Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
All true, but the Hornets should have traded Kemba to at least receive a future first round pick, younger players, or a Kidd-ghilcret salary dump. Now they are basically starting from scratch.

Yeah, it sounds like they're pretty far apart. I think Kemba would have been fine not taking the super max but they had to know he was going to get paid, and that committing long-term to a guy who's approaching 30 probably wasn't best for a team with no short-term chance of winning a title. Dumb.

Reaction Score
While this would suck for the Bucks, it is the right move for the Celtics, Hornets and Kemba.

Kemba will get paid and play for a winner.

Celtics become the clear favorite in the East. Everyone that says Kyrie is better than Kemba should find another sport to watch. Kyrie is not one of the Top 10 point guards in the NBA because he is locker room poison and doesn't play hard.

Hornets get to start their rebuilding process. Signing Kemba to a supermax when there are like 5 terrible contracts on that team would be stupid.
Celtics become the clear favorite in the East?

Reaction Score
I had no info about this at all, obviously, but it is a good fit. The Celtics need a PG and a vet like Kemba.

On the flip side, I also knew that Charlotte was never going to offer him the supermax, so I knew a Celtics offer would be competitive.

Reaction Score
lakers just cleared enough cap space for another max contract. i'm sure their first choice is kyrie, but if they can't get him they'll go after kemba and russell...
I keep hearing Russell but that would be a horrible fit. I have a feeling this Laker experiment is going to implode!

Reaction Score
Screw them, he was on the most friendly contract in the entire league and all they did was surround him with cr@p. Guy gave them everything and was the best ambassador for the city. Everything about that organization is a joke.
Still pains me to now think I have to cheer for the Celtics. Never in a million years did I think that would ever happen. Yet, here I am: Love for Kemba > My anti-Boston sentiment.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Still pains me to now think I have to cheer for the Celtics. Never in a million years did I think that would ever happen. Yet, here I am: Love for Kemba > My anti-Boston sentiment.

What about when Ray Allen wore #20?

Reaction Score
Celtics become the clear favorite in the East?

Nelson doesn't know anything about the NBA. It is quite evident. I don't really like posting, but have often felt the urge to point this out and here I am.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
lakers just cleared enough cap space for another max contract. i'm sure their first choice is kyrie, but if they can't get him they'll go after kemba and russell...

I could use a bunch of hyperbolic words for how stupid the Lakers are right now, but those words would not capture a level of stupid high enough to explain the Lakers.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
All the smart people I listen to have Kawhi staying on the Raptors. This is obviously the best team in the NBA.

Lowry and gasol are getting up there and green is a fa.

This could be an issue for them.

Reaction Score
He was going to take their shots - not so in Boston. So far Boston has been a disaster - give him another year to recover - but Chief is telling you - it’s not working at $30 million a season.
My prediction: in one year Chief will tell us that Durant hasn’t played up to his max contract.

Reaction Score
Lowry and gasol are getting up there and green is a fa.

This could be an issue for them.

This is why the speculation is that Kawhi signs a 1 + 1

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thought I would pull this out of that article, "It was a Tuesday afternoon and Basketball Hall of Famer Jim Calhoun had already spoken to two of his former UConn men’s basketball players, Ben Gordon and Emeka Okafor."

I haven't heard about Ben in awhile. At least we know he's in touch with JC.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't know exactly how that works with timing, but I think Celtics have to renounce almost everyone to get the cap holds off the books to afford Kemba, so then they can't use rights to go back over the cap and would have to use Room. The rule also may just be worded that signing anyone using cap room negates true midlevel availability.

This article has Lowe saying the Celtics can still sign kemba and get the full mle somehow. He doesn’t explain how, just says it’s complex.

Reaction Score
I’m just glad Kemba is going to make it to this stage of his career without having suffered a serious injury (that I recall). Now he’s entering the apex of his prime and ready to win.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
While this would suck for the Bucks, it is the right move for the Celtics, Hornets and Kemba.

Kemba will get paid and play for a winner.

Celtics become the clear favorite in the East. Everyone that says Kyrie is better than Kemba should find another sport to watch. Kyrie is not one of the Top 10 point guards in the NBA because he is locker room poison and doesn't play hard.

Hornets get to start their rebuilding process. Signing Kemba to a supermax when there are like 5 terrible contracts on that team would be stupid.
Stop it. If you believe Kemba Walker is a better player than Kyrie Irving then you must not even watch basketball.

Kemba- better personality, better team player and generally a much more likable person

But the talent comparison isn’t even debatable. Just stop.
And I’m a diehard UConn and Celtics fan.

Kyrie is a top 5 PG in the NBA, one of the best ball handlers of all time, an NBA champion and has one of the greatest shots in NBA history. He is a better shooter than Kemba. Better ball handler, better scorer. It’s not even really that close.

Reaction Score
Stop it. If you believe Kemba Walker is a better player than Kyrie Irving then you must not even watch basketball.

Kemba- better personality, better team player and generally a much more likable person

But the talent comparison isn’t even debatable. Just stop.
And I’m a diehard UConn and Celtics fan.

Kyrie is a top 5 PG in the NBA, one of the best ball handlers of all time, an NBA champion and has one of the greatest shots in NBA history. He is a better shooter than Kemba. Better ball handler, better scorer. It’s not even really that close.
I’d think Kemba is more athletic and less of a defensive liability. And personality is incredibly important for leaders in team sports. Kyrie is arrogant, thinks he’s smarter than he is, and is difficult to coach. Jaylen Brown tweeted “I’d rather walk than ride with bad company” in reference to Kyrie. His non-basketball makeup played a big role in Boston’s failure of a season

Kyrie didn’t look so great when he didn’t have his big bro Bron around... always wondered how Kemba’s and Kyrie’s careers and how they as players would look now if Kyrie never got to shine riding Bron’s coat tails. I doubt many would consider Kyrie a top 5 PG, possibly not even a max-level player, if he was in Kemba’s basketball situation for 7 years

Reaction Score
I’d think Kemba is more athletic and less of a defensive liability. And personality is incredibly important for leaders in team sports. Kyrie is arrogant, thinks he’s smarter than he is, and is difficult to coach. Jaylen Brown tweeted “I’d rather walk than ride with bad company” in reference to Kyrie. His non-basketball makeup played a big role in Boston’s failure of a season

Kyrie didn’t look so great when he didn’t have his big bro Bron around... always wondered how Kemba’s and Kyrie’s careers and how they as players would look now if Kyrie never got to shine riding Bron’s coat tails. I doubt many would consider Kyrie a top 5 PG, possibly not even a max-level player, if he was in Kemba’s basketball situation for 7 years

I do not like Kyrie pseudo-philosophical rubbish as much as the next guy. It's vapid and generally meaningless if you have half a lick of critical thinking ability.

But last season was not all his fault entirely.

I do think Kemba will be a better player in Boston. Not by the stats, but because the way he plays will allow Tatum and Brown (and hopefully the new draftees) to develop better. He's help lead young talent before if I remember correctly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom