Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker?

Reaction Score
Truth is, if Charlotte offers the 5th year, Kemba is a Hornet. But this is a lose, lose situation for the Hornets. This Charlotte roster is one of the worst constructed rosters on paper. That said, if they allow Kemba to walk after not trading him for assets, it would be an even bigger mistake. My prediction: Kemba stays.

Reaction Score
If the Celts are going to prioritize a guard with their salary cap and sign Kemba Walker they have to be VERY confident Robert Williams will be a major contributor this upcoming season, with little risk of injury.

Same with Grant Williams.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Exactly this ^^. I love Kemba, I'd love to see Kemba in Boston. But the Celts need a big more than they need Kemba.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If the Celts are going to prioritize a guard with their salary cap and sign Kemba Walker they have to be VERY confident Robert Williams will be a major contributor this upcoming season, with little risk of injury.

Same with Grant Williams.

I have a lot of faith in Big Swat Bob. He was a lottery pick level talent. Plus brads coaching is second to none.

I want to like grant. He’s a great story on development of talent. But I just can’t. Short. Not particularly long. Not as great analytics as you’d like for a guy his age and size. Tweener.

the Q

Reaction Score
Celtics 100% need to dump the useless dancing bear so they can resign the Berlin Wall, and sign kemba

Reaction Score
I have a lot of faith in Big Swat Bob. He was a lottery pick level talent. Plus brads coaching is second to none.

I want to like grant. He’s a great story on development of talent. But I just can’t. Short. Not particularly long. Not as great analytics as you’d like for a guy his age and size. Tweener.

His Bball IQ and locker room presence alone will be huge for the team.

His college career and awards he's won can't go unnoticed, dude's definitely a winner and I think he does have a fairly high ceiling for improvement.

Best case scenario Draymond Green with a better jump shot. Worst case scenario a poor man's PJ Tucker.

the Q

Reaction Score
His Bball IQ and locker room presence alone will be huge for the team.

His college career and awards he's won can't go unnoticed, dude's definitely a winner and I think he does have a fairly high ceiling for improvement.

Best case scenario Draymond Green with a better jump shot. Worst case scenario a poor man's PJ Tucker.

I don’t think he had the floor of a guaranteed NBA player. He could easily be Marcus fizer.

Reaction Score
Celtics 100% need to dump the useless dancing bear so they can resign the Berlin Wall, and sign kemba
You watch your mouth when talking about Yabu like that. I'm assuming Berlin Wall is Theis, and I really like him. Underrated and undervalued.

the Q

Reaction Score
You watch your mouth when talking about Yabu like that. I'm assuming Berlin Wall is Theis, and I really like him. Underrated and undervalued.

I loathe Yabu.

Never wanted him. He was always a reach, and that has proven true (full disclsoure I wanted Dejonte Murray or Wade Baldwin there).

Yes that is Theis. And it's a top 5 nickname. It's not Stifle Tower or Durantula, but it's on the next tier with Greek Freak.

Reaction Score
Kemba to the celtics is a good thing, regardless of position needs. Talent is talent is talent.

This won't be a championship year. You do anything and everything acquire talent NOW.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he had the floor of a guaranteed NBA player. He could easily be Marcus fizer.

I don't think there was a guy in the draft with a better head on his shoulders than Grant Williams. Go watch interviews with him, the guy has an infectious personality.

He wasn't highly rated as a college recruit, but by the end of his career at Tennessee the guy was a stud.

2-time SEC player of the year and one of five finalists for the Wooden Award. Dude knows how to ball.

Reaction Score
Truth is, if Charlotte offers the 5th year, Kemba is a Hornet. But this is a lose, lose situation for the Hornets. This Charlotte roster is one of the worst constructed rosters on paper. That said, if they allow Kemba to walk after not trading him for assets, it would be an even bigger mistake. My prediction: Kemba stays.
I was afraid of Kemba staying in Charlotte until that interview with Calhoun came out where he said "he wants to win, he wants to compete for a championship". I'm trusting that Calhoun has spoken to the man and that quote means he is only staying in Charlotte if there are clear signs of a turnaround, which there will not be.

Honestly I don't know that signing with the Celtics seems like a championship shot just because of the lack of bigs on the roster, but maybe trader Danny can work some magic

Reaction Score
I was afraid of Kemba staying in Charlotte until that interview with Calhoun came out where he said "he wants to win, he wants to compete for a championship". I'm trusting that Calhoun has spoken to the man and that quote means he is only staying in Charlotte if there are clear signs of a turnaround, which there will not be.

Honestly I don't know that signing with the Celtics seems like a championship shot just because of the lack of bigs on the roster, but maybe trader Danny can work some magic
I believe it can be a championship roster if just one of their draft picks pans out this year, and IF hayward returns to his old self. They can get a serviceable big who sets screens and grabs boards for 4.5 million. Besides, you don't win championships with your best player being big men anymore, not in college or NBA. Guard and wing oriented league.

Reaction Score
I love Smart, but you have to wonder if he is going to get traded to get a more established frontcourt player. Not many good salary shedding trade options for Boston right now.

Reaction Score

Maybe they can be the East Coast Warriors.

the Q

Reaction Score
Ainge completely dropped the ball in the 2016 draft. Could have had Siakam, Murray, Brogdon....
Hoping Williams works out, but based on what I’ve seen so far, Mitchell Robinson appears to be the better prospect.

to be fair, no one had Siakam mocked in the first.

Brogdan went about where expected (I was a fan of his for sure).

Murray was expected to go to the Bucks at 10 and then just dropped like a rock.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
ESPN: Sources — Celtics front-runners to sign Kemba

“Walker and his agent, Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports, are expected to connect with Boston GM Danny Ainge sometime soon after free agency opens Sunday at 6 p.m., league sources said.”

“Walker, a three-time All-Star, is expected to be offered a four-year, $141 million contract from the Celtics -- a deal that he's increasingly likely to accept, league sources said.”

Set your alarms!

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
A lot of this could be posturing to get the supermax out of Charlotte, yes?

Reaction Score
A lot of this could be posturing to get the supermax out of Charlotte, yes?

It definitely could be. But I think Charlotte is unwilling to do so, so it becomes a moot point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom