Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Boise did not need a splash hire. Their brand is not broken.
True, but I still believe our hire will be better in the long-run. I could be completely wrong if we end with (gag) Ambrose. But I'm confident Lembo or Narduzzi will be our pick.

Reaction Score
RR - Speaking of conspiracy theories, did you see this wingnut post from late last night? (it's now like 5 pages back):

>>Spartan787 620 posts
I read where the AD at Connecticut is a Michigan grad and UM posters were speculating that he will try to do Brandon a favor by attempting to hire away Narduzzi since UM did UConn a favor by playing a road game there. A few posters also said that one prominent UM alum, the guy who just donated millions of dollars to UM whose name escapes me, might help Connecticut with the salary just to get Narduzzi out of MSU. I am not sure I buy into all of that but it was interesting hearing how they are all so enamored with getting Pat Narduzzi out of MSU. Nardawg can certainly get interviews on his own merit with his brilliant track record. I wish him the best whatever he decides to do.<<

If that is true haha. I'll have to start rooting for the Dolphins now

Reaction Score
True, but I still believe our hire will be better in the long-run. I could be completely wrong if we end with (gag) Ambrose. But I'm confident Lembo or Narduzzi will be our pick.
The question (at least with Narduzzi) isn't whether he'll be our pick, it's whether we'll be his.

Reaction Score
I think Lembo is a better pick up then Clawson. I think Narduzzi is bigger NAME than both of them combined (yet to be proven if he can be a HC). And I think it's going to be Narduzzi or Lembo. Either of them will give us instead credibility. Wake will continue to be mediocre ate best.

Boise St. went with the safe pick and picked up their old OC. They will probably keep winning, but it's not a splash hire.

What does salary/compensation have to do with being a better hire?

Was Petersen a splash hire when Boise hired him? Give me the right hire over the splash hire 6 times a week and twice on Saturday.

Reaction Score
If saban leaves for texas the most likely move for Alabama is to promote Kirby Smart. The Texas thing is hardly going to affect us.

Reaction Score
Gone are the days a college coach brings a program to national prominence and stays for 15+ years. Such a shame. There's coaching musical chairs it seems way too often.

Reaction Score
I hope we are not last to hire. Make your best offer to Narduzzi, give him a deadline and if he doesn't take it move on. He is not the end all be all, he is an assistant who has never been a head coach.

As a Recruiter, I can tell you this: IF Uconn/WM have decided that Nard-Dog is THE guy, then the Search Firm in ATL should be giving them the following advice: Make as strong an offer as possible and put a timetable on it. He'll accept the bird-in-hand offer of ~$2M (a 400% raise) or he doesn't want to be at UCONN. Either way, it's a win/win for UCONN, we get the guy, or we know he doesn't want us.

Reaction Score
Was Petersen a splash hire when Boise hired him? Give me the right hire over the splash hire 6 times a week and twice on Saturday.

If you could find a systemic way to figure out who the "right hire" is 6 times a week, you are up for a massive pay raise.

Reaction Score
If saban leaves for texas the most likely move for Alabama is to promote Kirby Smart. The Texas thing is hardly going to affect us.
I am not so sure. How is the Will Muschamp hire working out at Florida? If you will recall, he was the next upcoming can't miss coordinator who Texas tried to keep and gave the "Coach in Waiting" tag to. I think if you are kicking Mack Brown to the curb the way they are, they better be hiring Saban. If not Saban, I would think it would have to be a proven Coach from another program. Just my opinion...

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Then why are you so anti-TJ hire? He's a good coach, player's coach, motivated, wants to be here... hmm.

Reaction Score
I think Lembo is a better pick up then Clawson. I think Narduzzi is bigger NAME than both of them combined (yet to be proven if he can be a HC). And I think it's going to be Narduzzi or Lembo. Either of them will give us instead credibility. Wake will continue to be mediocre ate best.

Boise St. went with the safe pick and picked up their old OC. They will probably keep winning, but it's not a splash hire.

What does salary/compensation have to do with being a better hire?
I saw Clawson as the best available proven head coach that would move. Higher than Lembo in my book. I just have an aversion to a career coordinator having their first HC gig with a school that needs a big change. Too risky. I prefer a guy with success and a track record of success at every level where he recruited and built. Clawson had everything I wanted and Uconn was not even given a sniff. Lembo is the next best option on my list. From there, the risk shoots up significantly.

Reaction Score
Then why are you so anti-TJ hire? He's a good coach, player's coach, motivated, wants to be here... hmm.

I don't know why some can't grasp the position people are taking on TJ. I'm not "anti-TJ", whatever that means. I'm just not sure he is the right hire. I think there are other guys who have a better proven track record. If we hire him it's likely because we whiffed on at least 3 or 4 candidates. That's the bottom line in all of this.

Reaction Score
All I know is this. We got left holding the bag with the BE due to wait and see inaction, and we better not rinse and repeat in this case. Get something done before we are left with another crap sandwich.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think any one of Narduzzi, Lembo, or Diaco will be both.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I don't know why some can't grasp the position people are taking on TJ. I'm not "anti-TJ", whatever that means. I'm just not sure he is the right hire. I think there are other guys who have a better proven track record. If we hire him it's likely because we whiffed on at least 3 or 4 candidates. That's the bottom line in all of this.
I agree if we hire him it's because Warde whiffed on his top picks, but he's less of a black-box than any other candidate.

Reaction Score

Lembo is a proven track record? I'd say mediocre to ok. Ball State lost to North Texas this year and he hasn't won his conference since 2004 at Lehigh nor has he won a postseason game in 4 attempts.

2001Lehigh11–17–01stL NCAA Division I-AA Quarterfinal5
2002Lehigh8–44–34th
2003Lehigh8–36–12nd23
2004Lehigh9–35–1T–1stL NCAA Division I-AA First Round15
2005Lehigh8–34–23rd
Lehigh:44–1426–7
Elon Phoenix (Southern Conference) (2006–2010)
2006Elon5–62–5T–5th
2007Elon7–44–3T–3rd23
2008Elon8–46–23rd17
2009Elon9–37–12ndL NCAA Division I First Round9
2010Elon6–55–3T–3rd
Elon:35–2224–14
Ball State Cardinals (Mid-American Conference) (2011–present)
2011Ball State6–64–4T–4th (West)
2012Ball State9–46–2T–2nd (West)L Beef 'O' Brady's
2013Ball State10–27–12nd (West)

Reaction Score
Lembo is a proven track record? I'd say mediocre to ok. Ball State lost to North Texas this year and he hasn't won his conference since 2004 at Lehigh nor has he won a postseason game in 4 attempts.

2001Lehigh11–17–01stL NCAA Division I-AA Quarterfinal5
2002Lehigh8–44–34th
2003Lehigh8–36–12nd23
2004Lehigh9–35–1T–1stL NCAA Division I-AA First Round15
2005Lehigh8–34–23rd
Lehigh:44–1426–7
Elon Phoenix (Southern Conference) (2006–2010)
2006Elon5–62–5T–5th
2007Elon7–44–3T–3rd23
2008Elon8–46–23rd17
2009Elon9–37–12ndL NCAA Division I First Round9
2010Elon6–55–3T–3rd
Elon:35–2224–14
Ball State Cardinals (Mid-American Conference) (2011–present)
2011Ball State6–64–4T–4th (West)
2012Ball State9–46–2T–2nd (West)L Beef 'O' Brady's
2013Ball State10–27–12nd (West)

In what alternative universe is that NOT a proven track record? Mediocre to ok? OK, whatever you say.....

Reaction Score
Dear Lord. That reads like the WVU board crossed with Art Bell and a dash of the illuminati.

RR - Speaking of conspiracy theories, did you see this wingnut post from late last night? (it's now like 5 pages back):

>>Spartan787 620 posts
I read where the AD at Connecticut ...

Reaction Score
I am not so sure. How is the Will Muschamp hire working out at Florida? If you will recall, he was the next upcoming can't miss coordinator who Texas tried to keep and gave the "Coach in Waiting" tag to. I think if you are kicking Mack Brown to the curb the way they are, they better be hiring Saban. If not Saban, I would think it would have to be a proven Coach from another program. Just my opinion...
Muschamp was 12-1, or something like that and in the sugar bowl last year. That they were terrible this year is in no small part due to a staggering number of injuries. He shoots from the hip too much and had angered peolple down there.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Didn't they also destroy Virginia (at VA) this year?

Reaction Score
UVA , the poster child for hiring the "hot" lower level guy that did not work out. London is a fantastic recruiter but is one awful coach.

Reaction Score
In what alternative universe is that NOT a proven track record? Mediocre to ok? OK, whatever you say.....
Thats no proven track record compared to three straight wins to end a season. Seriously, lets just try and let this playout. You could poke holes in anyones candidacy if you try hard enough.

Reaction Score

It was 24-24 with 2 min left in the 3rd. Final score not indicative and Virginia was bad this year. i"m just saying his career does not blow me away.

I want a successful championship caliber coach who's won at all levels if we are not going with Weist (i.e. Tressel). You want to go with a MAC level, well Tressel won championships at the lower level. Youngstown State took their conference crown in year 2 after going 2-9 his first season and then went 4 straight years to the title game.

Lembo on the other hand has spent 5 years in the Southern Conference and didn't win his conference. He's been in the MAC 3 years now and is 0 for 3. Sounds like we are settling to me if Lembo is the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom