Calipari on with Mike today FAN…... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calipari on with Mike today FAN…...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I met this sleaze when he was at UMass. After talking with him I had to reach back to see if my wallet was still there.
THAT'S how much of a Stop artist he felt like.
Every sentence he speaks is trying to make himself look like a guy who is against all odds.
If "I" win it's because of me, if '"they" lose it's because of the 20 excuses I just told you. You see.
Poor Ol' Kentucky!

If Kentucky won it was like "look at me I won with five freshmen starting"\
If Kentucky lost it was like "well, they're all freshmen"
He wants it both ways.

His freshmen are McDonald All-Americans. Almost all of them . The recruiting services rank almost all of them in the Top 15.
They have played in hundreds of games on the AAU circuit and are hardly considered freshmen with their experience.
He takes guys that would be top 3 picks in the NBA Draft (if they could come right out of HS) ... and DEVELOPS them into Top 15 picks!

His name should "Yeah,but".

Reaction Score
Oh yeah I forgot to add the line when he said " we should've lost by 20 to UCONN".
He has NO respect for Ollie!
NO respect for UCONN!!
NO respect for the game!!!

Reaction Score
Don't have the intense hate some here have for the squid. I just don't think he is a championship caliber coach.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone could coach Kentucky and get the recruits he gets, calamari is an average coach

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
His team beat Louisville, whom we lost to 3 times as well.
You don't see Ollie going out there making excuses for those losses... But speaking of Louisville my excuse is montrezl is not human :eek:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tubby Smith and Billy Gillispie didn't.

Agreed that apart from recruiting, Calipari is mediocre as a coach.

Tubby did win a national championship. And don't say "he didn't win with his guys". I wouldn't say it about Ollie either.

Reaction Score
Tough break for John. He only had 8 other McDonald kids to replace WCS with.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Anyone else listen to that interview today………had to run home and take a shower.

Don't feel bad I would have had to shower in the middle of that interview too!

Reaction Score
Three things:

1) Yes, I was surprised how Francesa stuck up for UConn. "They were tougher", "Wanted it more" or words to that effect, but when Squid was whining about the match-ups he got and how great they did to make it to the NC game...... It was like both of them left it at UConn played chopped liver or something.

2). After Squid leaves and Mike is taking calls, twice he makes comments that Squid is "a great recruiter and motivator, but not the best X and O's coach".

A few minutes later he gets a caller, John from Kentucky, and it's Squid basically saying you couldn't say that when I was in the studio that I'm not a great coach?" So Mike says "come on back up here and I'll say it to you, what I said to the callers, your a great recruiter and motivator, but there are better X and O guys, and you have to admit that".

3) In case you missed it, Francesa didn't even invite Squid on the show. Mike started out the show saying that he got a call from Squid the night before saying he "was in town recruiting because of the high school basketball competitions going on and wanted to come on the show. So, he asked if he could come in and be on the show, so I said 'yeah, you can come in if you want to' , so I guess we'll have John Calipari joining us later on"

What a self promoter, anything to get his name out there, especially with all the HS players in NYC at the same time. Invites himself on FS1 and WFAN to talk himself up. I can't remotely imagine KO doing something like that.

Reaction Score
Caught in the middle of the constant bs, was the Squid boasting that his team has had a 3.0 gpa for something like 18 straight semesters.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I can't remotely imagine KO doing something like that.

Actually, KO does do things like this.

Only difference is, he generally does it from the top of a ladder with a pair of scissors in his hand...

pj

Reaction Score
Tubby did win a national championship. And don't say "he didn't win with his guys". I wouldn't say it about Ollie either.

You're supporting my point. Tubby Smith is not known as a great coach (http://www.thedailygopher.com/2013/3/26/4149078/coach-smith-fired-for-all-the-right-reasons), yet his success level (one national title and a .760 winning percentage) was similar to Calipari's, who is regarded as an unparalleled recruiter. That suggests Calipari is a very mediocre coach, in all aspects of the game except recruiting.

Reaction Score
He restocks his cabinet every year with McDs AA one-and-dones, and his gripe is that he was one injured player short of winning it all? Boo--hoo.

Suck it, Squid. 60-54. Scoreboard.

Reaction Score
Mike loves KO, KO gave him some of his best interviews of the year to date. Around tourney time @ msg it was stellar. oh and i can't believe cal actually called back to argue haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom