C Zach Brown | Page 25 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never an easy day when I get to dad's bday and it's been 23 years for me. Hope you did okay harry! Thanks
I hear ya. It will be 27 years for me this December. My dad died in the middle of the night during finals week in my Junior year. I was studying with my GF, now wife, in her dorm room and crashed there. Campus police knocked on the door in the middle of the night to let me know. It kills me to this day that he never got to meet his grandkids. He missed so many things he would have loved. Soccer games, baseball games, basketball games and the grandson named after him giving his valedictory speech. My uncle was able to be there though and it really moved him. It has been tough on all of us and still is all these years later.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I hear ya. It will be 27 years for me this December. My dad died in the middle of the night during finals week in my Junior year. I was studying with my GF, now wife, in her dorm room and crashed there. Campus police knocked on the door in the middle of the night to let me know. It kills me to this day that he never got to meet his grandkids. He missed so many things he would have loved. Soccer games, baseball games, basketball games and the grandson named after him giving his valedictory speech. My uncle was able to be there though and it really moved him. It has been tough on all of us and still is all these years later.
He didn't miss them!

Reaction Score
I think this is the first time I've ever teared up reading the BY. Not a bad way at all to carry on his legacy it sounds like. I too am named after a grandfather I never got to meet (sure as heck wasn't the valedictorian though..., sorry grandpa).

Reaction Score
I think this is the first time I've ever teared up reading the BY. Not a bad way at all to carry on his legacy it sounds like. I too am named after a grandfather I never got to meet (sure as heck wasn't the valedictorian though..., sorry grandpa).
It was hard to write too. It is amazing how painful it still is after all this time. When I saw my uncle tear up at my son's graduation I almost lost it. I can only imagine how tough it was for him to hear his brother's name announced in an arena in that context. The rapid swings between sadness and pride were tough but, yeah it was more good than bad in the end. After a nice Italian meal and some wine...and shots...everyone was focused on the positive, past and present. The kid is the first in the family to go to an ivy league school and that is a big deal for a close family.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The kid is the first in the family to go to an ivy league school and that is a big deal for a close family.

Where's he going?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cornell for engineering. For now he is thinking engineering physics for a major. He wants to work on fusion power and propulsion, eventually. But he is on their Formula SAE team and is starting to love mechanical "stuff". Nothing like a race car to do that to you.

Outstanding - congratulations.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cornell for engineering. For now he is thinking engineering physics for a major. He wants to work on fusion power and propulsion, eventually. But he is on their Formula SAE team and is starting to love mechanical "stuff". Nothing like a race car to do that to you.
Yep congrats!

Reaction Score

One of my best friends growing up went to Cornell and now makes 6x as much money as I do computing things for CitiGroup, so this was a smart move.

Reaction Score
Wow, smart young man.

Reaction Score

Super great job! Congrats

Reaction Score
Happy Octoberfest Mau
Mine was a few days ago (10/11th).
Ditto on father (good friday '86) and mom (July 4th '96)
tough days for me.

Happy belated. My nephew is 11th.

Mom's 90, had to tell her she's staying in a home for good a few weekends ago. Tore me apart. Many of them did so much for us the reality of this all just sucks sometimes. The Boneyard is one of the few places you can hide and laugh and share something which isn't as important as everyday life but still keeps us smiling. I thank everyone for that part of it no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom