Calipari on with Mike today FAN…... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Calipari on with Mike today FAN…...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just wonder when the NC investigation kicks off. UMass. Memphis. Kentucky. .....

Reaction Score
Whenever someone prefaces a remark by something like "I don't wanna take anything away from Kevin and his kids but..." that's clearly exactly what they're intending to do. Guess since we took away a championship from his team and mostly from his unctuous self, I understand where he's coming from. UConn cares less about recruiting classes than they do about developing toughness and an unrelenting winning mentality.
I was taught years ago ,when you insert "but " into a sentence ,anything stated prior to that word is completely irrelevant. Its actually forgotten by the listener.The statement might as well have started at the word "but "

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Whenever someone prefaces a remark by something like "I don't wanna take anything away from Kevin and his kids but..." that's clearly exactly what they're intending to do. Guess since we took away a championship from his team and mostly from his unctuous self, I understand where he's coming from. UConn cares less about recruiting classes than they do about developing toughness and an unrelenting winning mentality.
No offense, but I'm about to offend you.;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I just wonder when the NC investigation kicks off. UMass. Memphis. Kentucky. .....
I'm not sure that will ever happen. Hope it does but...

Most folks hit the nail on the head but one thing that i think has been said before but not mentioned in this thread (not much anyway) is the guys' salesmanship.

It's one of those things where if you say something often enough, even if it's not really true, people come to believe it. In this case, Cal goes around saying how great he is, how he brings the young players together to play for NC's, how he prepares and develops them for their career in the NBA, and how he's practically a saint for doing all this because no mere human being could ever hope to accomplish as much as he does.

And he says this stuff over and over again, and the media quotes him, or puts him on TV or radio in interviews. And because it's said and quoted so often, people tend to believe it, sort of like osmosis.

In reality, Kentucky was fortunate to even make it to the NC game. They beat Wisconsin by 1 point, L'ville by 5, Wichita State by 2, and K-state by 7. Sure UCONN was lucky to get out of the first round, but our path to the NC game was harder.

Sure the SJoe's game was tough, but we ended up winning by 8. Then a 12 point win over Nova, 5 point win over Iowa State, 6 point win over Michigan State and 10 point win over Florida. I swear, the team grew in moxie and confidence every single game. We blew the doors off Kentucky to start the game, and even after they came all the way back, we still toughed it out at the end thanks to our superior guard play and terrific defense. Ollie is much greener, but it seems clear he's a much better x's and o's coach, and you also can't overstate how incredible his in-game adjustments are.

So yeah, Calipari is a total slime and anyone who calls him a glorified used car salesman is pretty much spot on...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think those two were seriously arguing.

I think they still have an agent, were always friendly, etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think Cal is a master X and O guy but he was very successful at baiting Mike into complementing him. So to sum up Cal is not a great Xs and Os guy but he is a master baiter.

Reaction Score
"@UKCoachCalipari: You can disagree without being disagreeable. Mike Francesa and I are good. Always have been. By the way, once again he's wrong. LOL!"

Cal got his feelings hurt so he took to twitter to protect his name .

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
"@UKCoachCalipari: You can disagree without being disagreeable. Mike Francesa and I are good. Always have been. By the way, once again he's wrong. LOL!"

Cal got his feelings hurt so he took to twitter to protect his name .

He def went home that night and couldnt stop thinking about it... While Mike was home sleeping like a baby...

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

Attachments

• CalComments.JPG
    CalComments.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 102
Reaction Score
I'd much rather him use this excuse; if we just didn't keep running into UConn…………………………………………

Of course, that's a common lament for many teams in the last 16 years, or so…

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I don't hate Cal, he is what he is...

I hate that Billy Gillispie couldn't stay sober and coach UK one more season. 2009-10 would have been our (Memphis') title year IMHO.

John Wall (1st round, 1st pick)
Elliot Williams (1st round, 22nd pick)
Xavier Henry (1st round, 12th pick)
Wesley Witherspoon
DeMarcus Cousins (1st round, 5th pick)
-------------------
Willie Kemp
Doneal Mack
Roburt Sallie
Will Coleman
Angel Garcia

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I hate that Billy Gillispie couldn't stay sober and coach UK one more season. 2009-10 would have been our (Memphis') title year IMHO.

Wesley Witherspoon
-------------------
Willie Kemp
Doneal Mack
Roburt Sallie
Will Coleman
Angel Garcia
One talent Cal does have is riding out of town ahead of the posse. Cal was going somewhere, it just ended up being Kentucky.

Reaction Score
If you are going to allow the injured player excuse, Iowa State (Niang), Arizona (Ashley), Kansas (Embiid), and a few others would have a better excuse than Kentucky.
Actually the strength of those schools was diminished with the loss of those players.
In Ky case the team.actually played their best ball after his minutes were reduced.
I'm not knocking the kid ,he may turn out to be a superstar The numbers say that team chemistry,and results were better without him. He could have been nursing injuries all year.
His situation could have been similar to ours with OC.

Reaction Score

Wesley Witherspoon
-------------------
Willie Kemp
Doneal Mack
Roburt Sallie
Will Coleman
Angel Garcia

It would have been vacated.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
He restocks his cabinet every year with McDs AA one-and-dones, and his gripe is that he was one injured player short of winning it all? Boo--hoo.

Suck it, Squid. 60-54. Scoreboard.

Seriously, after their one center goes down they need to go scrape the bottom of the barrel and get their backup McD AA Center and Forward to play. Must be tough. If anyone had close to that gripe it was Hoiberg.

Reaction Score
He's great at playing the "woe is me" card.

This ……….the woe is me was front and center during this whole interview. Even when Mike said to him "you have to push kids away when you recruit because you are Kentucky" he had some reply which made him look like UK had little to do with it, it's all him!

Mouth breathing slime….so hard to listen to. I try to listen and understand how parents can actually like or believe this man……it's really hard to fathom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom