OT: - Cheeseburger and Fries Thread | The Boneyard

OT: Cheeseburger and Fries Thread

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
@Mano came up with this fantastic idea. Let's discuss burgers, cheeseburgers! How you make them yourself, secret recipes, or the best burgers you've had eating out.

Rooster Co. in Newington has a great burger. As does Jerzey Joe's in Southington if you're up for dive bars.

When I make my own cheeseburgers: two patties, toasted buns, buffalo chicken dip, and cheddar cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My wife insists on turkey burgers. Sure the meat is healthier but I need to use 2 eggs and a buttload of breadcrumbs so they don’t turn to absolute mush on the grill.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are so many crappy restaurant hamburgers.

I had Willimantic Brewing the other day - kinda sucked.

There are ten places I’d get pizza or wings from right now but a decent burger is harder than you’d expect.

Reaction Score
@Mano came up with this fantastic idea. Let's discuss burgers, cheeseburgers! How you make them yourself, secret recipes, or the best burgers you've had eating out.

Rooster Co. in Newington has a great burger. As does Jerzey Joe's in Southington if you're up for dive bars.

When I make my own cheeseburgers: two patties, toasted buns, buffalo chicken dip, and cheddar cheese.

Great idea for a thread CTB! Big fan of your, someone else’s previous work! This seemed like it’d be in your ballpark.

Practically next door to Rooster Co. is Goldburger and their burgers are pretty darn good.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
1/4 lb. ground beef of my own mixture, season generously with salt and pepper. Spread some yellow mustard on the bottom side of the party before it hits the grill or cast iron pan. Once I see the juices bubbling on top of the patty flip it and top with some cheese. Finishing toppings will change depending on mood or type pf cheese.

Reaction Score
There are so many crappy restaurant hamburgers.

I had Willimantic Brewing the other day - kinda sucked.

There are ten places I’d get pizza or wings from right now but a decent burger is harder than you’d expect.
So true. Not that the separate parts on their own are all that hard to nail, but a lot of places don’t bother trying to make it all come together cohesively. Almost like they think, “Eh, it’s just a burger.”

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So true. Not that the separate parts on their own are all that hard to nail, but a lot of places don’t bother trying to make it all come together cohesively. Almost like the think, “Eh, it’s just a burger.”

The gd bread. Get some sourdough toast will ya?

Reaction Score
I am not a huge burger guy. But on the occasion I crave one I enjoy them a lot. In the 35 OR so countries I have been to this one in the Colombian small town/sort of countryside was maybe the best. The quality of the meat was outstanding and local and that hand belongs to a 187cm or 6 foot 1 guy (me) and hand is larger than a typical 6 foot 1 guy Ive been told to give you an idea of the burger size. Poor angle does not do the burger justice. That is the double you can get for 8 bucks (the triple is a little more and rarely do I say this but too big for me, I struggle to finish the double). I eat a ton but I skip breakfest, no fries and just eat this and do not need dinner later whenever I visit here. Really solid burger considering price and quality, 8 bucks for that, hard to beat.

Edit, there is cheese in there too btw

Also, SORRY! Restuarant is called El Galápago Campestre in Chia. Just though I would add some international flair, ha!

Attachments

• 13235120_10103022025453619_7916418313376054568_o.jpg
    13235120_10103022025453619_7916418313376054568_o.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reaction Score
If one happens to live in North Jersey, when it comes to burgers, there's What Manna in Hackensack and there there is everyone else. I would go more often; but, my almost teenage some can eat 10 of their slider-size burgers at a time and would put me in the poor house if I went there more often.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Harry's in Colchester is pretty good.

I remember loving Glenwood Drive In in Hamden as a kid but do not know if the place has changed. I have not been there in years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Rooster co really making a great burger? I love going there but usually get some sort of chicken. I’ll try the burger next. I personally like plan b and feel max burger is overrated. Wood n tap bison burger is great. Some tell me I’m crazy but world of beer burgers are solid.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
1/4 lb. ground beef of my own mixture, season generously with salt and pepper. Spread some yellow mustard on the bottom side of the party before it hits the grill or cast iron pan.

That sounds suspiciously like an In n' Out burger.

I have the opposite problem than you guys in CT. I can't name 8 places where I'd truly enjoy the pizza, but I can swing a cat and hit 8 places with solid burger game.

I don't go out of my way to grind my own meat. I'll use an 85/15 blend. Loose pack is my preference, medium rare. If I'm using fresh herbs to season, it'll usually be cilantro with kosher salt and fresh pepper. But more often than not I simply use some Montreal Steak Seasoning and Worcestershire.

To @Mano's point on "cohesion", one of my favorite burgers in town is a fresh ground including from short ribs with a wonderful aioli, but is put between a challah bun that disintegrates before you're half way through. Messy as hell, but delicious nonetheless.

Reaction Score
The Sycamore in bethel is good and they have good milk shakes. Honestly I like five guys. It knows what it is.

I had a really awful experience at 5 Guys and it took me 3 years to build up the courage to return. Their burgers are delicious though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom