Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All these articles make it very clear that MSU, its fans and beat writers are worried about him jumping ship. Not necessarily to UConn, but anywhere.

Reaction Score
But there's no way to replicate KO for the football team. The men's basketball team is tied for the sixth most NCAA championships of all time, and tied for ninth most Final Fours.

The analogy here is something akin to Florida in Football. They're a heavy weight right behind powers with longer traditions (Texas, Nebraska, Ohio State) and ahead of some (Michigan). Florida football is a destination job, not a stepping stone, although there are some schools you might leave it for. The same for UConn basketball. At Florida football or UConn basketball, you can get the coach that will almost certainly not leave for another college as well as the best coach. These are not mutually exclusive. For UConn football, though, it seems to be...
I enjoy most of your posts but do you really feel UF has better tradition than Mich? I'd think Mich and ND are the benchmark nationally for prestige/tradition,Nebraska a little less though but more than Fla!Maybe its an age thing but in the 60s/70s I'd have even thrown in Oklahoma(great tradition) and a very down now Colorado Buffalo's!!

Reaction Score
Dear Mods/Staff - how about pinning a "All things Narduzzi" thread for a bit?? Would make things easier to follow for those w/o boodles of time to flow through multiple threads for their fix.

I'm generally inclined to agree with this but every hour seems to yield something more, uh, interesting from Michigan as to why he shouldn't leave.

Reaction Score
I enjoy most of your posts but do you really feel UF has better tradition than Mich? I'd think Mich and ND are the benchmark nationally for prestige/tradition,Nebraska a little less though but more than Fla!Maybe its an age thing but in the 60s/70s I'd have even thrown in Oklahoma(great tradition) and a very down now Colorado Buffalo's!!

Times have changed. Michigan is a great historical program, but I think most people would rank Florida higher today.

Reaction Score
Times have changed. Michigan is a great historical program, but I think most people would rank Florida higher today.
Like I said....probably an age thing? I'll catch on eventually like most of us "boomers" Ha Ha!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Semantics, I think most people would still rank Michigan higher than Florida as a traditional program.

However, I think most kids today would rather play for Florida. Maybe that's all that matters though?

Reaction Score
No. A miscommunication. I meant that Michigan has a much better tradition than Florida, but Florida has more titles. Sort of like there are some schools that go back further than UConn in basketball, but UConn has equal to or more titles (Kansas, for instance).

Reaction Score
No. A miscommunication. I meant that Michigan has a much better tradition than Florida, but Florida has more titles. Sort of like there are some schools that go back further than UConn in basketball, but UConn has equal to or more titles (Kansas, for instance).
Sorry I mentioned it....maybe I was being too picayune?It just stood out to me because for so many yrs Fla was just considered by most a swamp until the 80s and the great NE/Midwest invasion brought our population further and further south!! They can thank Walt Disney for that. Ha Ha..your point is valid and well taken tzzandrew!

Reaction Score
I love how this analysis pays no mind to the huge increase in salary a head coaching job would entail. I think it kinda matters.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Semantics, I think most people would still rank Michigan higher than Florida as a traditional program.

However, I think most kids today would rather play for Florida. Maybe that's all that matters though?

No way. If Michigan State, then certainly Florida is the better job. But Michigan is the wingingest program all time. They have great academics and a stadium seating over 100k that they fill. Best and most iconic fight song.

Best job is going to be personal, but Michigan is easily the best job north of the Mason Dixon line. Ahead of Nebraska, OSU or Penn State. Florida is struggling to compete in the SEC right now, and isn't as strong as FSU or even South Carolina for that matter. Every program struggles at times. Alabama did, LSU did, USC has, Notre Dame did, Nebraska is right now, as is Texas.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
John Silver ‏@JohnFSilver2h
A 5 year deal for $9 mil, or a 2-year deal for $1.1 mil? The former is life-changing money. You better be sure you can get it somewhere else

Lol at JS lowballing our next coach. Wonder if WM put him up to it.

Reaction Score
I guess MSU fans think there facility is better than ours..inside look similar...but they have no indoor practice field...
http://www.msuspartans.com/facilities/daugherty-skandalaris.html
They do, don't go by just the photos in the one gallery that's attached to that page. But ours does seem taller, meaning we can do indoor kicking drills while they probably can't

2318782607_ed243519e4.jpg

Reaction Score
Pelini is not going anywhere this year. He would be owed a $7.5 million buyout if fired. He is there for at least another year if not more. What Narduzzi and others have to be looking at is the simple fact that there are not many openings this year. Wake, UConn, Boise and then what? I think UConn has some advantages over Wake, but Wake has the ACC.
This!

If Narduzzi were to pass up Uconn and stay as D/C at MSU that is 1.5 mil he won't get back. And who knows what happens next year - maybe no big job opens up and he is there another year and now it is 3 mil difference. Narduzzi will be looking at all of this on paper. Turning down that much money (assuming he is OK with the Uconn job) is a gamble.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Also, Narduzzi is 47. HC jobs won't be available forever. I feel like 50 w/o a HC gig starts to put you out of the running for a lot of jobs.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I still think our IPF is about 4x nicer. I'm not even sure you can throw a 60 yard pass in that barn.

Reaction Score
I'd say ours is nicer as well, but just as I don't want people perpetuating myths about UConn on their boards, I don't think its good to perpetuate ones about other schools here either.

note: Rutgirls and Syralose sucking is a fact, not an opinion, so perpetuate that all you want

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lol at JS lowballing our next coach. Wonder if WM put him up to it.
9 / 5 = $1.8 Mil. If that is a lowball offer I tremble at your idea of Market. After only a cursory Internet search, it looks like only the Big 12 averages $3 Mil per. At 1.8, this particular coach would make at least 3x his current salary, plus perks, for a job he's never done outside the Green/White scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Thanks...I didn't see them on their Athletic Dept website. Our's does seem bigger though.

They do, don't go by just the photos in the one gallery that's attached to that page. But ours does seem taller, meaning we can do indoor kicking drills while they probably can't

2318782607_ed243519e4.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who said anything about $2 million/yr? I think Warde will offer him whatever it takes, so I would not be surprised if Narduzzi ask for and gets $3 mill. I would like to see Warde and Narduzzi agree on TJ as OC, but that might be wishful thinking.
$2mil at least approximates the Market. $3 Mil for a 47 year old with no head coaching experience at any level would redefine the market. I do not see Mr. Manuel going near $3 million annually in the first contract.

Reaction Score
Mods/Staff - At the request of many users here, can we please pin this to the top of the board until the coaching search is complete?

There is a lot of great information being added to multiple threads as they pertain to the search and it would be great if we used this thread as one place to consolidate all the fragmented information.

Moving forward, please post any tweets and/or articles related to the search in this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon