C Zach Brown | Page 26 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cornell for engineering. For now he is thinking engineering physics for a major. He wants to work on fusion power and propulsion, eventually. But he is on their Formula SAE team and is starting to love mechanical "stuff". Nothing like a race car to do that to you.

Congrats Paesano!

My son chose mechanical engineering, as well, although at UConn and enrolled in their Eurotech Program (double major in German), including a year abroad (Germany) and UConn facilitated an internship with a German aerospace company. He returned for MS in Engineering at UConn then back to europe to a Swiss school/research lab where he just got his PhD (computer science/artificial intel/robotics).

UConn engineering/Eurotec opened lots of doors for him...perhaps Cornell has similar program to Eurotech (highly recommend). Just a thought.

Best of luck to your son on his journey!

My only connection to Cornell is Hospital for Special Surgery which put this "humpty dumpty" back together again after a regrettable ski brain fart. Most grateful to fine HHS/Cornell doctors et al. :)

Reaction Score
I hear you Mau. Only people who have been through (and care about) the aging parent journey get it.
We have x5.

Reaction Score
Happy belated. My nephew is 11th.

Mom's 90, had to tell her she's staying in a home for good a few weekends ago. Tore me apart. Many of them did so much for us the reality of this all just sucks sometimes. The Boneyard is one of the few places you can hide and laugh and share something which isn't as important as everyday life but still keeps us smiling. I thank everyone for that part of it no doubt!
Yeah, that's a rough part of life. In the same way that fleud said missing people is the downside of love, getting old and dieing is the downside of living. And I hear you about them doing so much for us. Not only that but many of our parents lived through some tough times and coped with serious adversity. All we can do is roll with the punches and make the most of today. There is always something positive to channel your energy into, even if it can be tough to do that sometimes.

Reaction Score
October 4 was the 1 year anniversary of my dad's passing. His birthday is coming up on November 7. I understand it gets easier with time. I sure as hell hope so.
I can't imagine what that must be like. I'm still in the fantasy world that my parents will be around forever. I see things like this and I realize that's not the case. My heart bleeds blue for you CAHUSKY.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can't imagine what that must be like. I'm still in the fantasy world that my parents will be around forever. I see things like this and I realize that's not the case. My heart bleeds blue for you CAHUSKY.
Savor every moment you have with your love ones!

Reaction Score
Ya know, I posted here the night of the Final 8 two years ago about the emotional rush from that victory. I was almost bawling. Beating Michigan State was weirdly more of a rush for me than beating either Florida or Kentucky. My Dad who, through the early and mid 80s, used to close the store early after a 13 hour day, drive to my school in West Haven, pick me up, then drive to the HCC to watch the Huskies play hoops, had died 5 weeks earlier. One of the biggest wins in UConn history. It is in my personal top 5.

Reaction Score
Cornell for engineering. For now he is thinking engineering physics for a major. He wants to work on fusion power and propulsion, eventually. But he is on their Formula SAE team and is starting to love mechanical "stuff". Nothing like a race car to do that to you.

Congrats to your son Paesano. Mechanical engineering is the way to go! I'm a junior M.E. student at UHart and on our Formula SAE team. "Because race car" is basically my college life motto at the moment, and I'm sure your son is the similar. Cornell's team is sweet! They had one of my favorite cars at national competition this past May in Michigan.

Cornell FSAE.jpg

UConn's car is awesome too! They got 19th out of 120 teams this year I believe. UHart will be partnering up with them a bit this school year hopefully.

Car2.jpg

Reaction Score
Congrats to your son Paesano. Mechanical engineering is the way to go! I'm a junior M.E. student at UHart and on our Formula SAE team. "Because race car" is basically my college life motto at the moment, and I'm sure your son is the similar. Cornell's team is sweet! They had one of my favorite cars at national competition this past May in Michigan.

View attachment 10838

UConn's car is awesome too! They got 19th out of 120 teams this year I believe. UHart will be partnering up with them a bit this school year hopefully.

Car2.jpg
Let me know if you hear of an old car for sale. I know it's technically not allowed but we keep offering the UConn guys to buy there's after the year lol

Reaction Score
Its hidden behind a paywall so I couldn't read it, but he spoke to Riv@ls and said UConn's leads but he doesn't plan on committing to a school until his senior season.

Reaction Score
..and give verbal commitment to the Huskies.(?????)

Would be a great thing, but in a way, I hope he doesn't. Here's why. If he commits, theoretically we would stop recruiting other centers. However, other schools will continue to recruit Brown. That's what happens. So, should he waver, which is always a po$$ibility (if certain schools get involved), we are then left searching for another center when we've stopped recruiting them. Is that a crazy thought?

Reaction Score
Very excited about this kid . 7'1 beast , not the next Drummond but he has all the tools to be a top 5 pick .

Yeah let's fire Ollie ! Lmao wonder what boo would think

Reaction Score
Need this guy badly. Unheralded and project bigs aren't going to cut it going forward.

Reaction Score
Would be a great thing, but in a way, I hope he doesn't. Here's why. If he commits, theoretically we would stop recruiting other centers. However, other schools will continue to recruit Brown. That's what happens. So, should he waver, which is always a po$$ibility (if certain schools get involved), we are then left searching for another center when we've stopped recruiting them. Is that a crazy thought?

I'm just speaking for myself here but I don't think there's many other centers that I want. I'd like a commitment from Brown so we can put 100% effort into Diallo and Makai AL.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Waaaat? That's nonsensical. You don't want him to commit because you are afraid of other schools continuing to recruit him? They are going to burn even more resources doing so if his recruitment is still open. Don't count your chickens. Lock him up ASAP.

The solution is to continue recruiting him after a commitment. And we have the ultimate trump card here: Boo.

Reaction Score

Yes, that is a crazy thought that no sane person would ever have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom