Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While researching the assistant coach situation on behalf of an LSU BYer, I did happen to notice that on the Baylor Facebook page, numerous congrats and well wishes to Nikki (or is it Nicki?) Collen for her birthday and for welcoming Ms. Cummings but yet none were from Ms. Messer. Me thinks Kim is still working on migrating her and possibly Brooks to LSU...but that’s idle speculation based on social media “lack of posts”...I just want to give “said LSU fan” further joy for his future and the recruiting that could unfold.

Reaction Score
While researching the assistant coach situation on behalf of an LSU BYer, I did happen to notice that on the Baylor Facebook page, numerous congrats and well wishes to Nikki (or is it Nicki?) Collen for her birthday and for welcoming Ms. Cummings but yet none were from Ms. Messer. Me thinks Kim is still working on migrating her and possibly Brooks to LSU...but that’s idle speculation based on social media “lack of posts”...I just want to give “said LSU fan” further joy for his future and the recruiting that could unfold.
Kim said in a interview that Brock was likely staying in Waco. He is up in age plus his family is near by.

No clue on Messer yet, I think Kim wants to bring her in but she has not made any announcements yet. Kaylin Rice is going to be one of the assistants but even that hasn't been formally announced either. I'm assuming they announce all the hires at one time.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Kim said in a interview that Brock was likely staying in Waco. He is up in age plus his family is near by.

No clue on Messer yet, I think Kim wants to bring her in but she has not made any announcements yet. Kaylin Rice is going to be one of the assistants but even that hasn't been formally announced either. I'm assuming they announce all the hires at one time.
Thanks for the update “said LSU fan” or should I say “alleged said LSU fan” :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Delaware announces a new hire, but I missed any previous announcement about who is leaving. Previous staff was Bob Clark (Assoc HC), Sarah Jenkins (Asst/RC), and Mykala Walker (AC). Not sure who Mosely, former HC at DII Lincoln University:

Update: I missed the Jenkins to Penn State news. My bad.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Weird how LSU still hasn't announced any assistant coaches yet. She was hired 3 weeks ago.
Please tell me you are not perseverating over the hiring of assistant coaches? I mean, first you wanted Nikki gone, then you were worried about the amount of time it was taking to finalize a potential deal with Kim and if she was coming to LSU, then you were worried about the over sfuffed roster with insufficient P5 players, now you want the full coaching staff in place...jeesh there's no pleasing you. Thankfully I know my wife is a UConn fan so I know it's not her hiding in an SECbbfan meme. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
To be fair it’s a legit concern although nothing that can be fixed over night. :)
Me's starting to think you're high maintenance....

Queen Drama GIF by My Kitchen Rules

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Weird how LSU still hasn't announced any assistant coaches yet. She was hired 3 weeks ago.
Try my life! Vic hasn't replaced Johnnie Harris and it's been like 8 weeks since he's known she was leaving for Auburn. :cool:

Reaction Score
Try my life! Vic hasn't replaced Johnnie Harris and it's been like 8 weeks since he's known she was leaving for Auburn. :cool:
To be fair, Kim has publicly been telling people that her entire staff outside one coach was coming with her, so maybe they are announcing them all at once. I guess I'm just impatient right now :D

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
To be fair, Kim has publicly been telling people that her entire staff outside one coach was coming with her, so maybe they are announcing them all at once. I guess I'm just impatient right now :D
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Reaction Score
How many notable schools still have assistant coach openings?
  • Michigan (1?)
  • Southern Cal (3)
  • LSU (1-2?)
  • Baylor (2)
  • Mississippi State (1)
  • Oregon State (2)
  • Texas (1)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How many notable schools still have assistant coach openings?
  • Michigan (1?)
  • Southern Cal (3)
  • LSU (1-2?)
  • Baylor (2)
  • Mississippi State (1)
  • Oregon State (2)
  • Texas (1)
Ohio State as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Didn't know where to post this:

I'd pay attention on Kendra Gillispie, a 6'2" forward who is Marquette's highest ranking recruit in...forever? Tony Greene was recruiting her heavily when he was at Ole Miss. Once he left for his one season at Marquette, she followed. Maybe she's gotten to like Megan Duffy. Or maybe she follows Greene to Baylor. Or, since she's from Norman, Oklahoma and they have a new coach with Jennie B.....? Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
E3o1yNHWEAIYC95

Charmin Smith pulling out all the stops because she knows her days are numbered if she doesn't.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I'm not following. Could you clarify/expand?
You can only have three assistant coaches - there are four listed. Kai Felton is believed to have moved to an off-court role. All three assistants were hired this off season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom