Can we sneak into a bye in BET? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Can we sneak into a bye in BET?

Reaction Score
I have to give a work presentation from 3-4PM on Thursday the 9th..... could not have worked out less for me
Can you somehow work in the pros/cons of a high hedge defense and three man weave on offense and use that as conduit to live stream the game during the presentation? There must be a way to tie that to company synergies and cross-departmental communication and synchronization?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Can you somehow work in the pros/cons of a high hedge defense and three man weave on offense and use that as conduit to live stream the game during the presentation? There must be a way to tie that to company synergies and cross-departmental communication and synchronization?
I agree. And throw in something about 'intermodal', 'synergies', cross training applicabilities', stuff like that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

It seems you have chosen the low hanging fruit. Your action item is to ping us back when you have achieved best efforts to make your presentation more impactful. If you need to we could have a thought shower among the tiger team posters here so you can provide an aha moment.

Reaction Score
I would love it if UConn got the #3 seed. I want another shot at Xavier, assuming both win their QF games. However I don't see Providence going 0-2 as both games are at the AMP and Creighton is at home vs GTown and at DePaul
There's no way it will happen so no reason talking about it.

Reaction Score
I have to give a work presentation from 3-4PM on Thursday the 9th..... could not have worked out less for me
I’d be really impressed if you could figure out how to make a live feed of the game part of your presentation!

Reaction Score
It seems you have chosen the low hanging fruit. Your action item is to ping us back when you have achieved best efforts to make your presentation more impactful. If you need to we could have a thought shower among the tiger team posters here so you can provide an aha moment.
Hmm.. seems like some open items to consider with the rest of the team. Let's table this for now, circle up at a later date and discuss the blocking and tackling. Looks like we're all busy until .. checks calendar .. April 4th. Let's reconvene then.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Marquette is also locked into their seed and know they play 1st session. Their fans are hyped, they're going to show out.
So are providence and X in session 2 . They are locked into that session so they could get on it too

Reaction Score
So are providence and X in session 2 . They are locked into that session so they could get on it too
Nah Providence and Xavier can both finish in the 4/5 game in session 2 or be 2/3 seeds in session 3.

But even still, the point is that Marquette fans are very activated. That plus the UConn effect is the driving force on session 2.

Reaction Score
Nah Providence and Xavier can both finish in the 4/5 game in session 2 or be 2/3 seeds in session 3.

But even still, the point is that Marquette fans are very activated. That plus the UConn effect is the driving force on session 2.
Nearly impossible for them not to be in session 3. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Reaction Score
Nearly impossible for them not to be in session 3. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.
Not really. Providence and Xavier play tonight, so automatically one of them is going to lose the first of the 2 necessary games. After that, it's just losing 1 game for whichever of them is the loser.

Providence plays Seton Hall, who is a tough and similar team (yes at home, so that helps but is not "nearly impossible").

Xavier is playing Butler, who already beat them once less than 3 weeks ago and Xavier in this hypothetical will be 4-4 without Freemantle. Certainly a loseable game. Just look at last year when Xavier was definitely going to make the NCAA tournament and just had to avoid losing to St. John's and Butler in the conference tournament. Oops. Thad Matta also owns Sean Miller (from his coaching tree).

Creighton plays GTown and Depaul so is extremely likely to win both. We may win both.

Since Creighton is 0-2 against Marquette and since they play each other, It is assured that 1 of the 2 of them will be in the 2/3, but the odds that both are there is more like 80/20. Since Providence has the game tonight at home, they're more likely to be 2/3, but anything can happen (and this isn't a 1% anything, it's more like a 20% anything.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not really. Providence and Xavier play tonight, so automatically one of them is going to lose the first of the 2 necessary games. After that, it's just losing 1 game for whichever of them is the loser.

Providence plays Seton Hall, who is a tough and similar team (yes at home, so that helps but is not "nearly impossible").

Xavier is playing Butler, who already beat them once less than 3 weeks ago and Xavier in this hypothetical will be 4-4 without Freemantle. Certainly a loseable game. Just look at last year when Xavier was definitely going to make the NCAA tournament and just had to avoid losing to St. John's and Butler in the conference tournament. Oops. Thad Matta also owns Sean Miller (from his coaching tree).

Creighton plays GTown and Depaul so is extremely likely to win both. We may win both.

Since Creighton is 0-2 against Marquette and since they play each other, It is assured that 1 of the 2 of them will be in the 2/3, but the odds that both are there is more like 80/20. Since Providence has the game tonight at home, they're more likely to be 2/3, but anything can happen (and this isn't a 1% anything, it's more like a 20% anything.)
I don't see those scenarios as being close to 20% but that is the beauty of sports and why they play the games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't see those scenarios as being close to 20% but that is the beauty of sports and why they play the games.
Yeah, I'd go about 5%. PC losing at home is something I consider very unlikely.

Reaction Score
With their loss, Providence now with a 20.75% chance of being in the 4/5 according to KenPom. People that bought Session 3 tickets now sweating a bit.

UConn with a 2.8% chance of going to a coin toss with Providence for the 3 seed. Need Depaul to win on senior night against Creighton and Seton Hall to win at Providence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With their loss, Providence now with a 20.75% chance of being in the 4/5 according to KenPom. People that bought Session 3 tickets now sweating a bit.

UConn with a 2.8% chance of going to a coin toss with Providence for the 3 seed. Need Depaul to win on senior night against Creighton and Seton Hall to win at Providence.
Good call. Hope the 20% comes through. Would much rather see PC in 4/5 than Creighton.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well I suppose we “snuck in”. If kicking the doors down and pummeling everyone inside is “sneaking”.
Yeah, we weren't exactly quiet about it.

Reaction Score
Can anyone reassure those of us that bought tickets for the 2:30 session that we're not going to be panic selling our tickets this weekend after UConn grabs a 3 seed?

Reaction Score
God— a three seed would be great. We avoid Creighton in 4/5 game in that stupid 2:30 time slot and then play the winner of seton hall Georgetown -Thursday night. Sounds perfect to me. So basically, we have to beat nova Saturday and hope providence loses for that to happen- or is it not that simple?

Reaction Score
God— a three seed would be great. We avoid Creighton in 4/5 game in that stupid 2:30 time slot and then play the winner of seton hall Georgetown -Thursday night. Sounds perfect to me. So basically, we have to beat nova Saturday and hope providence loses for that to happen- or is it not that simple?
Beat Nova, Seton Hall over Providence and then DePaul over Creighton

Reaction Score
Beat Nova, Seton Hall over Providence and then DePaul over Creighton
And then a coin toss, if the tiebreaker sheet I've been looking at is up to date.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom