2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll go old man yelling at clouds here.

I realize it's social media and slang and incomplete sentences are the norm.

That being said, if you are going to jump on the soap box.....

"It's no room for this mentality any more. This is a new day in age."

That is cringe worthy abuse of the written English language. And it's doubly cringe worthy for a person who supposedly attended college.

Now, I have to go. There are some kids walking on my lawn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That is cringe worthy abuse of the written English language. And it's doubly cringe worthy for a person who supposedly attended college.

I'll add this isn't unique to athletes. I see it plenty from supposed educated professionals in emails, presentations and proposals.

Reaction Score

At least you walked yourself out haha.

different mediums demand different standards. I type differently on here compared to LinkedIn. Just because it’s public doesn’t mean you have to be proper. People type how they talk these days, and Twitter restricts you to only 280 characters so short cuts sometimes need to be made.

However, it does give you the inside scoop DeJuan Coleman is probably never going to be a copywriter for a Fortune 500 company lol.

Reaction Score
Yeah, no beating around the bush on that question.

“Are you a UConn fan?”
“Nah, I’m a Michigan fan.”
whelp...cant blame him for wanting to play for his favorite team, currently dominating the big10 and coached by one of the Fab 5

altho the fab 5 was way before his time so idk why he would care about UM.... makes even less sense than if i had rooted for georgetown as a kid because i liked ewing, even though he won a chip there before i was born... whatever!

Reaction Score
I agree, Fab 5 was before his time. Wonder what drew him to MU. He likes staying close to home...UConn is closer to home than MU ?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Maybe he was too young to follow UConn the last time they were very good - 7 years ago for 2014 championship run. So the lack of recent winning may be why he wasn't a fan.

In any case, he doesn't have to be a fan to play for his home state school. Maybe he'll respect the earlier offer and stay home to help lead UConn back.

Reaction Score
Who are the other bigs we're interested in with his class? The staff is smart enough not to put all their eggs in one basket.

Reaction Score
Who are the other bigs we're interested in with his class? The staff is smart enough not to put all their eggs in one basket.
He's the only big we've offered or really shown interest in. There was some interest in Dereck Lively but I haven't seen anything on him recently

Reaction Score
Friend of mine lives in Burlington, CT and said their high school, Lewis Mills, is playing Bristol Central tomorrow. Said Lewis Mills isn't very athletic and the tallest player is maybe 6-2.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Maybe he was too young to follow UConn the last time they were very good - 7 years ago for 2014 championship run. So the lack of recent winning may be why he wasn't a fan.
Gawd. I know I'm pretty old, but that puts into perspective just how young these kids are. Damn good point.

Reaction Score
sounds about right for a Cuse communications degree recipient

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
sounds about right for a Cuse communications degree recipient
if that's true (that dude's getting a comm degree)...LOFL

Reaction Score
I agree, Fab 5 was before his time. Wonder what drew him to MU. He likes staying close to home...UConn is closer to home than MU ?
My daughter is 14 and says she wants to go to Michigan or Michigan State. She doesn’t give a reason for it. She’s never been to the Midwest.. I guess it’s the branding, the colors, the merch for her. Kids are funny.

Reaction Score
My daughter is 14 and says she wants to go to Michigan or Michigan State. She doesn’t give a reason for it. She’s never been to the Midwest.. I guess it’s the branding, the colors, the merch for her. Kids are funny.
I went to grad school at Michigan and gave my friend a Michigan sweatshirt. He gave it to his daughter to wear when she was about 10 and she said for many years after that she wanted to go to college there. She ended up going there. So I guess merchandising and brand awareness do work sometimes.

Reaction Score
If Donovan were my son I'd advise him to visit all the schools that have offered him a scholarship.

Donovan,

"Enjoy the ride son, and choose where YOU feel most comfortable. It's not about me, your friends, or high school classmates having access to seeing you play in person in college. You'll be spending four (three or less if you become the NBA-ready stud many predict) of the most precious years of your life in a campus environment that you will appreciate forever. I know Hurley, Izzo, Boeheim and Ewing, among many others, want you, and that must be pretty heady stuff. And I know how much you loved your mom, and would like to do what she would have wanted. But understand this son........................................what your mom would have wanted most is for you to choose for yourself. Whether that be Storrs, East Lansing, Syracuse, Washington D.C., or elsewhere, your mom and I will always be in your corner."

Love,

Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member