OT: - Cheeseburger and Fries Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Cheeseburger and Fries Thread

Reaction Score
The Sycamore in bethel is good and they have good milk shakes. Honestly I like five guys. It knows what it is.

gotta get that root beer at sycamore

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ill mark this thread and come back to it because I got a meat grinding attachment for my Kitchen-Aid and have only played around with it a couple times. I did a Chuck and Brisket mix and grind last week, and it was good but it wasnt as good as I thought it should be or expected it to be. I need to experiment with the fat ratios in the grind and the Chuck to Brisket ratios. Plus the grind itself wasnt at the consitency I wanted.

Way harder than I thought it would be. Lots of work. But a cheeseburger begins and ends with the beef. Would like to fine tune it to a standard and then forget about it and just have a good grind recipe. Going to take a while, dont have the calories or time to spare.

Prime 16 -New Haven
Haywire - Westbrook
Jack Rabbits - old saybrook

Reaction Score
You’re a Meriden guy I think right? Ted’s switched buns a while ago and it hasn’t been the same. When were you last there?

Still beats K Lameys tho I hate that place.

Yeah I am but haven’t had one in over a year......the buns are key so I hear you. Will need to check it out. THE Ted was our sponsor for city hoops summer league when we were young so always loved the place. Especially 2am after finishing the day at The Brookside lol......Lamay is a Meriden kid too some like his burgers I for one haven’t had the opportunity to try one.

Reaction Score
No idea what the hell "foot potato" means, but here's a GIS for it:
foot+potato.jpg

Thinking I meant fresh and this f’er changed my word lol.....Fresh is obviously better lol

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It's out of business now. But I just read somewhere that he's now the head chef at Geno's place in Storrs.

Wait what?!? Catsup and Mustard went out of business??? That place used to absolutely jam

Reaction Score
Wait what?!? Catsup and Mustard went out of business??? That place used to absolutely jam
Pastrami on Wry did too. Although that one reopened under new management.

Reaction Score
There was a clamoring, so here it is.

Hot Take Time ——— I don’t really care for French fries. I generally find them to be substandard filler and a waste of my eating capacity. I’d rather have a second burger/sandwich or some other side.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In-N-Out isn't the best burger ever...but it is by far the best fast food burger.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pastrami on Wry did too. Although that one reopened under new management.

Speaking of pastrami, when I was in Torrance in Nov, I had this at a place called "Stacked":

PASTRAMI BURGER Tender, flavorful pastrami tops this angus burger along with Swiss cheese, coleslaw, pickles, and spicy brown mustard on a pretzel bun.

The combination of pastrami and burger and other elements was excellent.

I had no idea pastrami was a thing in LA, but after talking with the barkeep and others, there's quite a subculture for deli out there.

August_West

Reaction Score
Speaking of pastrami, when I was in Torrance in Nov, I had this at a place called "Stacked":

The combination of pastrami and burger and other elements was excellent.

I had no idea pastrami was a thing in LA, but after talking with the barkeep and others, there's quite a subculture for deli out there.

Yes there is.

LA loaded with Jewish people. Good Deli is necessary. Canters is an institution. Would be at home in NYC.

August_West

Reaction Score
I agree OP.

Fries are WAY overrated. Even the best ones.

I guess the only ones that Im really into eating is a good order of Cheese Fries, really from anywhere. Hard to screw up cheese fries.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yes there is.

LA loaded with Jewish people. Good Deli is necessary. Canters is an institution. Would be at home in NYC.

In that context, with all the Jewish folk in Hollywood, makes sense. And now I have a disturbing image in my head of Sol Siler from "That Thing You Do" talking with his mouth full of deli.

August_West

Reaction Score
I have a properly done steak fry a notch above the waffle. Not by much though...

I don't mind either one. But the caveat there is if they are not piping hot fresh all bets are off. They go from being two of the better fry offerings to the two worst in a 5 minute span.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I agree OP.

Fries are WAY overrated. Even the best ones.

I guess the only ones that Im really into eating is a good order of Cheese Fries, really from anywhere. Hard to screw up cheese fries.

Fries >>>> tots.

And cheese fries are usually a soggy mess. The best fries are generally the least unadorned, IMO. Fresh oil is key. Possible exception: garlic fries in SF.

Reaction Score
Best Burger here in Oklahoma is the Mother Tucker burger at Tuckers.... it is amazing

If you ever in Oklahoma City.... a must try :)

Reaction Score
There was a clamoring, so here it is.

Hot Take Time ——— I don’t really care for French fries. I generally find them to be substandard filler and a waste of my eating capacity. I’d rather have a second burger/sandwich or some other side.

The first 10 fries are great.

August_West

Reaction Score
Fries >>>> tots.

And cheese fries are usually a soggy mess. The best fries are generally the least unadorned, IMO. Fresh oil is key. Possible exception: garlic fries in SF.

Yeah, a potato just doesnt do that much for me. Fries seem to exist as a ketchup vessel for 90% of Americans, and you know my thoughts on that. I eat cheese fries with a wooden fork.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah, a potato just doesnt do that much for me. Fries seem to exist as a ketchup vessel for 90% of Americans, and you know my thoughts on that. I eat cheese fries with a wooden fork.

Anti-potato? Turning your back on your Northern Euro heritage are ya?

I hear you on ketchup. If ketchup-loving people would eat at a good Belgian joint and order a serving of moules and frites (which are served with a fresh mayo/aioli condiment), they'd have their minds blown and forget about ketchup. I've found TJ's mayo to work quite well with fries, either regular Idaho or sweet potato.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
Anti-potato? Turning your back on your Northern Euro heritage are ya?

Its a white starchy devil. As a fellow dieter, I know you are well aware of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom