Brunelle To ND | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recruiting is by definition filled with risks.
There are no "inroads" where UCONN (or ND) does not have access or can't create access. Long list of recent player that said no to UCONN for ND.
Skylar Diggins
Breanna Turner
Taya Reimer
Kat Wesbeld
Erin Boley
Jewell Loyd
Arike

and add Lauren Cox, Aja Wilson and many more to other teams............the difference is that SB wanted UConn according to the OP..........I don't think UConn in effect pulled offers to those other players without having replacement recruits at their positions...............they simply chose other programs.................is UConn still dealing from a position of strength with the majority of top recruits? That's the question that will be answered in the coming months...............my daughter lucked her way into a couple of elite camps this summer and I will be sure to ask some parents of top 100 recruits what their perceptions of UConn are these days.........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
upload_2018-4-9_12-24-50.png

You're not lying, Sam.

Reaction Score
View attachment 30531

You're not lying, Sam.

hey nobody forced her to make a big formal announcement..............she could just have tweeted the name of her school!!!! the real question is whether she's using a video, balloons, shirts, musical chairs, pets, small irish people or other props to make her announcement..........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
hey nobody forced her to make a big formal announcement....she could just have tweeted the name of her school!!!! the real question is whether she's using a video, balloons, shirts, musical chairs, pets, small irish people or other props to make her announcement.....

Any excuse for an ice cream social will do.

Reaction Score
hey nobody forced her to make a big formal announcement....she could just have tweeted the name of her school!!!! the real question is whether she's using a video, balloons, shirts, musical chairs, pets, small irish people or other props to make her announcement.....
Yeah teenagers... complaining about the drama that they created because they wanted drama. UConn recruits do this as well. A sign of the times.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
and add Lauren Cox, Aja Wilson and many more to other teams..the difference is that SB wanted UConn according to the OP.....I don't think UConn in effect pulled offers to those other players without having replacement recruits at their positions.....they simply chose other programs.......is UConn still dealing from a position of strength with the majority of top recruits? That's the question that will be answered in the coming months.....my daughter lucked her way into a couple of elite camps this summer and I will be sure to ask some parents of top 100 recruits what their perceptions of UConn are these days....
If SB wanted UCONN she could have committed when the UCONN offer was extended some 20 months ago. She did the extremely smart thing , evaluated All her options and set a timeframe to make her decision. In the time it has taken her to do the evaluation the circumstances changed and other players emerged. That is a risk that Samantha took and on the flip side UCONN would have been taking a risk because SB cannot be officially committed until November of 2018-Charli Collier comes to mind. Contrast Samantha with Anaya Peoples who visited UCONN got an offer from ND and committed to ND on the spot because that was her dream school. I don't see any unfairness in either approach. UCONN ( & ND) as much as it pains me to say it will always be dealing from a position of strength as long as they are in the NC picture.

Reaction Score
*Thinks*
*Looks at post count*
You know what, you're right!

I think you are looking at this from the wrong side. Fans of all teams tend to wax poetic about their own players and their own recruits and it's only when they lose those players that the scales fall from their eyes and they see clearly. I think that was the case with Wilson & now with Brunelle. It has also been the case on the Irish board, the Vol board, etc. I am constantly amazed how year after year fans go gaga over high school performances. The only board that does that more than this one is the Vol board where they expect their freshmen to shine immediately but also lead them to the FF.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Well, personally, Mint Chip Ice Cream would be appropriate and more than enough! :D

Reaction Score
Well, personally, Mint Chip Ice Cream would be appropriate and more than enough! :D

mint chip is my favorite flavor but starting this summer I'm going to make sure to get the Breyers brand which doesn't have that awful green food coloring in it!!!!!!:D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yeah teenagers... complaining about the drama that they created because they wanted drama. UConn recruits do this as well. A sign of the times.
Somebody around here must have the photo of Stewie signing her LOI on the hood of her dad’s car. Not a lot of drama in that, unless you’re a car enthusiast.

Reaction Score
Somebody around here must have the photo of Stewie signing her LOI on the hood of her dad’s car. Not a lot of drama in that, unless you’re a car enthusiast.

now a days they only do that when the recruit gets to keep the car.............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In today's world she would be the exception. And she was always going to UConn anyway, so there was no point in having any kind of ceremony for something everyone already knew.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In today's world she would be the exception. And she was always going to UConn anyway, so there was no point in having any kind of ceremony for something everyone already knew.
So on April 15, will there be any real suspense that Brunelle is going to ND? Will she have 3 different ND hats on a table and then pick the green one?

Reaction Score
So on April 15, will there be any real suspense that Brunelle is going to ND? Will she have 3 different ND hats on a table and then pick the green one?
Not sure it's as clear cut with her. She does have a list of schools though she has been considered an ND lean for a while now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure it's as clear cut with her. She does have a list of schools though she has been considered an ND lean for a while now.
If Brunelle announces anyone other than ND, that would truly be dramatic.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
mint chip is my favorite flavor but starting this summer I'm going to make sure to get the Breyers brand which doesn't have that awful green food coloring in it!!!!!!:D

Uh, Charlie ... have you done the melt test on your Breyers? Take a big dallop and swack it onto a room temperature plate and come back much later. Did it melt or just droop? If it just drooped, you may want to shell out a couple three more bucks for your ice cream.

Reaction Score
Uh, Charlie ... have you done the melt test on your Breyers? Take a big dallop and swack it onto a room temperature plate and come back much later. Did it melt or just droop? If it just drooped, you may want to shell out a couple three more bucks for your ice cream.

Has anyone tried the new Cadbury egg flavored ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom