Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, I was a stupid idiot for suggesting the Celtics might be interested in Kemba

I think Ainge targeted him immediately once Al said he was gone. They have room to give him a max and still spend a reasonable amount on a big. Boston Celtics 2019-20 Salary Cap. But they may also swing a trade.

Williams is likely to play a lot. He may surprise people.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not sure where the Clint Capela rumors are at but he’s just under 15mil on the cap - so a bargain compared to Adams.

It seems like the C’s are striking out on all the remaining impact bigs and have shifted their focus to the backcourt - would absolutely love the move to try and grab Kemba - but no Baynes or Horford, they’d have to really hope R. Williams can make a leap or that Grant Williams can be an impact player right away.

Reaction Score
They have room to give him a max and still spend a reasonable amount on a big. Boston Celtics 2019-20 Salary Cap. But they may also swing a trade.

Not sure what you're interpreting as space. For starters, Kemba's max is 35 million and that site says practical cap space $32 million. So I don't know where you're getting space for a big.

Looks like they'd only have the room exception ($4 million, pittance unless you can find a Brook Lopez steal).

Reaction Score
Celtics are not, and cannot get both Kemba and Steven Adams. First, why would you want Steven Adams on that terrible contract. Second, Danny Ainge is not giving up Smart in a trade for Steven Adams contract I promise you that.

I would love for Kemba to be on the Celtics though, I still think it's a great fit both ways!

Reaction Score
Hayward is such a waste of money, and he is untradable.
He's coming off a catastrophic injury. Paul George was 1/5th the player he is now the first year after his similar injury. Hayward could very well return close to form, and then his contract expires the following year and it will become pretty tradeable if need be.

C

Chief00

He's coming off a catastrophic injury. Paul George was 1/5th the player he is now the first year after his similar injury. Hayward could very well return close to form, and then his contract expires the following year and it will become pretty tradeable if need be.
That’s an NBA lifetime taking up cap space. He was an above average player on a bad team in Utah. He’s not worth anywhere near what he’s getting - healthy or not.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It’ll be tough salary wise to make that work

Smart, bear and semi should basically get you a decent part of the way there cap wise.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They will have no money left and still don't have a center. It IS a snowballs chance in hell.

They have Robert Williams who played excellent in short stints.

They also have the MLE to add depth.

I’m not sure if they have the biannual.

Reaction Score

I don't think Robert Williams is going to cut it. He played good minutes, but he was allowed to foul at will, basically. His game defensively might look a lot different when he isn't allowed to swing at everything.

He's got great size and athleticism though. If he picks up the IQ part of the game a little better, he could be an important piece going forward.

Reaction Score

They'll have the Room mid level if they sign Kemba with cap space.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That’s an NBA lifetime taking up cap space. He was an above average player on a bad team in Utah. He’s not worth anywhere near what he’s getting - healthy or not.

Miami and Utah — in addition to Boston — both felt differently. He was above average — far above average.

He’s going to be a lot better this year. He showed flashes last year. He’ll be more consistent this season.

Reaction Score
We've found Chief's worst take. He averaged 22/5.5/3.5 on 47%/40%/84% as a 26 year old all-star on a team that went 46-27 in games he played. 13 games of 30+ points. PER of 22.2, league average is 15. He was as close to as a star as they were going to get and a bonafide max player.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nobody going to mention that this "bad team" was a playoff team in the brutal west who won a series?

Well you’re the third guy in a row who’s pointed out they weren’t a bad team, so, yeah, we’re letting him know!

Chief must have been partying too hard with Bunkey and Dre that season...

Reaction Score
Kyrie's going to Brooklyn. Kemba is reportedly down to Dallas and Boston in that order.

Reaction Score
I'm not even much of a Hayward fan but awful take from Chief. He also tore it up that playoffs.

Same. He was good all around but seeing the Jazz go to iso Joe in all clutch situations made me think less of Hayward. Like you, I am forced to play devil's advocate by how bad the take was. He was obviously a very good player. I just thought overrated.

Reaction Score
Not to mention as a FA signing they didn't have to give up any player or draft assets to get him. Only cap space. And they had to use the cap space that summer, because otherwise they would have consumed it in the Kyrie trade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom