Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. UConn is in the thick of its search. It interviewed interim coach T.J. Weist on Sunday and requested an interview with Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi. If Narduzzi bolts -- he could stay with the Spartans and collect a hefty raise or wait out a Big Ten job in 2014 -- the Spartans' DC job will be coveted. Maybe Mark Dantonio would call Ron English, who was fired after five years at Eastern Illinois. Also with UConn, Virginia Tech coach Bud Foster was linked to the job but I'm told nothing is expected to materialize there.
2. Wake Forest is not planning a coaching announcement today.Midweek seems realistic. Wake interviewed Ball State's Pete Lembo during the week and Bowling Green's Dave Clawson on Sunday. Will a mystery candidate emerge? As for MAC replacements, Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason comes to mind for one of these two spots – if he's willing to take a pay cut. Mason may want to hold out for something bigger, but the MAC is the ultimate springboard.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ges-daily-ten-buzz-worthy-items-to-start-week

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
My take from Warde's comments to the horde Sat. is this: the guys who are on the interview list reached out to UCONN...not the other way around. Warde asking schools for permission is all about contractual obligations on the candidates part...and courtesy to his peers on Warde's part. The posturing coming out of East Lansing is actually pretty comical. If I was betting in Vegas on whether or Narduzzi (through or not through his agent...it doesn't matter) called UCONN/Warde Manuel about the job or if UCONN/Warde Manuel called Narduzzi...I'm going ALL IN on Narduzzi contacting UCONN/Warde!! Same with anyone else on this hiring list!
I hope you are right about Narduzzi's interest... I missed most of the Warde "presser" comments on Saturday, so was there any quote in particular that makes you think that we're only going after those that showed interest in us?

Reaction Score
Starting to get the feeling that Mrs. Narduzzi might be UConn's best ally here. "Honey, we move home for three years, you make $6 million, and let's see what happens"

Reaction Score
As someone mentioned, Narduzzi whiffed on the Cincy job that went (unexpectedly to most) to Tuberville. Before that his name was floated for the BC job.

Narduzzi's actions indicate he is anxious to get a HC gig. I dare say, he is more anxious to be hired by UCONN than UCONN is to hire him.

He even put his name in for the Akron head coach position, before he withdrew. Now, whether he was serious about that or just wanted his profile to be elevated, I'm not sure, but something tells me that if Narduzzi doesn't get the UCONN job it won't be because UCONN was turned down.

Reaction Score
Why is Lembo in ATL? I read that the Wake AD flew to Muncie, IN to interview Lembo in person?
Irony of all ironies...I'm in Atlanta this week on business. Anyone know where they're meeting? I can go on a stakeout? BTW, Lou Holtz was on my flight here this morning

Reaction Score
Irony of all ironies...I'm in Atlanta this week on business. Anyone know where they're meeting? I can go on a stakeout? BTW, Lou Holtz was on my flight here this morning

Coach Lou.jpg

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
You have to be on the lookout. Lace up your sneakers, bring out your binoculars, get a compass. You have to be prepared to leave your luggage behind at the airport.
Good Luck.
Sincerely,
Former tracker of Susan Herbst flights to Chicago

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Did someone from the Boneyard author this piece? Or was this the same writer that Tim Fontineault (sp) spoke with at the game?

UCONN is positioned for a potential invitation to the Big Ten. With the academic, research and technology improvements under president Susan Herbst UCONN is on the threshhold of fulfilling the final qualifications for Big Ten membership. The critical linchpin now is football. The infrastructure is in place. What’s needed is a demonstrated committment to football, after years of selling itself as a basketball school in a basketball league. That committment will come at a price.

Reaction Score
As someone mentioned, Narduzzi whiffed on the Cincy job that went (unexpectedly to most) to Tuberville. Before that his name was floated for the BC job.

Narduzzi's actions indicate he is anxious to get a HC gig. I dare say, he is more anxious to be hired by UCONN than UCONN is to hire him.

He even put his name in for the Akron head coach position, before he withdrew. Now, whether he was serious about that or just wanted his profile to be elevated, I'm not sure, but something tells me that if Narduzzi doesn't get the UCONN job it won't be because UCONN was turned down.
I mentioned the Cincy wiff a few times here the last few days Rum...your post is dead on!

Reaction Score
Did someone from the Boneyard author this piece? Or was this the same writer that Tim Fontineault (sp) spoke with at the game?
UCONN is positioned for a potential invitation to the Big Ten. With the academic, research and technology improvements under president Susan Herbst UCONN is on the threshhold of fulfilling the final qualifications for Big Ten membership. The critical linchpin now is football. The infrastructure is in place. What’s needed is a demonstrated committment to football, after years of selling itself as a basketball school in a basketball league. That committment will come at a price.
Please, oh please, let us be in the final throws of B1G membership...like we announce a new coach and move.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Read the last line...

With a comment from the sports world, I’m Scott Gray.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
"With a comment from the sports world, I’m Scott Gray."

WTIC Sports dude.
Saw that... I was just thinking it was oddly placed and longish within the coaching update write-up. And most writers/blogger/reporters would have just said UConn has been vying for an ACC and B1G invite... maybe he knows something? Maybe Tim F. from the Daily Campus also spoke to someone who knows something?

Well anyway, back to Narduzzi, Lembo, Clawson, Hermann, Diaco, Weist, Saban...

Reaction Score
Saw that... I was just thinking it was oddly placed and longish within the coaching update write-up.
That's just the transcript of his daily morning radio commentary piece. He ends all of his commentary segments on WTIC that way.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
That's just the transcript of his daily morning radio commentary piece. He ends all of his commentary segments on WTIC that way.
I wasn't questioning the sign-off, but the commentary.

So it was on-air, interesting. Now that explains the verbal diarrhea about UConn being positioned for Big Ten invite. Never mind. AAC-4-Life

Reaction Score
Scott Gray's opinions are generally worthless...very speculative in nature. I sure wouldn't hold my breath on what he's saying. As an example...I'll never forget him suggesting that UConn withdraw from the BE back in the early 80's. That was back before they hired JC. His point was they weren't successful, never were going to be, so why not get out and into a league where they could "compete"...lol His suggested replacement for UConn??? The Hartford Hawks! ...a program on the rise with a bright future...at least that's what Scott Gray said... way back when!

Reaction Score
Scott Gray's opinions are generally worthless...very speculative in nature. I sure wouldn't hold my breath on what he's saying. As an example...I'll never forget him suggesting that UConn withdraw from the BE back in the early 80's. That was back before they hired JC. His point was they weren't successful, never were going to be, so why not get out and into a league where they could "compete"...lol His suggested replacement for UConn??? The Hartford Hawks! ...a program on the rise with a bright future...at least that's what Scott Gray said... way back when!

I think either your memory has faded or Gray must have been joking as Hartford was awful in basketball in the early 80s:

79/80: 6-21
80/81: 9-16
81/82: 8-20
82/83: 9-18
83/84: 12-15
84/85: 7-21
85/86: 12-16

Reaction Score
Am I the only one a little bit turned off by the fact that this Lembo dude has never coached a day of his life at a BCS school, and has only been a coach of any kind in FBS for a whopping three years?

Reaction Score
Tom Herman met with a recruit in Georgia last night. Warde's in Atlanta today. FWIW.

Mike Bobo and Mark Richt are in Atlanta too...

Skiblets - do you have a photo dossier in case you see someone that looks familiar @ Hooters or the Varsity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom