Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

Reaction Score
made us aware of Rice,

Tho TBH, if I were coaching at a high-education-quality school in the hometown of the Ogwumikes, was it really that much of a stretch to land them as transfers?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Tho TBH, if I were coaching at a high-education-quality school in the hometown of the Ogwumikes, was it really that much of a stretch to land them as transfers?

Fair pondering, for sure. But, to me, one step to being successful is getting it done, whether it's easy or hard. If you think the Ogwumike sisters were low-hanging fruit, so be it. But she picked thjem..and then utlized the sisters correctly. As I recall, Iademarco got the transfer train going and was a draw .

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, on paper looks like a good hire. Proof is in the pudding, so we'll have to wait and see. She has her work cut out for her building that roster up to be competitive. Hopefully she hits the transfer portal effectively. @triaddukefan little jab certainly hits home, UW has had a number of HC bolt to move closer to home when they got the opportunity. Had about enough of that. I'm not sure if a coach bringing their entire staff with them is the norm. I would definitely prefer she add somebody with established recruiting ties on the West Coast.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yeah, on paper looks like a good hire. Proof is in the pudding, so we'll have to wait and see. She has her work cut out for her building that roster up to be competitive. Hopefully she hits the transfer portal effectively. @triaddukefan little jab certainly hits home, UW has had a number of HC bolt to move closer to home when they got the opportunity. Had about enough of that. I'm not sure if a coach bringing their entire staff with them is the norm. I would definitely prefer she add somebody with established recruiting ties on the West Coast.
Oh, kind of like Jody Wynn did? That didn’t work out too well as I recall...Come NW, If she can bring any kids from Texas to Wash, that’s a home run. Try to be a bit cheerful here!

Reaction Score
Don’t know when contracts end but coaches I would think are in danger:

SEC
Auburn (TFWs 9th yr)
maybe Fl (4th yr) but not sure he’s been there long enough
LSU is not terrible but is that the standard?
Vandy — White may get one more bc of COVID but things have not gone well

BIG
Purdue
Wisconsin? (5th yr)
Illinois — Nancy Fahey (4th yr) experiment not working but they may give her more time

PAC
Wash — this is her 4th year
Utah?

ACC
None?

B12
Oklahoma?
Well according to some naysayers on this board maybe Geno should be in the hot seat. Can you imagine! We haven’t won a NC in 5 years. The program is in shambles..:eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh, kind of like Jody Wynn did? That didn’t work out too well as I recall...Come NW, If she can bring any kids from Texas to Wash, that’s a home run. Try to be a bit cheerful here!
Wynn brought her entire staff with her. For the most part they continued to recruit Big West level players, as we saw that didn't cut it in the Pac 12. She had a player from Texas in her '21 class FWIW, that's never gonna be the life blood of recruiting for UW. You have to be able to recruit in California. Washington and Oregon produce some talent, but good luck keeping them close to home.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pretty cool/weird that WSU with Kamie Ethridge and now UW with Langley have HCs who made their name (as either player or coach) in the Lone Star State.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Pretty cool/weird that WSU with Kamie Ethridge and now UW with Langley have HCs who made their name (as either player or coach) in the Lone Star State.
Sounds like an opportunity for you to continue the Texas trend and move closer to @nwhoopfan and you can further bond together at Purple Huskies games...:D

Reaction Score

@Vowelguy killed it with his hot seat options:
Ha, so I mentioned 9. 7 have made changes. Unfortunately for some of our welcomed guests, one of the two without a change is LSU. (other is IL)

Have any other P5 coaching changes happened besides these 7?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Wow.

The only surprising thing here is timing. Why so late.
I wonder if Stephanie asked about an extension and that’s what prompted the decision because you’re right, nothing new has come about since A) Vandy quit the season and B) all the other conference tournaments ended.
as we saw with JPM last year, the ADs want to let the contracts play out to avoid buyouts or disharmony but the clueless coach wants more security.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
@Vowelguy killed it with his hot seat options:

Sacha Washington just committed to Vanderbilt yesterday. She previously de-committed from Purdue. I wonder if this changes the plan for Washington.

Reaction Score
Well done Vandy.... LSU is afraid to pull the plug but maybe they couldn’t find a decent hire

Reaction Score
Sacha Washington just committed to Vanderbilt yesterday. She previously de-committed from Purdue. I wonder if this changes the plan for Washington.
Thanks I thought someone had just committed there. Bummer for the kid. This is the problem with waiting so long.

Reaction Score
Would seem like Langley, a native of AL & coming from a high academic school like Rice, might have been a really good fit here.

He who hesitates ...

Reaction Score
White's problem hasn't been recruiting. It's that she is a bad coach for college players and hasn't been able to put together a coherent style of play in 5 years, or to develop her talent.

Good luck to Vandy with the next hire.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well done Vandy.... LSU is afraid to pull the plug but maybe they couldn’t find a decent hire
They were waiting for White to become available, bet they pull the trigger in the next 48 hrs! :eek: :cool:

Reaction Score
Interesting (and kind of diverse) list of names here, and the names in the thread are also interesting.

Reaction Score
Wow.

The only surprising thing here is timing. Why so late.
Back in early March, there was a poster on the Purdue board saying a Purdue coaching change was coming. But they weren't able to give more details. On March 13, they revealed they had heard that Stephanie White was coming to Purdue. Supposedly this had been confirmed by at least 3 sources "in the know". Obviously this was revealed after it was rumored that she was staying at Vanderbilt. Then 2 weeks later the Purdue coaching change for next year was announced. Odd timing all the way around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom