2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The longer this recruitment goes the less likely he is to come here but I still believe that we are the team to beat.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What's wrong with "supposeably?"
1) I spelled it incorrectly.
2) It's often incorrectly used, when "supposedly" would be correct.
3) In this particular thread, "supposed" was incorrectly used, when "supposedly" would have been correct.
4) I quoted Mau's post when I think it should have been Chin's.

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong.

Reaction Score
It's generally a losing proposition when a kid is 7'2 at age 16 too.
I noticed they list Donovan at 7'1 now which seems a bit strange because he looked to measure at 7'2 during the summer, normally they add an inch or two to your height.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I noticed they list Donovan at 7'1 now which seems a bit strange because he looked to measure at 7'2 during the summer, normally they add an inch or two to your height.

Bill Walton effect?

Walton infamously wanted to be listed at 6'11" so as to not be stereotyped as a 7' player and expectations of what 7 footers are supposed to do and how they are supposed to play.

MrP

Reaction Score
Friend of mine lives in Burlington, CT and said their high school, Lewis Mills, is playing Bristol Central tomorrow. Said Lewis Mills isn't very athletic and the tallest player is maybe 6-2.
That’s certainly how it was when I played there (class of ‘00). Then again, that’s how the whole Berkshire League was.

Reaction Score
Fixed it for you:

Donovan,

"Enjoy the ride son, and choose where YOU feel most comfortable. It's not about me, your friends, or high school classmates having access to seeing you play in person in college. You'll be spending four (three or less if you become the NBA-ready stud many predict) of the most precious years of your life in a campus environment that you will appreciate forever. I know Hurley, Izzo, Boeheim and Ewing, among many others, want you, and that must be pretty heady stuff. And I know how much you loved your mom, and would like to do what she would have wanted. But understand this son........................................what your mom would have wanted most is for you to choose for yourself. Whether that be Storrs, East Lansing, Syracuse, Washington D.C., or elsewhere, your mom and I will always be in your corner."

"See you Gampel Fall 2022"

Love,

Dad

I wish UConn but I think Michigan.
You can bet they're drumming Dickinson into his head. You know, we made him what he is today otherwise he'd be at some D2 joint sweeping floors after games.............

Reaction Score
How can someone who has seen him play not be impressed, I mean what about his game is not impressive? 34 ppg and 14 rb pg has to count for something and he’s far from finished with high school. Bristol Central’s league, the CCC is not exactly chopped liver.
Plus he's a JUNIOR. And, he seems to be a thoughtful, intelligent, respectful and hard working kid who values those close to him.
Some people here don't seem to pay attention to the trajectory on which kids develop, especially kids over 7 feet tall. Look at the Purdue center (7'4"?). He can barely run but is making a contribution as a freshman.
DC is so much more able as a junior in high school and is improving each year. Imagine two years from now, after a summer in the S&C program at UConn, nearing the end of his freshman year, being named Big East Freshman of the Year!
Hang on to your hats as it could mean #5 or #6 are on the horizon.

Reaction Score
3) In this particular thread, "supposed" was incorrectly used, when "supposedly" would have been correct.

Maybe you don't, but supposeably there's a petition being circulated to ban you for spelling errors. :rolleyes:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe you don't, but supposeably there's a petition being circulated to ban you for spelling errors. :rolleyes:
Is there one to make missed layups OK too, "because they're so close"?

Whether intended or not, you used supposeably correctly, though you misspelled it, and used the incorrect tense for the verb "to be."

Reaction Score
Seeing that only 4 out of the Top 50 recruits have committed so far, when’s the next “big wave” of signings expected?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I think people confuse it with supposeable. As in the difference between us and most non-primates is that we have supposeable thumbs.

Reaction Score
Is there one to make missed layups OK too, "because they're so close"?

Whether intended or not, you used supposeably correctly, though you misspelled it, and used the incorrect tense for the verb "to be."
I can't help getting tense about your posts............. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32