Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

Reaction Score
So, I am curious about any comments from the schools on Nikki Fargas or Sharon Versyp. I mean, come on, those contracts are expiring next year and there is no sign of visible improvement coming. Doesn't the school at least offer some insight into what they plan? After the tournament FSU will need to address their situation. I still think some more dominoes have to fall. Will any early round exits cause additional "hot seat" situations?
ADs with mens' teams in the tourney may be distracted by that ... though I would've hoped they had this well thought out before the end of the season.

Reaction Score
So, I am curious about any comments from the schools on Nikki Fargas or Sharon Versyp. I mean, come on, those contracts are expiring next year and there is no sign of visible improvement coming.

013d6fb497ec39ac680927a30596cc7a.jpg

Reaction Score
I’d think Joanne Boyle might be a candidate somewhere. That is, if she’s interested in coaching again.

Reaction Score
Have heard (somewhat reliably?) that Aston has her sights set on the Kansas job, should it open. But ... given the instability in their athletic department at the moment, you have to wonder if the non-football coaches are all safe until it all gets squared away.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Have heard (somewhat reliably?) that Aston has her sights set on the Kansas job, should it open. But ... given the instability in their athletic department at the moment, you have to wonder if the non-football coaches are all safe until it all gets squared away.
Aston's coaching minus the built in recruiting advantages at Texas sounds pretty questionable.

Reaction Score
Bunky Harkleroad is out as Sacramento State WBB head coach; eight-year record of 88-151 overall, 58-94 Big Sky

EwuXT1tXIAI3zoe

Reaction Score
Austin Peay just hired someone who was an asst for 3 years at ODU and 1 at Miss St under NMP. Hmm.

Reaction Score
Gotta be talking about Auburn and Oklahoma, right?
Wisconsin and Washington are kinda out of geography
I originally thought Langley at Oklahoma and Harris at Auburn, but Langley is from Alabame, so maybe moving back home would be enticing?

Harris also began following Oklahoma Athletics on twitter.

Should be interesting.

Reaction Score

Not sure how J. Harris would end up doing but she is a superb post player coach, one of the best out there. She seems like a nice person. Would be interesting to see how does in Norman.

Reaction Score
ETSU to announce on Friday. Leading candidate is Ohio St assistant Simon Harris. He has been an assistant at Dayton, NC St (2018-20), and Ohio St (2020-21).

Reaction Score

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Johnnie Harris was royally screwed by John Cohen. I'm glad she's gonna get the job she's always deserved now. Auburn will be a good landing spot for her. She'll take them from 0-16 to 8-8. If she goes to Oklahoma.....lol Johnnie vs Vic....lol :):)

Tho it's safe to say she will not be our coach next year when NMP is hightailed out of here.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure opinions will be mixed, but does this public tweet by Dawn Staley help, or bring more negative attention to whatever is going on?

Reaction Score
I'm sure opinions will be mixed, but does this public tweet by Dawn Staley help, or bring more negative attention to whatever is going on?

Probably helps. Better to have someone speak up for you than dead silence or worse constant pitter patter of transfers.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Probably helps. Better to have someone speak up for you than dead silence or worse constant pitter patter of transfers.
I'm guessing she never actually tweets what is going on -- outgoing transfers seems like the issue not mentioned directly.

Who does it help, though? Nikki's bosses at MSU? Prospective recruits? It's not gonna influence other potential outgoing transfers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I see Dawn supporting her friend in rough times. I’m not convinced McCray will right the ship but Dawn and McCray are close, probably just sticking up for her as we all speculate as to the internal workings of what’s going on right now at Miss St

McCray will either fix what needs to be fixed and making the tourney, or she won’t be coaching there for a while.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm guessing she never actually tweets what is going on -- outgoing transfers seems like the issue not mentioned directly.

Who does it help, though? Nikki's bosses at MSU? Prospective recruits? It's not gonna influence other potential outgoing transfers.
I see Dawn supporting her friend in rough times. I’m not convinced McCray will right the ship but Dawn and McCray are close, probably just sticking up for her as we all speculate as to the internal workings of what’s going on right now at Miss St

McCray will either fix what needs to be fixed and making the tourney, or she won’t be coaching there for a while.
To me a message like this is pointless at best and counterproductive at worst. It only sends out signals that seem to confirm that indeed NMP's tenure is in doubt, and it contributes to a "blood in the water" perception.

It can't just be about the transfers; in this day and age that's something any new coach can expect after their first year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom