Can we sneak into a bye in BET? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Can we sneak into a bye in BET?

Reaction Score
The answer to this whole thread is pretty clear and is summed up by the chart in the below tweet. UConn is in good position to take at least the 5th spot because they have the most games yet to play against the bottom half of the conference.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Okay. No problem with what you’re posting. “No drpoff” was wrong. Still, I think he’s a capable backup - at least as backups go. And with Kalkbrenner in the lineup, they actually have a decent bench. And after all, what we’re talking about going forward is a healthy Kalkbrenner with King as his backup.

But really you’ve just strengthened my contention that Creighton is a lot better team than their 14-8 record makes them look. If we attribute the 3 losses before Kalkbrenner went out also to mono, then they are 14-2 with a healthy Kalkbrenner in the rotation and their only 2 losses are to 2 ranked teams on the road.
George Costanza Pretzel GIF

Reaction Score
The answer to this whole thread is pretty clear and is summed up by the chart in the below tweet. UConn is in good position to take at least the 5th spot because they have the most games yet to play against the bottom half of the conference.

Yes, I think there’s little doubt that we will get the 5th spot. Frankly that’s as good as finishing 4th because the team gets a bye either way and they play the same opponent whether they finish 4th or 5th.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yes, I think there’s little doubt that we will get the 5th spot. Frankly that’s as good as finishing 4th because the team gets a bye either way and they play the same opponent whether they finish 4th or 5th.

Yes. People talking "ooh we can get the 4" why? whats the difference between that and a 5? Do they want to hang a top 4 BE regular season banner in their moms basement?

Reaction Score

Doesn't this information show the opposite of what I bolded? It definitely shows that UConn has the fewest Q3 and Q4 games remaining of the top 6 teams.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And As I've been saying, Creighton has the opposite scenario. Most tough games left. Seton Hall has a very tough road as well.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes. People talking "ooh we can get the 4" why? whats the difference between that and a 5? Do they want to hang a top 4 BE regular season banner in their moms basement?
I think we can sneak into the 4/5 game, Seton Hall’s schedule is a gauntlet the rest of the way. We just need to care of business vs. them and others.

As for dinner reservations, I can get us into Dorsia. Say 8pm Thursday? Sounds great. Perfect. See you then.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I do think we look better in the whites so I'd rather be the 4
Perhaps, but bottom line, the games will be played in the Garden, we are the home team regardless of seed.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
We still have a very narrow path to the 3 seed. But it requires going 14-6, so.....

Reaction Score

No major changes to UConn's odds, still most likely to end up a 5

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I'm planning to fly in from the west coast on Wednesday and won't be in Manhattan until 5ish likely. The tickets for the first round are sold as 1 correct? Meaning, there aren't individual tickets sold for each of the three games.

Do these sell out? If UConn falls to that 6th spot and plays at 8pm, would I be able to scoop up a ticket last minute pretty easily? Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
And As I've been saying, Creighton has the opposite scenario. Most tough games left. Seton Hall has a very tough road as well.

Creighton has 8 league games left, 4 at home and 4 away. The only BE opponents they don’t play in their remaining games are one tough game vs Xavier and one easy game vs Butler. They finish the season vs Georgetown & DePaul.

I don’t see what makes this schedule any more difficult than anyone else’s in the BE.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'm planning to fly in from the west coast on Wednesday and won't be in Manhattan until 5ish likely. The tickets for the first round are sold as 1 correct? Meaning, there aren't individual tickets sold for each of the three games.

Do these sell out? If UConn falls to that 6th spot and plays at 8pm, would I be able to scoop up a ticket last minute pretty easily? Thanks in advance.
Yeah I would imagine the night session will not be horribly hard to get on day 1

Reaction Score
One positive about playing in the 4-5 game is that we open the tournament vs another team that is also playing its first game in the tournament. The top teams can get caught in trap games in which their opponents have first tournament game jitters out of their system and they don’t. Sometimes a better team is playing from behind in these games before they know what hit them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Creighton has 8 league games left, 4 at home and 4 away. The only BE opponents they don’t play in their remaining games are one tough game vs Xavier and one easy game vs Butler. They finish the season vs Georgetown & DePaul.

I don’t see what makes this schedule any more difficult than anyone else’s in the BE.
I was right about the close game vs Nova. The have 5 road games and 3 home. Of the three home two are UConn and Marquette who can both beat them.

@Seton Hall is a road game against the hottest team in the league at the moment
UConn is tough even at home
@PC is very tough, they haven't lost at home
@St. Johns is winnable, but not easy
Marquette home is tough
@Nova is very tough now
Georgetown - one easy game
@DePaul, should win but not easy.

Reaction Score
I was right about the close game vs Nova. The have 5 road games and 3 home. Of the three home two are UConn and Marquette who can both beat them.

@Seton Hall is a road game against the hottest team in the league at the moment
UConn is tough even at home
@PC is very tough, they haven't lost at home
@St. Johns is winnable, but not easy
Marquette home is tough
@Nova is very tough now
Georgetown - one easy game
@DePaul, should win but not easy.

Oops! You’re right. I was looking at the wrong schedule. Head bang

Everyone faces tough games in this league. I agree that PC on the road is brutal, but Marquette & us are at their place and is to their advantage. Seton Hall can be tough, but it’s still a winnable game for them. The rest of their games are against the bottom half of the league.

Seton Hall hottest team in the league by winning 7 of 8? Their win over us is their only good win in that stretch. 5 of their 7 wins came vs DePaul, Butler, and Georgetown.

How is Nova very tough now? They’ve lost 3 in a row and 6 of 8.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oops! You’re right. I was looking at the wrong schedule. Head bang

Everyone faces tough games in this league. I agree that PC on the road is brutal, but Marquette & us are at their place and is to their advantage. Seton Hall can be tough, but it’s still a winnable game for them. The rest of their games are against the bottom half of the league.

Seton Hall hottest team in the league by winning 7 of 8? Their win over us is their only good win in that stretch. 5 of their 7 wins came vs DePaul, Butler, and Georgetown.

How is Nova very tough now? They’ve lost 3 in a row and 6 of 8.
I think I was right. Creighton had a much tougher schedule, and the results reflect it. Now out of the Top 25. Nova, with Moore playing well, is tough. They'd be a tournament team with the full roster all year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom