OT: - Cheeseburger and Fries Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Cheeseburger and Fries Thread

Reaction Score
Is there a more overrated place on earth than Shake Shack?
Gotta disagree to an extent. We only recently got the one near Westfarms, so maybe they’re still trying to pump out decent stuff but I certainly was satisfied by it. No better or worse than Smashburger. However, their fried chicken sandwich was freaking spectacular. Puts anything Chik-fil-a has to shame. Terrible, terrible shame.

Shakes were meh.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Walburgers is pretty good, especially the burger with lobster meat.

Where cheeseburgers are headed in the future

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Main Pub in Manchester makes really really good burgers, even if Hungry Tiger claims the best burgers in town ;). I’m actually really happy no one has said Shady Glen. Obviously the fried cheese is good but the burger itself is not special and I need about 5 to be full.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Shake Shack is overrated but Chick-Fil-A is god awful.

it's chicken and not beef. How this ended up in the discussion is beyond me

You're wrong the chicken is divine

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Black Duck in Westport makes a real good flame broiled burger on a consistent basis. The cheese stuffed burgers good as well

They are still open? I used to work a few hundreds yards up the road 20 years ago. Hadn’t thought of that place in forever.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it's chicken and not beef. How this ended up in the discussion is beyond me

You're wrong the chicken is divine

It’s so terrible that I can’t believe I ever thought the place was a good idea.

McNuggets are better than the garbage they call nuggets.

Burger King has better chicken sandwiches across the board than CFA.

Reaction Score
Thank You. All hype, no substance.
There was one in the hotel I was at over the holidays and there was a long line out the door from pretty much when it opened until it closed. You would literally hear people down the street freaking out when they discovered there was a Shake Shack. It's one of those bizarre things that makes me feel like I don't belong on this planet.

The burger taste is pretty decent/good but everything is a la carte and I don't think those patties are a legit 4 ounces. For the burger, garbage fries (come from a bag) and your drink you're dropping $15 for fast food. It's all marketing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do like their spicy chicken sandwich. Nothing else though

I thought that too. Then I went twice in a month and halfway through the second time I was kicking myself for wasting the meal.

Reaction Score
I do like their spicy chicken sandwich. Nothing else though
Thought it tasted decent/pretty good but then my mouth had that awful way over the top salt taste until several minutes after the meal, probably from the awful undercooked waffle fries.

They aren't terrible or anything overall but people practically camp out for Chick fil a and especially Shake Shack. You would think none of these people have ever eaten before the way they blow their load any time they see one.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The “chick Fil-a sauce” is good but I’m pretty sure it’s just honey mustard, mayo and siracha

Reaction Score
I thought that too. Then I went twice in a month and halfway through the second time I was kicking myself for wasting the meal.
Yeah I only go very rarely now. Maybe 6 or 8 times per year. I swear they also mess up my order twice a year. It never happens anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Thought it tasted decent/pretty good but then my mouth had that awful way over the top salt taste until several minutes after the meal, probably from the awful undercooked waffle fries.

They aren't terrible or anything overall but people practically camp out for Chick fil a and especially Shake Shack. You would think none of these people have ever eaten before the way they blow their load any time they see one.

People literally camped out in the chick fil a parking lot in West Hartford for the grand opening.

West Hartford Chick-fil-A Opens - Hartford Courant

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah I only go very rarely now. Maybe 6 or 8 times per year. I swear they also mess up my order twice a year. It never happens anywhere else.

I came to conclusion that if I want to eat garbage and shorten my life go across the street to Hot Plate and at least eat something that tastes good.

Reaction Score
My son is a manager at Smashburger. So I got to eat them free till I got sick of them. I prefer a mixture of bison, 96 lean and 80 lean cooked on the grill. Make 2 patties. Put some swiss cheese in the middle of the 2 patties. Grill medium rare and the cheese malts in the middle. When they are done, brush with BBQ sauce and hold it off the heat on a covered grill for a couple minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom