Can we sneak into a bye in BET? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we sneak into a bye in BET?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Well I got tix to the semi-final so according to my math…we will be playing on Friday.
Very interesting calculation. I have tickets to the final so if I extrapolate out we will be playing on Saturday as well.

Reaction Score
BAD MOJO
Thread
8 TO GO

Jus win the next game and then we can talk about
winning the next game after that.
Play with that mind set and those frivolous things sort themselves out .
As far as the Big East Tournament goes it’s next to inconsequential.
I predict 5-10 years from now when AZ is a distant memory
When the 2022-23 season is discussed
The things remembered will be
The NCAA tournament if we make a run even if it ends with a heartbreak
and comparison of 2028-29 players to the kids we fondly remember from this year.
The tourney will only be remembered
If something significant happens I.e.
Our first 1990
5 in 5 2011
or Multiple OT games 2009&2016
3/4 Court short at the buzzer
The details will be forgotten.
Georgetown is the most important game of the year

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Being the 6 seed wouldn't be the worst. Warm up game against Georgetown or Depaul, and then a night game against the 3 seed (likely not Xavier or Marquette...). That honestly might be the best option for us lol
I still attest falling to the 9 spot and getting to demolish DePaul on Wednesday in 2011 played a giant role in the rest of our success

Reaction Score
Ha - this is funny —now we’re begging for a first round buy in our own conference tournament —-whereas four weeks ago , we were looking like the best team in the land. Unreal

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I had never heard of 4 Charles Prime Rib so I looked it up. Whoa! You’re big time. I want to party with you! Are you August West or Kanye West?

I limit my meals to Arby's usually (2 for 6 bucks!) so I can save and then splurge for a great one once in a while.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Being the 6 seed wouldn't be the worst. Warm up game against Georgetown or Depaul, and then a night game against the 3 seed (likely not Xavier or Marquette...). That honestly might be the best option for us lol
And it would open up this possibility, which might fit better in this thread. Go ahead, click on the link and get dreaming...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
French Laundry is a happening place... Nice grab.. Have you done Per Se in NYC?

I have not, but it's on "the list" . That would have to be one with the wife though, at the BET me and my bro I go with do the manly places that my wife wouldn't like. She will love Per Se. And so will I. She doesnt mind steakhouses but they arent her favorite. At the BET we make our way around Manhattan grabbing Pizza slices on the way to steakhouses......and Pizza slices on the way to the garden, and on the way out of the garden, and on the way from the place we stay, and while waiting for a taxi or uber, and on the way..... well you get the picture.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Winning will take care of itself. If we don't win, we won't earn a bye

As for the top teams, they're going to be losing games as they play each other. And we need to beat them too

Yes, we can earn a bye. And it can even be better than a 5 seed (although losing to St John's and Seton Hall makes that a little harder)

Reaction Score
It's not a bad path, but imagine being told UConn will play on Wednesday of the BET a month ago.
Well, this conference season has already been a failure anyways. We finished 3rd in the BE the last two seasons, and now we had our best OOC results in a decade and we are on track to be the 5/6 seed. Any way you look at it, it's a failure

Reaction Score
Ha - this is funny —now we’re begging for a first round buy in our own conference tournament —-whereas four weeks ago , we were looking like the best team in the land. Unreal
No one said BB fans are rational
especially those with just a superficial knowledge of the sport .
The results are incredible swings in the optimism vs pessimism scale

Reaction Score
To get 4th we basically need to win @Creighton, win all the games we should and steal @Nova or home to Marquette, and have them lose one of basically the same 2 games (@Nova, home Marquette).

Reaction Score
To get 4th we basically need to win @Creighton, win all the games we should and steal @Nova or home to Marquette, and have them lose one of basically the same 2 games (@Nova, home Marquette).
Winning 2 games that we will be favored in would be steals?

Reaction Score
This is 2 days old but I don't believe any of yesterday's results were unexpected so should still be fairly accurate

I would lean more pessimistic than this because our KenPom numbers are vastly superior to our demonstrated ability to win games lately.

A lot of it comes down to vs. Seton Hall and @ Nova games.

Reaction Score
4th vs. 5th makes literally zero difference though -- nobody gets a bye, you play each other, and then have to face the 1 seed regardless.

5th vs. 6th is a huge difference

Reaction Score
4th vs. 5th makes literally zero difference though -- nobody gets a bye, you play each other, and then have to face the 1 seed regardless.

5th vs. 6th is a huge difference
Very good point.

Reaction Score
The top 4 spots in the BET are locked up. They are in no particular end of season order,but 1-4 will be Xavier, Marquette, Providence, and Creighton. So that leaves only 5th place at best for us.

Right now we are playing on Wednesday as the 6th seed in a first round game.

We will be competing with Seton Hall (a game up on us) and Nova (a couple games back but with a game in hand). I've gotta figure the only 2 realistic options are a 5 or a 6. We have a better chance of being a 7 than a 4, but I don't care about 4 because 4 or 5 seed is the same game time.

Right now I think it is a coin flip we earn a bye. Don't know what to think, and I'm trying to plan my NYC dinner reservations for that week (namely 4 Charles Prime Rib, which is impossible to get a reservation at, they book 21 days in advance and you have to be luckier on resi than you would be trying to get Taylor swift tix on ticketmaster............ and we will need to make a decision in a couple weeks).

There is a tear in my eye typing this, because if you told me 31 days ago that our most likely league finish is 5-7 I would've called you Nelson Muntz. On 1/31 I was already locked into BET but was also tentatively making plans for Albany and MSG.

So I guess I'm asking for predictions on out BET seed.
i dont have much confidence right now. im saying 7

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Well, this conference season has already been a failure anyways. We finished 3rd in the BE the last two seasons, and now we had our best OOC results in a decade and we are on track to be the 5/6 seed. Any way you look at it, it's a failure

Like I said burn that cardboard cut out and let’s start anew

Reaction Score
i dont have much confidence right now. im saying 7
A 7 is highly highly unlikely barring a complete collapse. Even if we went 2-6 and only beat Georgetown and DePaul we still project to end up as a 6 seed

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
BAD MOJO
Thread
8 TO GO

Jus win the next game and then we can talk about
winning the next game after that.
Play with that mind set and those frivolous things sort themselves out .
As far as the Big East Tournament goes it’s next to inconsequential.
I predict 5-10 years from now when AZ is a distant memory
When the 2022-23 season is discussed
The things remembered will be
The NCAA tournament if we make a run even if it ends with a heartbreak
and comparison of 2028-29 players to the kids we fondly remember from this year.
The tourney will only be remembered
If something significant happens I.e.
Our first 1990
5 in 5 2011
or Multiple OT games 2009&2016
3/4 Court short at the buzzer
The details will be forgotten.
Georgetown is the most important game of the year
Today it is.
All else is distraction.
Coaches & players can't afford it.
Why do the fans defend it so hard?

Reaction Score
Winning 2 games that we will be favored in would be steals?
We're 3-8 in our last 11 against the spread and 2 of those covers are against reeling Butler, who has dropped 40 KenPom spots since we beat them the first time. Our strong margin of victory in prior games is masking our actual game to game quality, especially against good teams. Whether or not we're a favorite is pretty irrelevant to the outcome at this point.

That and we haven't won at Nova in a decade.

Reaction Score
The top 4 spots in the BET are locked up. They are in no particular end of season order,but 1-4 will be Xavier, Marquette, Providence, and Creighton. So that leaves only 5th place at best for us.

Right now we are playing on Wednesday as the 6th seed in a first round game.

We will be competing with Seton Hall (a game up on us) and Nova (a couple games back but with a game in hand). I've gotta figure the only 2 realistic options are a 5 or a 6. We have a better chance of being a 7 than a 4, but I don't care about 4 because 4 or 5 seed is the same game time.

Right now I think it is a coin flip we earn a bye. Don't know what to think, and I'm trying to plan my NYC dinner reservations for that week (namely 4 Charles Prime Rib, which is impossible to get a reservation at, they book 21 days in advance and you have to be luckier on resi than you would be trying to get Taylor swift tix on ticketmaster............ and we will need to make a decision in a couple weeks).

There is a tear in my eye typing this, because if you told me 31 days ago that our most likely league finish is 5-7 I would've called you Nelson Muntz. On 1/31 I was already locked into BET but was also tentatively making plans for Albany and MSG.

So I guess I'm asking for predictions on out BET seed.
Start making Arby's plans. No reservations needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom