Calipari on with Mike today FAN…... | The Boneyard

Calipari on with Mike today FAN…...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else listen to that interview today………had to run home and take a shower.

I will post it when it is available on the FAN site…….too much to talk about. But you have to give Mike his due:

Mike - "UConn just wanted it more, loose balls, steals, rebounds their guards had their way"

Squid- "Yeah, I don't want to take anything away form kevin and his team but it's a different game with Cauley Stein out there, they had 6 lay ups that never would have happened if he played"

Mike- "Yeah John but then they would have had to stop and make jump shots which they could do too. I don't think that was a difference maker, the guards were too good for you guys……"

Not verbatim but close…….nice job by Mike. Calismelli mentioned Stein many times to be sure everyone knows they would have won as well as "You know Mike we started 5 freshman in that game and no one has ever done that…" No a**wipe but please don't leave out that all 5 of them were in the Top 10 of HS players…………

"20 guys in the NBA"…. and "this job Eats you if you don't work hard every day" on the demands of Kentucky!!

Man the guy is slime! Okay rant over- can't stand the man! :LOL

Reaction Score
Someone once posted on this site that the biggest difference between Calhoun and Callipari is that while the one with three rings BS's you, the one with one ring BS's you and believes it.

Reaction Score
Someone once posted on this site that the biggest difference between Calhoun and Callipari is that while the one with three rings BS's you, the one with one ring BS's you and believes it.
i remember JC telling the media that pitino is a bullsh!tter who doesn't believe he is selling you bs, while calimari is a bs'er who knows he is selling bs.

Reaction Score
i remember JC telling the media that pitino is a bullsh!tter who doesn't believe he is selling you bs, while calimari is a bs'er who knows he is selling bs.

Maybe that is what I was thinking of.

Reaction Score

cal_snakeoil.png

caw

Reaction Score
I'm sure he's got a long list of excuses ready for if his team doesn't win it all next year. His roster is loaded.

I'm not sure I'd anoint them the favorite right now. Wisconsin, Duke and Zona have very good squads also. Stanley Johnson should be very good for Zona. I'm leaving UConn out so as not to be biased. UL could be very good also.

It's not as individually talented as last year, but there may be a dominate team or two.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I heard some of this.
I think Cal said " Derrick Rose can be the Best Ever "

Mike was like " huh what you're serious huh umm what "

I can't stand Cal.
It amazes me how many top recruits he gets.
I wonder what his Secret is.
clearly he sucks as a Coach.

top 5 recruiting class year in and year out.
1 national title.
Great Job.

Reaction Score
By the time Kentucky played the national title game those guys were Sophmores with having 40 games under their belt. Excuses don't win you titles. Congrats to Mike Fran!

Reaction Score
By the time Kentucky played the national title game those guys were Sophmores with having 40 games under their belt. Excuses don't win you titles. Congrats to Mike Fran!

"Butt, they are still freshmen" Calimari said after the Championship game (excuse-cough-cough).... This after he said they could go 40-0 in the preseason....

Reaction Score
Not verbatim but close…….nice job by Mike. Calismelli mentioned Stein many times to be sure everyone knows they would have won as well as "You know Mike we started 5 freshman in that game and no one has ever done that…" No a**wipe but please don't leave out that all 5 of them were in the Top 10 of HS players…………

No one with 5 freshmen has ever won the NC? Is that what he was saying? Yes, of course. Or is he saying nobody has ever started 5 freshmen in a national championship game? Michigan did that in the 1992 NC game.

Reaction Score

I will post it when it is available on the FAN site…….too much to talk about. But you have to give Mike his due:

Mike - "UConn just wanted it more, loose balls, steals, rebounds their guards had their way"

Squid- "Yeah, I don't want to take anything away form kevin and his team but it's a different game with Cauley Stein out there, they had 6 lay ups that never would have happened if he played"

Mike- "Yeah John but then they would have had to stop and make jump shots which they could do too. I don't think that was a difference maker, the guards were too good for you guys……"

"20 guys in the NBA"…. and "this job Eats you if you don't work hard every day" on the demands of Kentucky!!

I've posted this before, but he said the same things/acted the same way when he coached UMass. His brand is the best, and the only thing that matters. "We. Us. I. Mine.

Me. Me. Me. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Down. Down. Down (Daffy Duck reference)."

Slime is very appropriate. I still have mad respect for Chaney for threatening to choke him after that game.

Reaction Score
HooperScooper said:
No one with 5 freshmen has ever won the NC? Is that what he was saying? Yes, of course. Or is he saying nobody has ever started 5 freshmen in a national championship game? Michigan did that in the 1992 NC game.

And that was during an era when almost everyone stayed at least 3 years. I think Webber and Jason Kidd were among the first two-and-dones. And only a couple years later, we had KG coming in right out of HS. Much tougher for Michigan to do it during that era.

Reaction Score

Whenever someone prefaces a remark by something like "I don't wanna take anything away from Kevin and his kids but..." that's clearly exactly what they're intending to do. Guess since we took away a championship from his team and mostly from his unctuous self, I understand where he's coming from. UConn cares less about recruiting classes than they do about developing toughness and an unrelenting winning mentality.

pj

Reaction Score
If you are going to allow the injured player excuse, Iowa State (Niang), Arizona (Ashley), Kansas (Embiid), and a few others would have a better excuse than Kentucky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Never, NEVER compare Calhoun to the Squid again. Now turn in your Boneyard card and leave.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I was just about to hit the zzz when I got all riled up cause of my hatred for this guy. He's really playing the cauley stein card . Although cauley stein might be the only player who has played for Cal that I like (maybe cause he doesn't come off as I don't think I'm the best and seems to give 100% in every game) what is his excuse for losing to the Florida team (not once, not twice, but three times) that uconn was able to knock down twice. Also he should've just been happy to be at the NC and receive those extra bonuses cuz of those game winners from Harrison. You ran into real guards who play both ends that weren't going to lose- get over it Cal.

Reaction Score
I was just about to hit the zzz when I got all riled up cause of my hatred for this guy. He's really playing the cauley stein card . Although cauley stein might be the only player who has played for Cal that I like (maybe cause he doesn't come off as I don't think I'm the best and seems to give 100% in every game) what is his excuse for losing to the Florida team (not once, not twice, but three times) that uconn was able to knock down twice. Also he should've just been happy to be at the NC and receive those extra bonuses cuz of those game winners from Harrison. You ran into real guards who play both ends that weren't going to lose- get over it Cal.

It ruined his book: "I'm the best - blah blah blah"

him.

Reaction Score

His team beat Louisville, whom we lost to 3 times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom