Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The friars are marching on our capital as we speak. Any house waving a UConn flag will be burned to the ground. Any house sporting a uconn mailbox will be demolished. We have no conference or postseason tournament and the friar fans are here to take our little huskie children

A dark cloud settles over Hartford and its surrounding counties. If Napier goes pro this entire state will fall into a sinkhole and be swallowed up.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
We could argue semantics if you want, but losing the guy who's probably your best player off of a team usually doesn't get THAT much better. If Dunn has a breakout year, and Ledo actually gets on the court, I could see a borderline top 25 team, for a few weeks, but I wouldn't go crazy.

Fixed!

Reaction Score
We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I dont know what to do about the NCAA or conference realignment or our lack of a front court. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Players want two things:

1 - To play for a winner
2 - To play against the best

You just described why so many top prospects come to UConn....

Applying those two criteria to PC and the CYO going forward....and....well....

You continue to fall short on the first.

And by defecting from the real Big East....every prospect knows that you all 'd out and abdicated the second.

Who do you guys think you are going to fool with that load of crap....?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Providence is a joke and all of that jazz, then the talent they are pulling in shouldn't even be comparable in theory right? That's the point. UCONN is the top, PC is dirt according to you guys. Yet PC is bringing in legit players under Cooley.

Pulling in some talent is good. Providence is on their way, but they still have a long, long way to go. The distance between UConn and PC has been light years for the last 20 years. Two good recruiting classes doesn't close that gap, that's my only point. Maybe you should wait until Providence accomplishes something before running your mouth on a much more accomplished program's message board.

Reaction Score
Have some balls and give me some predictions. You and your Friar clowns..come on. will one of you pu$$ies step up and make some declarations since you're doing a lot of chest puffing (with a current losing record in the conference by the way)..

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
He was essentially handed the keys to a Pinto.

A pinto which he has washed and waxed. You guys taking that monster to Daytona next year? I have a feeling you guys will really give Jimmy Johnson a run for his money!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

You guys have any sports teams (other than basketball) teams left? At all?

I thought your athletic programs were recently purged of around 8 sports....

Compared to you folks....I would say that UConn's athletic department has been making consistently better decisions.

Baseball season's coming up. I think UConn has an outside chance of making the college tournament. Are you guys even fielding a team? Got a club program? Bueller?

Reaction Score
PC has already been playing against the best. The only thing that changed on that front is the conference is now a shell of what is used to be.

Reaction Score
You guys have any sports teams (other than basketball) teams left? At all?

I thought your athletic programs were recently purged of around 8 sports....

Compared to you folks....I would say that UConn's athletic department has been making consistently better decisions.

Baseball season's coming up. I think UConn has an outside chance of making the college tournament. Are you guys even fielding a team? Got a club program? Bueller?

You are also a state university comparing yourself to the athletics of a smaller, private catholic institution. There should be more sports and more resources spent on sports, if we care to use our brain.

Reaction Score
And by defecting from the real Big East....every prospect knows that you all 'd out and abdicated the second.

Who do you guys think you are going to fool with that load of crap....?

HAHAAHAHAHA thats what happened wasn't it? ... Do we need to pull the Susan Herbst quotes a day after 'Cuse and Pitt left begging to be the next ones chosen?

I'll summarize:

"PLEASE ACC TAKE US, TAKE US PLEASE!!!!"

Almost 18 month's later, the ACC is still laughing about the public whoring.

Reaction Score
You're right, I'm lumping you in with other Friar fans coming on here bragging about a tty ass basketball program. You're here to just diss UConn's football decisions.
Come to think of it maybe you should p*ss off.

Reaction Score
You are also a state university comparing yourself to the athletics of a smaller, private catholic institution. There should be more sports and more resources spent on sports, if we care to use our brain.
Fitting that you root for an institution that relies on believing in miracles.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
HAHAAHAHAHA thats what happened wasn't it? ... Do we need to pull the Susan Herbst quotes a day after 'Cuse and Pitt left begging to be the next ones chosen?

I'll summarize:

"PLEASE ACC TAKE US, TAKE US PLEASE!!!!"

Almost 18 month's later, the ACC is still laughing about the public whoring.

Summarize all you want.....PC is a program that wavers between "Doesn't Completely Suck" and.....well.... let me be kind and call them "rebuilding years".

We, on the other hand......(well you don't me to recount our accomplishments again. I am certain you are well acquainted with them)....suffice to say that we have been the marquee game on the home schedule for every BE team for well over a decade. (Especially for you toadstools. This entire thread is a testament to the fact that you have absolutely no other thing going on for yourselves, or your program.....At All.)

The claims that folks can count on coming to PCU....to "play against the best"......your decision to leave simply invalidates the claim.

(I wonder: if a "play against the best" representation was made to a PCU recruit....would the CYO decision be grounds for release from a LOI?)

And, yeah....I guess joining a conference where our conference mates would field teams in a broad array of sports, that would be a much better option for us than being held back by second tier schools.

I have to agree with Herbst on that.

Reaction Score
PC has beaten the almighty UCONN on two back-to-back recruiting classes, barring a big play by UCONN at the end of this recruiting period and PC staying pat.

The C7 is not the best, but the Big East will be a better conference top-to-bottom than the mismatched load of baloney the other side will have.

You guys would trade Ledo and Dunn for Calhoun in an instant. You know it, I know it.

Reaction Score
5-3 vs UConn in the last 8

It really doesn't matter. UConn has also lost to South Florida.
In that same span, UConn has been to 2 Final 4s and won a national championship.

Now that's what matters. If having a better football record mattered, we'd be in the ACC over Louisville, Pitt and Syracuse, because we have better football records and basketball records against them.

Reaction Score
You guys would trade Ledo and Dunn for Calhoun in an instant. You know it, I know it.

Easily the dumbest, most myopic statement in the history of this board. Including HFDs rants

Congrats on being a complete fraud

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Funny to see a p*ssing match between PC and UConn fans at a time when both should be jumping over the ACC. It's a bittersweet ending to a great run and tradition. Now I know how the Romans must have felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom