Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If he wants the job and wants to coach the Rose Bowl you wait.

Why?

Because not a single player on the current roster or incoming recruit is going to bolt because the head coach isn't showing up until January.

Reaction Score
I was making an Edsall joke. I am not really spending a lot of mental energy on who the next coach will be. No matter what I think, Warde is going to hire the person he thinks is the best candidate that will accept the job. I am pretty sure he is not going to call me before making his final decision.
Well now we know Devland is not Bobby Burton.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nope, what happens all the time is coaches leave before the bowl game so they can hit the ground running at their new gig.
Absolutely not true. Some coaches feel they have a responsibility to the university and kids they recruited. Hard to hold that against them. Im guessing Warde would be willing to wait 3 weeks for his #1 candidate. Not sure why you take it as such and insult or a reason to pass on your #1 choice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there even any doubt left about the fact that Narduzzi is going to be our next coach?
Hmm Dan you seem to have a lot of confidence, any early prediction at our record next year?

Reaction Score
Won't believe any of the rumors till WM sings...

On the flip side. Someone who is interested in the job won't go out of his way to minimize what UConn has to offer.

If Narduzzi is interested, I get the love for Mich St stuff and "He has other opportunities" crap for negotiating money, but at some point, there has to be a little love for UConn trickled it somewhere.

Apparently Warde was spotted at an airport tonight. I guess the private jet to Atlanta wasn't available.

Reaction Score
Dan Brechlin‏@DanBrechlinRJ2h
CC @DrewPap85 RT @KevinGehlWLNS: Dantonio just confirmed it... #UConn wants to talk head coaching position with #MSU DC Pat Narduzzi.

Drew P‏@DrewPap852h
@DanBrechlinRJ @KevinGehlWLNS saw that. I think he's the guy by end if week

Kevin Gehl‏@KevinGehlWLNS2h
@DrewPap85 @DanBrechlinRJ: Narduzzi would be wise to wait and see what happens with Pelini at Nebraska... #MSU #Spartans

@martiveous221: Listen to all requests, but I think Narduzzi would be wise to wait, especially with Nebraska in flux...

Reaction Score
Dan Brechlin‏@DanBrechlinRJ2h
CC @DrewPap85 RT @KevinGehlWLNS: Dantonio just confirmed it... #UConn wants to talk head coaching position with #MSU DC Pat Narduzzi.

Drew P‏@DrewPap852h
@DanBrechlinRJ @KevinGehlWLNS saw that. I think he's the guy by end if week

@DrewPap85 @DanBrechlinRJ: Narduzzi would be wise to wait and see what happens with Pelini at Nebraska... #MSU #Spartans

@martiveous221: Listen to all requests, but I think Narduzzi would be wise to wait, especially with Nebraska in flux...

I swear to God, I feel like a Pavlov, tongue wagging dog. When I see you or Huskymedic have posted, I know it's a tweet that is related to the OP and I click on it hoping to get a treat. :cool:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Screw that, Go with Lembo or Weist and hire the Bowling Green defensive coordinator. Waiting 5 more weeks to sign our new coach is not a good plan. Shouldn't Narduzzi be this anxious to come to Storrs if he really wants the job?

In the big picture here is what the Rose Bowl means:

Good things come to all those who wait. This is not a rush job but something that needs to be done correctly. If Warde thinks he is worth waiting for then so be it. The younger generations wants everything now.

Reaction Score
This is purely posturing for the real negotiation. The guy can make $2+ million. Money talks nobody walks.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What has concerned me about Narduzzi all along is Dantoni, how much Narduzzi listens to Dantoni and how similar to Dantoni his thought process is.

Dantoni started the ball rolling at Cincinnati (and spent a little time saying the right things while there) and made it clear when he left that anything outside of a major conference HC job (the BE may or may not have qualified in his eyes but a number of members, including the school he worked for at that time did not) was little more than a path to a HC job and not necessarily the best path.

If Narduzzi buys into Dantoni's thinking he won't think enough of us to really want the job. Warde needs to both sell the commitment and direction the school has and measure the responses to determine the sincerity.

Reaction Score
Pelini is not going anywhere this year. He would be owed a $7.5 million buyout if fired. He is there for at least another year if not more. What Narduzzi and others have to be looking at is the simple fact that there are not many openings this year. Wake, UConn, Boise and then what? I think UConn has some advantages over Wake, but Wake has the ACC.

Reaction Score
Don't forget RE coached for GT in the bowl game against ND (which GT won) before assuming duties at UConn.

Narduzzi coming to UConn IS NOT the same as D'Antonio going to Cincinnatti. In the later case Cincinnatti was already proven to be a winner, and D'Antonio has expectations for success.

When you talk about best chances for success, realistically Michigan State has excellent depth, and the drop off in execution should a wave of MSU players leave for the NFL would not be as great what happened at UConn this year........and UConn has to start next year replacing the defensive line starters as well as 3-4 offensive line starters.

I don't think anyone coach can have high expectations of success right away going into next year and facing opponents such as BYU, Boise State, UCF, Houston, Cincinnatti, SMU with a large degree of inexperience.

Reaction Score
My opinion right now...there is a LOT of posturing going on...even the tweet about Clawson (I have seriously warmed up to him) not being considered. The sources the guys at football Scoop and College Football Rumor Mill have are agents who are self serving on behalf of their clients. It's beat writers from the teams candidates work for that will leak the interview list...

Reaction Score
Don't forget RE coached for GT in the bowl game against ND (which GT won) before assuming duties at UConn.

Narduzzi coming to UConn IS NOT the same as D'Antonio going to Cincinnatti. In the later case Cincinnatti was already proven to be a winner, and D'Antonio has expectations for success.

When you talk about best chances for success, realistically Michigan State has excellent depth, and the drop off in execution should a wave of MSU players leave for the NFL would not be as great what happened at UConn this year........and UConn has to start next year replacing the defensive line starters as well as 3-4 offensive line starters.

I don't think anyone coach can have high expectations of success right away going into next year and facing opponents such as BYU, Boise State, UCF, Houston, Cincinnatti, SMU with a large degree of inexperience.
TD Dantonio actually was the guy who turned Cincy around...Kelly, Jones and now Tuberville have continued on with that success.

Reaction Score
I think there is more to the story here. Dantoni had a heart attack a couple of years ago and he is 57. Narduzzi may be next in line at MSU and he wants to play nice with them. If he bolted before the bowl, he might leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and may lose a shot at returning to MSU in the future. I think there is a possibility MSU bumps his pay and makes him HC in waiting.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we've all had bosses tell us that we are so good we can get even better jobs...as a way of convincing us not to take that next promotion and leave.

Pretty sure most of us have seen through it.

Do the same here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Two things:

1) TJW will not be brought back unless it's as head coach. It's as simple as that. TJW would likely not accept the demotion and almost certainly Narduzzi would bring his own guy in and not risk going into a job with the potential for player's allegiances to be split.

How some of you cannot grasp that is astonishing.

2) As others have mentioned, money talks. There aren't a ton of marquee jobs available and if we come anywhere close to $2M/ season he'd be a damn fool to not accept the huge raise and opportunity.

Reaction Score
On the realignment board The Fat White Guy tweeted that there are rumors ( i assume recently) about UConn joining the ACC. I realize there have been past rumors regarding B1G, ACC and even the Big 12. Wondering if he heard something new or he rehashing old news. This point ( joining ACC) would obviously be a big selling point when hiring a new coach. Actually found it odd that the rumor was about the ACC and not B1G

Reaction Score
So what if he "can do better"?

Either he takes the job or he doesn't. The money's there, the potential is there, the commitment from the school is there, if Narduzzi doesn't want the job then he clearly isn't the right guy.

This is why I like Weist though. I hate to feel like we're a stepping stone and though we would be even for Weist if he got hot for a few years, I feel like he wouldn't go into the job expecting for us to be a stepping stone.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am not a big fan of job candidates who become drama queens before they are even offered the job. If Narduzzi's agent is already leaking "he can do better", it may be best to move on to the next candidate.

Reaction Score
I am not a big fan of job candidates who become drama queens before they are even offered the job. If Narduzzi's agent is already leaking "he can do better", it may be best to move on to the next candidate.

Who cares. Let them preen. This is about finding the right FOOTBALL coach for the next 3-10 years. Personal Slights and perceptions and feelings are so low on the priority list.

Ink the right guy. Nothing else matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom