C Zach Brown | Page 24 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ugh. Can we get back to Brown and stop coddling people who refuse to have nuance in their opinions? Yeah, the guy has been getting criticized by people consistently, but its because he consistently puts forth false dilemmas and speculation as fact. It's the sort of frustrating argument we've grown accustomed to on TV and radio, but is utterly vapid. Getting into this sort of conversation doesn't really help anyone. Let's just agree to move on.

So, Zach Brown?
To continue on topic no new news on Zach!

And nicely stated summation of things.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I can't tell but I think you are bullying me. Could you clarify that for me? I'd like to know if I should cry.
No new news on Zach Brown but some potentially good news recently posted about Vance Jackson by HooperScooper if you're interested.

Reaction Score
From 247:

The 2015 Hoop Exchange Florida Fall Festival was a unique event, which combined a team showcase event with an individual exposure event exclusively filled with Florida-based players. Scouts Scott Golden, Brad Winton, and Juan Bernal put together a very well-executed weekend, which allowed one to see over thirty teams from throughout Florida and an additional six rounds of games featuring over 150 players in the individual exposure event. The depth of talent in Florida was readily apparent. The following were twenty-one standouts at the Hoop Exchange Florida Fall Festival:

Zach Brown: Zach Brown, a 7' junior from Miami, was the most effective shot-blocker in attendance and avoided foul trouble that had plagued him in the past. Through the use of yoga and MMA training, Brown has steadily improved his flexibility and stamina. He used his length and ability to rebound with two hands high in traffic to control the boards. As the left-handed Brown matures, it will be imperative that he continues to develop his low-post game and adds more of a face-up game. In the individual showcase, the five-star center was able to score almost at will in the paint, frequently off of dribble dish-offs and offensive putbacks. Brown mentioned Connecticut, Miami, Kentucky, Florida, and UCLA as being among the schools expressing recent interest in him.

Reaction Score
They're both egregious ( and yes I'm guilty of making unsubstantiated claims). It's just easier to hide behind generalities. The logical counter argument to both generalized and specific aspects to an argument is to ask someone to prove something wrong when asked to prove something right. But of course an unstated claim has the defense that it never put out a claim. Except even that defense has flaws. If a child is being molested and no one makes a claim how is that non claim morally superior than an "unproven" accusation which may or may not be true?

Most arguments can't be proved conclusively if we have to rely on humanity to decide in the truth or falseness of things. It's the reason I prefer discourse over censorship. It has a better chance of solving problems even if those problems can never be solved completely.
Really! Your put in timeout!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Having a good memory is not the problem. It's letting negative things affect us negatively. It's a wiring habit that can almost always be undone. Every person has something that triggers a negative response. The key is to control that response. It shouldn't be done to be politically correct or to pretend we're measured when we're not. Those solutions have some benefit and can be starting places but they don't offer a lasting solution or a solution with depth. We can selectively retrain ourselves and retain that part of us which serves us and others better and reduce or remove that part or parts of us that does the opposite.

There is a poster in this forum who has made an incredible shift in his nature. And where at one time he was argumentative to the extreme, and was uncomfortable if not disliked by other posters, has realized that he can retain his beautiful passionate self ( I think he's one of the most beautifully passionate people in this forum), state his position, and realize that if or when others are unwilling to agree with him he moves on. It's not that he's backing down. He realizes he doesn't have to win every argument. He realizes that winning every argument is impossible. In the thread where people listed who were their top ten posters he made several peoples lists. I was so happy for him. Not because of the popularity contest but because his change is a healthy change and even people who don't go to the depth of trying to understand human nature to the degree I feel compelled to do recognized his transformation.
I think this is very freeing commentary . Act; don't react. I don't have to go to every fight I'm invited to. How important is it? Do I want to have someone taking up space in my head? I once heard that the definition of strife was "one-upmanship". If I take the bait (and I am not referring to anyone on this board......these are principles I had to learn the hard way....pain) I'm on the hook. It sometimes takes a long time to let go when all one has done is react for a long time. Insanity....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the outcome to be different.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
There is a poster in this forum who has made an incredible shift in his nature. And where at one time he was argumentative to the extreme, and was uncomfortable if not disliked by other posters, has realized that he can retain his beautiful passionate self ( I think he's one of the most beautifully passionate people in this forum)

Do you have a crush on Fishy?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I can't tell but I think you are bullying me. Could you clarify that for me? I'd like to know if I should cry.

You're ugly and you have a receding hairline. Might as well kill yourself or, worse, root for Providence or something.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Do you have a crush on Fishy?
Wasn't referring to Fishy in the post you quoted.

Not a crush but I think he's a person who I consider anointed - a special soul albeit he sometimes shows a less than special behavior now and then.

I was going to say "and then there's you"! But I didn't want to be accused of bullying you. So I thought better of it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yea, if we can just keep @mauconnfan from talking about Brimah he'll finally be rehabilitated.
Or OTT women's bb posters.:cool: But he has made tremendous strides which I think has done him a lot of good. Of course right after I made the post referencing him he targeted that women's poster for the comparison of Geno and Wooden and I said to myself there you go jinxing things. It's why I'm a person who finds himself saying "knock on wood" or we are DOOOOOOMMMMED!!! because invariably if I proclaim something positive the proverbial dung starts flying.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One of the worst ideas we've had in a very long time is the persistent recruit threads. I would like to kill the person who thought it was a good idea.

Threads here should have the lifespan of a house fly. Anything past that and they become a Brundlefly horror show.

We just do not have the ability to stay on the tracks for more than two or three pages. I don't even know how to describe what's happened to this thread - it's like a Dear Abby column on meth.

While we're 2,000 miles from the original topic, please note that it's Mau's birthday.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I can't tell if fleud was serious or running with my joke. Either way I love it.

@Fishy it's the Thursday before first night. This is the peak of withdrawal season. It's almost over.
And I was hoping you could help me decide!:cool:

Reaction Score
Mau, happy birthday you old horndog!
birthday.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads