Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I love Smart, but you have to wonder if he is going to get traded to get a more established frontcourt player. Not many good salary shedding trade options for Boston right now.
REally really doubt that. Smart's irreplaceable re: culture and defense.

My guess is they throw a mid-level at Robin Lopez. He defends well against Embiid and is a box-out freak who would let the other four guys grab more defensive boards, which would in turn start more transition opportunities (think what Adams does for Westbrook).

I really like this move for the Celtics, and I love it for Kemba.

Reaction Score

Yes please.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hayward is such a waste of money, and he is untradable.

No he isn't. Indiana would take him and would be only for a year. They need a homegrown player and he would be it. Not that I would expect the Celtics to get much back, but it would help with salary cap issues.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Kemba would look great in Celtics green. Perfect fit imo. Very excited as a Celtics fan. If it happens, it also kind of brings some credibility back to the Celtics that was lost with Kyrie and Horford walking out the door.

Normally this team would be a star or 2 away from a championship contender, but the league is going to be so wide open next year that a team with Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Healthy Hayward/Smart would be right in the mix. Hope they can work out a way to bring back Morris and do the MLE for a decent big.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No he isn't. Indiana would take him and would be only for a year. They need a homegrown player and he would be it. Not that I would expect the Celtics to get much back, but it would help with salary cap issues.

Pacers were like the only team I thought might take him.

Local boy.

THey wont get a max caliber player via fa.

Low cost to acquire.

It’s a reasonable gamble.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You’re right on Siakam. Just thinking in hindsight what could’ve been

That was a brutal draft to analyze.

Pick 3 was like having 4 this year. And quite a few foreign guys, more than usual were in the first round field.

I went back and forth many times on who I wanted Danny to take at 3. But mostly it was a trade down. But no one offered a crazy premium like Atlanta did this year.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree there. My worst nightmares are coming true
Why do you care? Knicks and Celtics aren't rivals, you have to win some to be a rival. I would like Kemba in Dallas the most playing with Luka and Porzingis but this would also be really great for Kemba and keep him local. Will be nice having Kemba visiting campus often and going to Big East games.

Reaction Score
Why do you care? Knicks and Celtics aren't rivals, you have to win some to be a rival. I would like Kemba in Dallas the most playing with Luka and Porzingis but this would also be really great for Kemba and keep him local. Will be nice having Kemba visiting campus often and going to Big East games.
It's my favorite player playing for my least favorite team, why wouldn't I care? I get that you don't hate the Celtics, but that's not every Knicks fan.

I guess it's good he'll be local, but I'd rather him be local playing for the Knicks

C

Chief00

Well you’re the third guy in a row who’s pointed out they weren’t a bad team, so, yeah, we’re letting him know!

Chief must have been partying too hard with Bunkey and Dre that season...
He was going to take their shots - not so in Boston. So far Boston has been a disaster - give him another year to recover - but Chief is telling you - it’s not working at $30 million a season.

Reaction Score
Kemba would look great in Celtics green. Perfect fit imo. Very excited as a Celtics fan. If it happens, it also kind of brings some credibility back to the Celtics that was lost with Kyrie and Horford walking out the door.

Normally this team would be a star or 2 away from a championship contender, but the league is going to be so wide open next year that a team with Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Healthy Hayward/Smart would be right in the mix. Hope they can work out a way to bring back Morris and do the MLE for a decent big.
If they sign Kemba they have to renounce all of their FA's. The only one they can, and I think they should keep, is Theis. Morris gone, probably getting a 15 million offer somewhere. They will probably get Robin Lopez or someone for the 4.5 million. Shame that they had to trade Baynes. He would be perfect.

Reaction Score
Replacing a passive aggressive weirdo wannabe hippie like Kyrie with a natural leader of men like Kemba who is also much more durable is a huge upgrade...despite Kyrie being more talented.

C

Chief00

Exactly, in all this Kemba scenario talk that's going on, I keep wondering how could it be that they cant fit Kemba and a decent big under contract if they're losing horford and kyrie... then I saw that Hayward is basically a max contract, good god that makes it tough to field a competitive team until the contract is up
#ChiefCertified

Reaction Score
The one damn team I don’t want Kemba to go to that I hate with a passion is the front runners to get him. Sigh, don’t know how this will work out

Reaction Score
Wouldn't like this but it would help to help with Kemba being so close to UConn it has to be a great thing if it happens. Only reason I watch NBA occasionally is to watch Kemba.

Reaction Score
People slam Dolan and rightfully so. But there aren't many worse than Jordan running a team and making draft picks. To know you wouldn't re-sign Kemba and not trade him is inconceivable to any competent franchise.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
While this would suck for the Bucks, it is the right move for the Celtics, Hornets and Kemba.

Kemba will get paid and play for a winner.

Celtics become the clear favorite in the East. Everyone that says Kyrie is better than Kemba should find another sport to watch. Kyrie is not one of the Top 10 point guards in the NBA because he is locker room poison and doesn't play hard.

Hornets get to start their rebuilding process. Signing Kemba to a supermax when there are like 5 terrible contracts on that team would be stupid.

Reaction Score
While this would suck for the Bucks, it is the right move for the Celtics, Hornets and Kemba.

Kemba will get paid and play for a winner.

Celtics become the clear favorite in the East. Everyone that says Kyrie is better than Kemba should find another sport to watch. Kyrie is not one of the Top 10 point guards in the NBA because he is locker room poison and doesn't play hard.

Hornets get to start their rebuilding process. Signing Kemba to a supermax when there are like 5 terrible contracts on that team would be stupid.
All true, but the Hornets should have traded Kemba to at least receive a future first round pick, younger players, or a Kidd-Ghilcrest salary dump. Now they are basically starting from scratch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
lakers just cleared enough cap space for another max contract. i'm sure their first choice is kyrie, but if they can't get him they'll go after kemba and russell...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought it was wishful thinking that Celtics would be in play for Kemba. This would be unbelievable

Wonder if Pacers would entertain offers for Myles turner.

Hayward + Smart gets it done for Indy.

Reaction Score
Hayward + Smart gets it done for Indy

as a celtics fan i wish, but larry bird's no fool.

predictions:
kemba- celtics
kyrie- lakers or nets
durant- nets
russell- nets or lakers
kawhi-clippers or knicks
klay- warriors

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
All true, but the Hornets should have traded Kemba to at least receive a future first round pick, younger players, or a Kidd-ghilcret salary dump. Now they are basically starting from scratch.

The Hornets absolutely blew it. They might have been able to move Batum's contract if they found the right team. Now they are just killing time for the rest of their garbage deals to expire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom