Coaching changes 2020 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Coaching changes 2020

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
According to the article she has a better record than Geno, cuter too.

GCU named Miller, 34, as its new head coach Tuesday after she posted an astounding 180-17 record over the past six years at her alma mater, Drury Univeristy in Springfield, Missouri. The .914 winning percentage tops any active Division I, II or III men's or women's basketball head coach with at least five years of experience and includes a stunning 67-1 mark over the past two seasons.

Reaction Score
According to the article she has a better record than Geno.
Miller, 34, .914 winning percentage
She keeps winning at that rate, she could break a thousand wins well before she hits 60. She would be on track to have more wins than Geno if she can keep it up into her 60's.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That is a pretty impressive record and she's only 34 with 6 years of HC duties. I will be keeping an eye on her and this program similar to watching Joanne Bernabe-McNamee, Marissa Mosely, Courtney Banghart, Meg Duffy and Carla Berube all next generation coaches.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That is a pretty impressive record and she's only 34 with 6 years of HC duties. I will be keeping an eye on her and this program similar to watching Joanne Bernabe-McNamee, Marissa Mosely, Courtney Banghart, Meg Duffy and Carla Berube all next generation coaches.
For future success - she needs to get to a different school / conference. The WAC - dreadful. GCU - a unique situation, for sure, with their for-profit model.

I hope she does well, we need more really young coaches coming up.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Brown hires Monique LeBlanc from Merrimack.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder when the Ducks assistant coach will start getting some attention

Plebe

Reaction Score
New Hampshire coach Maureen Magarity has been hired by Holy Cross — making the daring leap from the America East to the Patriot League.

I guess she must've interviewed well, because nothing about her record says wow. Her best season by far was a 26-6 campaign in 2016-17 that ended in the WNIT first round (her only WNIT appearance). She did get a ringing endorsement from former America East rival Jen Rizzotti, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is Holy Cross a better job than the Flagship U of New Hampshire?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
New Hampshire coach Maureen Magarity has been hired by Holy Cross — making the daring leap from the America East to the Patriot League.

I guess she must've interviewed well, because nothing about her record says wow. Her best season by far was a 26-6 campaign in 2016-17 that ended in the WNIT first round (her only WNIT appearance). She did get a ringing endorsement from former America East rival Jen Rizzotti, for whatever that's worth.

I know that it's heresy to criticize one of our own but does either a criticism or an endorsement from Jen really mean anything any more? I mean, come on, the last few years of Hartford were not good (40-54) and her first 4 years of GW are pedestrian at best and that includes a solid roster that was left for her (63-59) and this past year was dreadful at 14-16. Not sure how long her GW original contract was for but she needs to turn that program back to what Tsipis (92-38) had it at. These last 7 years (103-103) should stop most of the BYers from clamoring for her to replace Geno/CD when the time comes...:oops:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
(Former) Miss. State asst. coach Elena Lovato has removed all MSU references from her twitter page; most expecting her to be part of Schaefer's staff at Texas.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
(Former) Miss. State asst. coach Elena Lovato has removed all MSU references from her twitter page; most expecting her to be part of Schaefer's staff at Texas.
Any news on Johnnie Harris if she's following Vic or has removed MSU references?

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Have to wonder when the Ducks assistant coach will start getting some attention
agree. My husband LOVES him -- perhaps he awaits the next big West Coast opportunity?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Any news on Johnnie Harris if she's following Vic or has removed MSU references?
Harris removed hers several days ago. Dionnah Jackson had not removed anything as of today.

Reaction Score
Harris removed hers several days ago. Dionnah Jackson had not removed anything as of today.
All three are expected to join the the Texas coaching staff. There has been some discussion among MSU fans that one may stay but there has no official indication of that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For some reason I keep entering this thread hoping to see that Duke has made a coaching change.... I think this is the perfect gif

refrig.gif

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another job saved by covid-19?

McNeese was 5-24 and 2-18 in the Southland this season, not exactly a record that screams "extend me". And 2 of those 5 wins were over non-D1 teams.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A Big South school going cheap with its hiring:

Reaction Score
Elena Lovato notes now being an assistant coach at Texas but there hasn't ben a official announcement yet. Figured most the assistants would follow over.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 4.40.16 PM.png

Reaction Score
Elena Lovato notes now being an assistant coach at Texas but there hasn't ben a official announcement yet. Figured most the assistants would follow over.

View attachment 53182
There has been some talk among Mississippi State fans of one of the coaches staying but I understand it might be one of the support staff instead. I’ll be shocked if all three top assistants don’t end up at Texas.
In contrast it appears Coach McCray-Penson isn’t necessarily bringing all her top assistants from Old Dominion. I’ll be interested to see who she gets. Her associate head coach is key.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Chicago State job is now open.

The Chicago Tribune reports that two-year head coach Misty Opat resigned; other outlets are saying she was fired.

In any event, a WCBB jobs guru on Twitter says Opat is the next head coach at Cochise College, a top JC program in Arizona (Miss. State fans know it as the former school of Yemiyah Morris).

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom