2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Friend of mine lives in Burlington, CT and said their high school, Lewis Mills, is playing Bristol Central tomorrow. Said Lewis Mills isn't very athletic and the tallest player is maybe 6-2.
6’2” would be generous. They’ll be giving up 11-12 inches and probably 80 pounds on DC.

Reaction Score
If Donovan were my son I'd advise him to visit all the schools that have offered him a scholarship.

Donovan,

"Enjoy the ride son, and choose where YOU feel most comfortable. It's not about me, your friends, or high school classmates having access to seeing you play in person in college. You'll be spending four (three or less if you become the NBA-ready stud many predict) of the most precious years of your life in a campus environment that you will appreciate forever. I know Hurley, Izzo, Boeheim and Ewing, among many others, want you, and that must be pretty heady stuff. And I know how much you loved your mom, and would like to do what she would have wanted. But understand this son........................................what your mom would have wanted most is for you to choose for yourself. Whether that be Storrs, East Lansing, Syracuse, Washington D.C., or elsewhere, your mom and I will always be in your corner."

Love,

Dad
Great Real World advice and sage wisdom. Some parents just can't let go.

Reaction Score
If Donovan were my son I'd advise him to visit all the schools that have offered him a scholarship.

Donovan,

"Enjoy the ride son, and choose where YOU feel most comfortable. It's not about me, your friends, or high school classmates having access to seeing you play in person in college. You'll be spending four (three or less if you become the NBA-ready stud many predict) of the most precious years of your life in a campus environment that you will appreciate forever. I know Hurley, Izzo, Boeheim and Ewing, among many others, want you, and that must be pretty heady stuff. And I know how much you loved your mom, and would like to do what she would have wanted. But understand this son........................................what your mom would have wanted most is for you to choose for yourself. Whether that be Storrs, East Lansing, Syracuse, Washington D.C., or elsewhere, your mom and I will always be in your corner."

Love,

Dad
Fixed it for you:

Donovan,

"See you Gampel Fall 2022"

Love,

Dad

Reaction Score
I wish UConn but I think Michigan.
It would literally be a big loss (he's 7'2) but from what I've seen on him (watched multiple games) I'm not super impressed.
Perhaps he will blossom in college but I don't see him as a sure thing at all.
Anyways, he should go to UCONN, as it's the best choice for many reasons.

Reaction Score
Where this team will be in '22, if an in-state talent chooses to go elsewhere, we don't want him.

Reaction Score
It would literally be a big loss (he's 7'2) but from what I've seen on him (watched multiple games) I'm not super impressed.
I am also not impressed with what I've seen, but I've watched approximately 0.0 high school basketball in my life. Apparently, college coaches are impressed, as evidenced by the fact that he is holding a lot of offers from top schools. This tells me I can safely ignore the results of my eye-test, because I know my eye sucks compared to half of the people on this board, let alone D1 coaches.

Reaction Score

He has offers from at least 13 P6 programs. I think it's fair to say that their evaluation is worth more than anyone on the yard (except for me of course). Great to see so many fans watching his hs games though.

Reaction Score
We don't care what your inexpert "eye-tests" tell you. We've said a hundred times that his family reads the Boneyard. Stop posting negative comments about a great kid with great talent when you don't what you're talking about. You're not helping the program and you're making yourself look pretty stupid. Many of the best talent experts in college basketball think he's great so get over it and stop posting.

Reaction Score
I heard he has been watching UConn make their bigs hedge up top and is not interested lol.
i hope he chooses UConn it will be a great story and we will get a great player. I also feel like our program is going on a great direction and we are going to move in that direction whether he chooses UConn or not. This is not us desperately grasping for diallo to stop a sinking ship. I’m thankful for that

Reaction Score
DH has clearly made Donovan his top center recruit, to the point of not “offering” others whom were/are available.

That says everything about how much the staff wants this kid to be in the program. My guess is not just for the talent, but that Donovan seems like the type of great kid who fits the “high character” profile of players DH has been signing.

That he’s also a Connecticut kid is just that much more reason to hope he comes here.

Reaction Score
I heard he has been watching UConn make their bigs hedge up top and is not interested lol.
i hope he chooses UConn it will be a great story and we will get a great player. I also feel like our program is going on a great direction and we are going to move in that direction whether he chooses UConn or not. This is not us desperately grasping for diallo to stop a sinking ship. I’m thankful for that

Interesting he doesn't want to hedge up front which is what most NBA teams do. Most Bigs in the NBA are not playing like centers of the past cluggng up the lane.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
He's tall.
He's not that good.
He might get better.
He should go to UConn.

You, horrible post.

Reaction Score
You mean you don't want him. I'll respect his decision if he goes elsewhere but it will be a disappointment for many of us.
Yes, thats what I mean. Didn't mean to speak on your behalf. If you grew up in CT and don't want to play for UConn, thats on you. I'll respect his decision, like I did w Tremont Waters, but I certainly won't be dissappointed.

Reaction Score
We don't care what your inexpert "eye-tests" tell you. We've said a hundred times that his family reads the Boneyard. Stop posting negative comments about a great kid with great talent when you don't what you're talking about. You're not helping the program and you're making yourself look pretty stupid. Many of the best talent experts in college basketball think he's great so get over it and stop posting.
Are you talking to me or @Magruber?

Reaction Score
I was 100% joking
A Southwest moment for me.
Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Reaction Score
6’2” would be generous. They’ll be giving up 11-12 inches and probably 80 pounds on DC.
Watching now. Halftime. Clingan had 2 fouls so he sat most of the 2nd quarter.

Reaction Score
I went to grad school at Michigan and gave my friend a Michigan sweatshirt. He gave it to his daughter to wear when she was about 10 and she said for many years after that she wanted to go to college there. She ended up going there. So I guess merchandising and brand awareness do work sometimes.
This is almost exactly how I became a UConn fan! My dad only ever went on one business trip and it was too Connecticut in 1986 and he brought me home a navy blue UConn sweatshirt. I apparently would never take it off (I was only 2).... Sadly I did not get to attend college there though

Reaction Score
He has offers from at least 13 P6 programs. I think it's fair to say that their evaluation is worth more than anyone on the yard (except for me of course). Great to see so many fans watching his hs games though.
How can someone who has seen him play not be impressed, I mean what about his game is not impressive? 34 ppg and 14 rb pg has to count for something and he’s far from finished with high school. Bristol Central’s league, the CCC is not exactly chopped liver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34