Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Catholic schools leaving this year, taking Big East name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who knows how long you will have to wait. To occupy your time, you can go back to your board and talk about the Currently Unsuccessful Basketball Program Known as Providence.

Reaction Score
Funny, this is what the scoreboard will read after March:

Cooley Postseason Tournament Appearances: 1
Ollie Postseason Tournament Appearances: 0

Reaction Score
The "new" Big East, aka The Catholic 7 + Butler, Xavier. Why does this remind me of those old singing groups that have none of the main members, but 1 or 2 of the insignificant members.

Reaction Score
Funny, this is what the scoreboard will read after March:

Cooley Postseason Tournament Appearances: 1
Ollie Postseason Tournament Appearances: 0

Geez I wonder why douchey?

What seed are you guys in the NIT? PC, joke of the Big East for the last 20 years...........but always close to getting an NIT nod. ;) Thanks for your interest in a winning basketball program.

Reaction Score
I can't wait until we're talking about the Formerly Successful Basketball Program Known as UCONN.

We've been talking about PC like that since Ernie D left........wow it's moron day at the Boneyard!! Always entertaining to have other fans come to see what it's like to talk about WINNING!!

Reaction Score
Not sure can you explain?

To me it seems an era of letting the inmates run the asylum caught up to the program. Care to disagree even though there is nothing to disagree about....

And for me, seems Cooley has the train on the right tracks.

All joking aside, both programs have a ton to look forward to.

Reaction Score
More importantly
Cooley 1
Calhoun 0

Undefeated against arguably the best college coach in the last 40 years :)

Reaction Score
To me it seems an era of letting the inmates run the asylum caught up to the program. Care to disagree even though there is nothing to disagree about....

And for me, seems Cooley has the train on the right tracks.

All joking aside, both programs have a ton to look forward to.

What caught up? Not sure yo know what you're talking about as both of our programs have had things happen (like most) which we can't be proud of as fans but nothing which ruins a program or the history of it. APR - yeah that sucks but it's over, back to business next year after the NCAA made a mockery of JC and his team.........will be 2 years removed from a 3rd NC and KO most definitely has things going in the right direction. No worries here I can promise that......People make fun of UConn's next move regarding leagues, not sure how many NC's the Catholic 7 have - oh not as many as UConn!!!

As for Cooley, he's a good guy and we'll see what happens......have to get players who can play first, unlike Ledo. And then keep them there.......he seems to be doing fine, Austin was a nice get too. We'll see plenty up in the air.

Reaction Score
More importantly
Cooley 1
Calhoun 0

Undefeated against arguably the best college coach in the last 40 years :)

Wow you guys are really joking right?

Check out the Elite 8's, National Titles then check back with us okay tough guys....no shot here baby boys!!!

Reaction Score
Wow you guys are really joking right?

Check out the Elite 8's, National Titles then check back with us okay tough guys....no shot here baby boys!!!

C'mon...the emoticon didn't give away the fact I was yanking your chain?

Can we meet at the game next Saturday and hug it out?

Reaction Score
C'mon...the emoticon didn't give away the fact I was yanking your chain?

Can we meet at the game next Saturday and hug it out?

No, but I'm okay with the sarcasm now but because there are times you believe yourself I didn't see the emoticon;).........you didn't take me up on the PC visit sean!! No hugs always open for beers though......

Actually not sure if I'm going as of yet............

Reaction Score
I was tied up with clients for the PC game at Bar Louie. Huge uconn fans. Hoping we can return the favor on Saturday. Cocktails are something all fans can agree on.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was tied up with clients for the PC game at Bar Louie. Huge uconn fans. Hoping we can return the favor on Saturday. Cocktails are something all fans can agree on.
Did you tell your clients they are douches for being UConn fans?

Reaction Score
We've been talking about PC like that since Ernie D left........wow it's moron day at the Boneyard!! Always entertaining to have other fans come to see what it's like to talk about WINNING!!

What are you talking about, mauconnfan???? Every day is moron day at the Boneryard!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
UCONN backed off Dunn bc Cooley had him locked up. FACT Are you really selling that Uconn didnt want a mcDs AA?
UCONN backed off Ledo bc is was widely known that IF Ledo went to college it was PC FACT
The majority of this board(and JC) laughed at the thought of AL's going to PC. The laughing stopped when Ed called JC from AL's house and told him what was what. FACT
I notice you didn't address Austin...cat got your tongue?
Seanzo, it's been said many times before that the following:
1) Dunn---UConn took Omar Calhoun early in June '11 as their last available scolie. Dunn committed to PC in mid August . UConn had no scolie available. Shortly after Dunn committed to PC, Drummond committed to UConn. Drummond eventually paid his own tuition. UConn had to move mountains (well documented) to get Drummond in w/o expending a scolie they didn't have at that time. For Dunn, UConn would not have moved mountains.
2) Ledo---UConn was not involved with him since the spring of '11. I assume grades were the issue. Ledo did commit to PC. Then, he decommitted. Finally, when he was to announce for PC, he mysteriously delayed his announcement.(perhaps awaiting a better offer?) He still doesn't play for PC. According to a report a few months ago, he may never play for you guys.
3) LaFleur---He had no place to go at UConn. Most UConn fans wanted Andre & Patrick Sellers out as they recruited some guys who shouldn't have been here, when JC missed 2 summers of recruiting.(chemo, one summer; 8 broken ribs the 2nd summer) This is one of the reasons for UConn's APR problem. Most UConn fans were happy to see these two leave. (check Boneyard posts of 2-3 years ago if you don't believe me.) If he's working out for you guys that's fine, but he couldn't go much further here.
4) As far as your latest recruiting "victory" over UConn, well, UConn was heavily involved with Xavier Raytheon Mays. When he chose FSU over UConn, UConn got involved late with this young man (yeah, I know, his name escapes me) With Ollie on a 7 month contract, and UConn's late involvement, the kid chose PC. I doubt we lose too many more recruits to PC.

Reaction Score
Do you guys know when the last Big East Tournament is?

I was hoping to get some tickets to go watch UCONN play in the last ever BET.

Reaction Score
Congrats to be the worst program in the history of the BCS to make an appearance. Color me impressed.

Let's cool the credit cowboy. You were what, an 8-4 team who won one of the worst BCS auto-bids in the history of the Big East and BCS?

You then proceeded to show how mediocre the conference was when you went to the Fiesta and got embarrassed, not just by lousy fan support but getting cranked on the field.

But you made a game you didn't belong in, congrats!
Hell, UConn's football program, over the last 10 years has done much better than PC's basketball team. Plus, you don't have any facts on UConn's attendance at that Fiesta bowl game. UConn sold 4,000 way overpriced tickets to that game. 14,000 very smart UConn fans purchased tickets on their own for 75% less. BTW, Oklahoma returned 7,000 tickets themselves. Shortly after, the Fiesta bowl is being investigated for corrupt business practices.
I also notice you had no comment about UConn clobbering South Carolina the previous year in SEC territory. Let alone a victory at Notre Dame on NBC.
As I said above, UConn's football has far exceed what PC has done in hoops since UConn moved up to D-1. How's that---Cowboy!!!

Reaction Score
Yonick, you are as wrong as sleeping with your step sister. I am sure all you Storrs sissies enjoy his posts, and enjoy your step sisters as much, but let me take the microphone for a bit:

You can honestly say that recruits would rather play in the bucket of piss called the Gampel Pavillion than help hang up the inevitable banners at Ed Cooley's Ball So Hard University? I bet the feathers on my boa that PC has a higher ranked recruiting class than U-Con for the remainder of Cooley's tenure. While you are running down to SMU to discuss family dating habits, the Cooley World Order will be running wild over MSG and the rest of college basketball. cWo 4-Life! :cool:
Gads, you guys live in a strange dreamworld!!! Win a NC, and maybe you can come over here and talk.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not all uconn fans are douches...just like all friar fans aren't douches.
Your buddies from your board posting above are trying desperately to prove you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom