Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That’s an NBA lifetime taking up cap space. He was an above average player on a bad team in Utah. He’s not worth anywhere near what he’s getting - healthy or not.
You’re way off the mark here. Dude is a big wing, super athletic, and an excellent shooter. He was an all star on a playoff team.

You will see a different player next year. No one was questioning the contract pre-injury.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate the Celtics and don’t want Kemba there, but the hexadecimal color made me laugh.

more reason to hope he's with the C's

our best,
the UConn football site

Reaction Score
more reason to hope he's with the C's

our best,
the UConn football site
If the "football site" is sending you to be their spokesman, then they have much more pressing issues to worry about than my NBA allegiances.

Reaction Score
I SO hope this Kemba to the C's happens... love watching the guy play. Him replacing Ky-me would be a major +++. What worries me most is that somehow KI still ends up on the team next year. Is there any chance of that? I don't mean realistically, all signs point to no, but is there some heff'd up way he could end up with them still? Am I just paranoid? He cannot be on the team next year...that has to be #1 priority...not even, 'who IS on the team next year'....but, 'not him.'

Reaction Score
I vote HELLS YES. I like Scary Terry but I think Kemba with Smart, Langford, Edwards and Tremont as backup guards would be awesome! Kemba is the leader the Celtics need. Trade for a decent C and this team will be rock solid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There has to be a serviceable center out there. Is Emeka still around? Tacko didn't get drafted. Somebody, somewhere, has to he able to fill that hole inexpensively.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
There has to be a serviceable center out there. Is Emeka still around? Tacko didn't get drafted. Somebody, somewhere, has to he able to fill that hole inexpensively.
Tacko actually signed with the Celtic's for camp. I have no problem with giving him a shot, but he's not physical or skilled enough to be your answer in the low post in the NBA (offensively or defensively). At least not yet.

Reaction Score
I vote HELLS YES. I like Scary Terry but I think Kemba with Smart, Langford, Edwards and Tremont as backup guards would be awesome! Kemba is the leader the Celtics need. Trade for a decent C and this team will be rock solid.
Not enough tiny guards.

Reaction Score
Not enough tiny guards.
To be fair, I think Edwards and Waters were both taken in hopes that at least one of them would pan out as a backup PG. 2nd rounders obviously don’t pan out often so it makes sense to take multiple cracks at it. So it would be 2 small guards in Kemba and Edwards/Waters.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Dedmon and Nerlens Noel.

Reaction Score
Dedmon and Nerlens Noel.

Dedmon is getting paid by somebody this offseason. 10+ million. Celtics won't able to afford him if they sign Kemba.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I think Edwards and Waters were both taken in hopes that at least one of them would pan out as a backup PG. 2nd rounders obviously don’t pan out often so it makes sense to take multiple cracks at it. So it would be 2 small guards in Kemba and Edwards/Waters.

Edwards is going to be fantastic in the NBA. Surprised no one took him in the 1st round.

the Q

Reaction Score
Dedmon is getting paid by somebody this offseason. 10+ million. Celtics won't able to afford him if they sign Kemba.

The full mle should be competitive. But someone may top that. I’m ok getting Noel. Him and Bob are both good fits with the spacing by the rest of the team

Reaction Score
The full mle should be competitive. But someone may top that. I’m ok getting Noel. Him and Bob are both good fits with the spacing by the rest of the team

I don't think the Celtics will have the full mid-level because they're going under the cap to sign FAs. They'll have the Room which is only like 4.75 mil.

the Q

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hayward is such a waste of money, and he is untradable.
Exactly, in all this Kemba scenario talk that's going on, I keep wondering how could it be that they cant fit Kemba and a decent big under contract if they're losing horford and kyrie... then I saw that Hayward is basically a max contract, good god that makes it tough to field a competitive team until the contract is up

Reaction Score
This is exactly why I was dreaming of Kemba on the celtics, other than my UConn fandom and living in Boston of course. The Celtics have routinely been a "better than the sum of its parts" team lately, and Kemba to me personifies the unselfish star PG who makes everyone he plays with better. I'd love for him to be able to showcase that on a team with a bunch of young talent, but looking at the numbers I'm not so sure how likely it is he lands in Boston, unless he lands in Boston without any talent in the frontcourt, which of course I don't want for him.

the Q

Reaction Score
Exactly, in all this Kemba scenario talk that's going on, I keep wondering how could it be that they cant fit Kemba and a decent big under contract if they're losing horford and kyrie... then I saw that Hayward is basically a max contract, good god that makes it tough to field a competitive team until the contract is up

If you land kemba and say Noel, that team is rather competitive....if GH gets back to his old self.

I recognize there’s a non zero chance he never does. But no one would be saying anything about that contract without his catastrophic injury. Not much you can do when that happens.

For all the bashing on Hayward he had essentially the same win shares with a much better bpm and vorp than Tatum or Brown.

Reaction Score
NBA announces 2019-20 and 2020-21 salary cap and luxury tax levels

I'm not 100% certain, but I thought the apron was the $132m. Otherwise what's the point of having an mle? You'd just use cap space.

If you use cap room to sign players, you can't use the Midlevel to exceed the cap, only the Room. Midlevel is for teams over the cap throughout the offseason. Then there's two types of Midlevel: non-taxpayer and taxpayer. Those care about the apron.

the Q

Reaction Score
If you use cap room to sign players, you can't use the Midlevel to exceed the cap, only the Room. Midlevel is for teams over the cap throughout the offseason. Then there's two types of Midlevel: non-taxpayer and taxpayer. Those care about the apron.

Nevermind. This explained it: Hoops Rumors Glossary: Mid-Level Exception

sharing so others can see how this ridiculous and completely unnecessary system works.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom