C Zach Brown | Page 28 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm hearing some very peculiar things about Brown's academic situation, in particular that he may be leaving his current school for one we're more familiar with. I hesitate to get too specific since the sharks on here love to pounce if I even so much as suggest that something is possible and it doesn't happen, and the story I'm hearing seems too weird to make sense, but I suspect we'll find out soon if it's the case.

Oh, show some balls....pretty clear that you're insinuating that Zach is transferring to EO Smith.

If that doesn't happen, we'll know who to blame.

Reaction Score
KO better put together a game plan that calls for feeding Miller and Facey in the low post. Otherwise, Brown may wonder what he could be getting himself into.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping for this kid. If we could get him and Hamidou for '17, to go along with Adams, Gilbert, Jackson, an improved Enoch, a healthy Duram (sorry for some reason I'm not quite as high on our VCU transfer) - I think that team is really, really good. At least on paper. I miss having really good bigs.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping for this kid. If we could get him and Hamidou for '17, to go along with Adams, Gilbert, Jackson, an improved Enoch, a healthy Duram (sorry for some reason I'm not quite as high on our VCU transfer) - I think that team is really, really good. At least on paper. I miss having really good bigs.

Like this but I am very high on Larrier, kid's going to really good.

We do need a real center with size and ability though, this would be a great get and as you said, with the rest of that class wow! If Durham gets and stays healthy this could be a really special class - a really good true PG, a PF with a motor and strength, a shooter with a scorers mentality and size, a transfer with all around ability and great athleticism, a 6'11 kid who can score and is long and hopefully a true C who's left to top it off and has some skill and size coming in. Add Diallo and the depth is loaded with a returning Enosch, Adams.

Reaction Score

We do need a real center with size and ability though, this would be a great get and as you said, with the rest of that class wow! If Durham gets and stays healthy this could be a really special class - a really good true PG, a PF with a motor and strength, a shooter with a scorers mentality and size, a transfer with all around ability and great athleticism, a 6'11 kid who can score and is long and hopefully a true C who's left to top it off and has some skill and size coming in. Add Diallo and the depth is loaded with a returning Enosch, Adams.

Just anyone with some size and ability would be nice. I think Enoch has some legit talent, he just has to learn how to play and use that talent. But all of a sudden in two years, we potentially have a 6-10 Enoch who can play, hopefully Durham at full strength at 6-11 with some stretch skills, a dirty work guy in Diarra, and maybe a 7-1 monster in Brown? That's some sick talent up front; probably as good, if not better than anything we've ever had (at least on paper.) If Gilbert, Adams, Diallo are your backcourt and Larrier at the 3? Looks pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
I'm

I'm probably off on Larrier and basing things on a low FG%. But, my God, I want Duram healthy. He just looked like a taller Donyell. If these pieces all come together, we should be FF bound.
Brown looks like such a potential monster. Excited for the next few years!

Reaction Score
I'm

I'm probably off on Larrier and basing things on a low FG%. But, my God, I want Duram healthy. He just looked like a taller Donyell. If these pieces all come together, we should be FF bound.
Brown looks like such a potential monster. Excited for the next few years!
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm kind of wait and see with Larrier. I'll say cautiously optimistic. He is athletic and talented, but as you mentioned, his shooting percentages were horrific last year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
a 6-10 Enoch who can play, hopefully Durham at full strength at 6-11 with some stretch skills, a dirty work guy in Diarra, and maybe a 7-1 monster in Brown? That's some sick talent up front; probably as good, if not better than anything we've ever had (at least on paper.) If Gilbert, Adams, Diallo are your backcourt and Larrier at the 3? Looks pretty impressive.

2004 -- the front court rotation with Emeka, Charlie, Josh and The Unit was scary effective, and our perimeter had Ben, Shad, Denham and Taliek.

Reaction Score
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm kind of wait and see with Larrier. I'll say cautiously optimistic. He is athletic and talented, but as you mentioned, his shooting percentages were horrific last year.

He took terrible shots in a free-for-all offense. That's how I rationalize his low percentages. I'm assuming that KO will reel him in a bit so that he takes good shots within the scope of whatever offense we claim to run.

Reaction Score
2004 -- the front court rotation with Emeka, Charlie, Josh and The Unit was scary effective, and our perimeter had Ben, Shad, Denham and Taliek.

How bout 06? Hilton, Josh, Rudy, Ed Nelson, Jeff Adrien. That's when Hilton was obviously at his best. That team was so loaded with Marcus at the point and Denham and Rashad from the perimeter. Still can't believe we lost to George Mason. They just never really came together as a team. Just out-talented most.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Brown is scheduled to exit CT before the storm of the century... Not sure if a foot of snow would help recruiting a kid from the deep south..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm probably off on Larrier and basing things on a low FG%. But, my God, I want Duram healthy.

Remember the kid was only a frosh at VCU. Not everybody comes in and busts the doors off from day 1. It'll be interesting to see what he brings next year. He's had an extra year to (presumably) work on his shooting too.

Like Rodney, I expect him to take a while to kick the rust off though.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Brown is scheduled to exit CT before the storm of the century... Not sure if a foot of snow would help recruiting a kid from the deep south..
Every kid is different though. For a college kid who doesn't have to commute in snow, a change in scenery might be a welcome thing. I've lived in different parts of the country, including Storrs. The CT winters bothered me less when I was a college kid walking or taking buses around campus, compared to being an adult who has to deal with it on a totally different level. I'm sure he and Amida will have a good talk on the CT vs. FL weather. Apparently the CT winters didn't scare off him.

Reaction Score

Maybe a 7 foot problem?

1c4d3542-f7f5-4b43-917e-894bb45264a6_zpsqhicwndm.png

fbcadae2-338f-4a58-a6ba-cb6785652487_zpsxenvd9zb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads