Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he doesn't come into the interview pumped up to be HC at UConn, you don't hire him. And that goes for anyone that interviews for the job.

He also better be wearing a tie (and long sleeves for the interview at least) and send thank you notes after the interview. WTF Narduzzi!

Reaction Score
Mods/Staff - At the request of many users here, can we please pin this to the top of the board until the coaching search is complete?

There is a lot of great information being added to multiple threads as they pertain to the search and it would be great if we used this thread as one place to consolidate all the fragmented information.

Moving forward, please post any tweets and/or articles related to the search in this thread.

Thanks everyone!
Done

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It better not be a red tie or someone here will go wild...I just can't remember who...

As long the red tie is accompanied by a National Flag Blue suit, I'm fine with it...Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Reaction Score
And Michigan State AD says he's prepared to keep Narduzzi. Betcha he's not gonna pay him $2-2.5 million tho

Spartans News @SpartansMLive
Michigan State's Mark Hollis says he's in 'very good position' to try to retain Pat Narduzzi, staff continuity Post original url/1diuhiJ

Reaction Score
And Michigan State AD says he's prepared to keep Narduzzi. Betcha he's not gonna pay him $2-2.5 million tho

Spartans News @SpartansMLive
Michigan State's Mark Hollis says he's in 'very good position' to try to retain Pat Narduzzi, staff continuity Post original url/1diuhiJ

Ha - here comes the "Head Coach in Waiting" anchor tag :).

Reaction Score
Ha - here comes the "Head Coach in Waiting" anchor tag :).
Ask Muschamp how that worked for him in Texas...I would be interested to see if Warde decides Narduzzi is the choice if he starts at $2 mill/season. Dantonio makes $2 or $2.5 mill/season...so he will need a raise to roughly $3 mill/season, then pay Narduzzi $1.2-$1.5 mill/season as HCIW/Assoc HC/DC, then give rest of staff raises. I find it funny how this wasn't such a big deal last season when he almost got the Cincy job before the Cincy AD called his buddy Tommy T and hired him away from Texas Tech.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Silver has an excellent thread of tweets outlining the financial risk Narduzzi takes if he turns this down. As mentioned earlier if he's not all-in -- even for just 3 years -- then Warde should move on.

If freakin Dantonio is advising him to wait he is a hypocrite. Guy left OSU to go to Cincy. Worked out pretty well for him. Hope Warde points that out to him.

BTW do we know who Narduzzi and Lembo's agents are?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Happy to see Lembo interviewing. Start with Narduzzi and if he decides to pass, I'd like to see Lembo or Clawson lined up waiting behind him.

Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with Lembo, myself. Also be happy with Clawson. In fact, personally I'd take either one over Narduzzi, but my sense is Warde likes assistants.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Reports: Lembo still in the mix

Pete Roussel @coachingsearch
Sources tell me Ball State coach Pete Lembo is interviewing today with UConn AD Warde Manuel in Atlanta. Ticker: goo.gl/RGmjp9
Why is Lembo in ATL? I read that the Wake AD flew to Muncie, IN to interview Lembo in person?

Reaction Score
My take from Warde's comments to the horde Sat. is this: the guys who are on the interview list reached out to UCONN...not the other way around. Warde asking schools for permission is all about contractual obligations on the candidates part...and courtesy to his peers on Warde's part. The posturing coming out of East Lansing is actually pretty comical. If I was betting in Vegas on whether or Narduzzi (through or not through his agent...it doesn't matter) called UCONN/Warde Manuel about the job or if UCONN/Warde Manuel called Narduzzi...I'm going ALL IN on Narduzzi contacting UCONN/Warde!! Same with anyone else on this hiring list!

Reaction Score
There are so many ways to read all this. If Mich St is talking about making Narduzzi happy it could mean they feel it's a real possibility they could lose him.

At the same time Narduzzi isn't planning on going anywhere and his agent is helping him get a raise.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Narduzzi and Warde actually meet it will be to finalize details. I just hope Warde is smart enough to know if he is being played because if Narduzzi turns him down it will not look good.

Reaction Score
There are so many ways to read all this. If Mich St is talking about making Narduzzi happy it could mean they feel it's a real possibility they could lose him.

At the same time Narduzzi isn't planning on going anywhere and his agent is helping him get a raise.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Narduzzi and Warde actually meet it will be to finalize details. I just hope Warde is smart enough to know if he is being played because if Narduzzi turns him down it will not look good.
Art....if Narduzzi and Warde have an interview...it is because Narduzzi reached out to UCONN and wants to interview for the job. Again from the comments he made Sat about the search this list is compiled of guys who reached out to him that want the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom