Can we sneak into a bye in BET? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Can we sneak into a bye in BET?

Reaction Score
And then a coin toss, if the tiebreaker sheet I've been looking at is up to date.
Locked into the 4/5 seems the most likely with Creighton needing to lose to Depaul. And I can't (really just don't want to) track all the tie breakers for a three-way tie. I think it's NET which I believe we are at the top of in the Big East. Coin flip is after an unlikely NET tie.

Reaction Score
Beat Nova, Seton Hall over Providence and then DePaul over Creighton

And then a coin toss, if the tiebreaker sheet I've been looking at is up to date.
So if UConn has a 65% chance of beating Nova, SHU a 45% chance against PC, and DePaul a 25% chance over Creighton, that makes the likelihood of UConn getting the 3-seed 3.7%.

Edit: If @Chuck is right, the odds are 7.3%.

Reaction Score
Beat Nova, Seton Hall over Providence and then DePaul over Creighton
Oh. DePaul wud have to beat creighton? Really? Ok. Forget it. Thought we had a decent shot God we dug ourselves such a bad January hole. Can’t even get a 3 seed

Reaction Score
Oh. DePaul wud have to beat creighton? Really? Ok. Forget it. Thought we had a decent shot God we dug ourselves such a bad January hole. Can’t even get a 3 seed
The mind boggling losses to Seton Hall and St John's were killers. Nonetheless, whether UConn plays PC or Creighton first makes no difference. I believe UConn will beat either of them this time around.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So if UConn has a 65% chance of beating Nova, SHU a 45% chance against PC, and DePaul a 25% chance over Creighton, that makes the likelihood of UConn getting the 3-seed 3.7%.

Edit: If @Chuck is right, the odds are 7.3%.
I'd say Seton Hall has a 5% chance to win. DePaul has about a .05% chance to win, and UConn has about a 45% chance to win. So that's pretty darned close to zero.

Reaction Score
The mind boggling losses to Seton Hall and St John's were killers. Nonetheless, whether UConn plays PC or Creighton first makes no difference. I believe UConn will beat either of them this time around.
I wouldn't call the Seton Hall loss mind boggling. Yeah, we beat them up in the first half and probably should've held on, but we were also on the road without Hurley and Kimani. The SJU loss @ home on the other hand was definitely a terrible one...

Reaction Score
Do people really want the 3 seed? Not like you get bronze medal for coming in 3rd or anything. Isn't the dream scenario playing Providence in the 4/5 where the winner gets Marquette and you only have to play Xavier/Creighton/Villanova if its in the championship? Its not like UConn would be tanking to stay in the 4/5 seed spot, its out of their hands anyway. To me the 3 seed is a much more difficult road than 4 or 5

Reaction Score
Do people really want the 3 seed? Not like you get bronze medal for coming in 3rd or anything. Isn't the dream scenario playing Providence in the 4/5 where the winner gets Marquette and you only have to play Xavier/Creighton/Villanova if its in the championship? Its not like UConn would be tanking to stay in the 4/5 seed spot, its out of their hands anyway. To me the 3 seed is a much more difficult road than 4 or 5
I don't have a preference because I think it'll be a tough game whether it's Providence or Creighton. But the 4/5 game is very likely to be Creighton who a lot of people want to avoid, thus hoping for the 3 seed. Odds right now have Creighton at 71% to get the 4 or 5 seed

Reaction Score
There are 5 really strong Big East teams. 4/5 seeds are likely have to play 3 to win the title (4/5, 1, and 2/3), while 1/2/3 will only play 2 of them. Tougher to win the whole thing from 4/5, but on the other hand good for resume building.

BUT if you now consider Villanova with Moore to be "back" and a peer to that group, then the 3 seed loses a lot of relative value, because you likely get Nova first, which means you also have to play 3 tough games.

But either way, saying we tied for 3rd on the season feels a lot closer to what we expected coming into the year than a 5th place finish... even if our record is the same.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In all candor, the dream scenario is playing whoever we are matched up against, regardless of whether we are wearing blue or white. In this BET the only thing that will matter will be how well we take care of business.

Reaction Score
In all candor, the dream scenario is playing whoever we are matched up against, regardless of whether we are wearing blue or white. In this BET the only thing that will matter will be how well we take care of business.

I do feel pretty good that going into MSG, other teams are probably more afraid to play UConn than UConn is afraid to play them

The top 5 of the BE are so good. I think any one of them can beat any other one of them at any time.

MU is 2-0 vs. Creighton. Xavier is 2-0 vs. UConn and Providence. Every other combinations of teams split the head to head 1-1

#6 Nova is also surging at the right time, and definitely has the talent to make some noise. The 3 seed might be in for a really tough quarterfinal game.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
There are 5 really strong Big East teams. 4/5 seeds are likely have to play 3 to win the title (4/5, 1, and 2/3), while 1/2/3 will only play 2 of them. Tougher to win the whole thing from 4/5, but on the other hand good for resume building.

BUT if you now consider Villanova with Moore to be "back" and a peer to that group, then the 3 seed loses a lot of relative value, because you likely get Nova first, which means you also have to play 3 tough games.

But either way, saying we tied for 3rd on the season feels a lot closer to what we expected coming into the year than a 5th place finish... even if our record is the same.
At this point the way the league shook out, whether 3,4,5 all mean we are playing a semi final quality matchup in a quarterfinal round. Only the 1 and 2 get relatively painless quarters

Reaction Score
So are providence and X in session 2 . They are locked into that session so they could get on it too
Nearly impossible for them not to be in session 3. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.
Yeah, I'd go about 5%. PC losing at home is something I consider very unlikely.
Providence now locked into session 2 in the 4/5 game unless UConn and Creighton both lose

Reaction Score
Selfishly would love the 3 seed for viewing purposes. What a great Hall win for UConn. Low hopes for Depaul but crazier things have happened

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Providence now locked into session 2 in the 4/5 game unless UConn and Creighton both lose
Wow. They got demolished.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom