Brunelle To ND | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She did not pick the Irish over UConn. Sources familiar with the process indicate that the Huskies did not offer Brunelle a scholarship. Instead, UConn focused its front-court recruiting efforts on Aliyah Boston, a 6-foot-4 forward from Worcester Academy and also a junior. The timeline for her college decision is unknown.
That contradicts other sources who indicated back in 2016 that UConn had offered Brunelle.

Brunelle picks up UConn offer

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wait... what? So now UConn didn't even offer Sam? Aren't there articles quoted as saying the opposite?

I'm thinking the offer was pulled but this is a way of saving face (for who exactly, not sure... ).

UConn's missed on plenty of top-rated players (Wilson, Turner, Cox, Durr and Charli Collier in recent years) and never worried about "saving face." They're usually very honest about things.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Pravda...sorry...the Hartford Courant works fast :rolleyes:;):
Don't like what happening here because it it so wrong and I feel like I being "spun"-hard. I 'm not sure it was the Courant but it was a Conn. based paper that reported the Brunlee UCONN offer when she visited in Fall of 2016. Also doesn't make sense and defies history because UCONN has been involved with every #1 recruit since like forever. Geno had precious few days off in fall '16 & winter of '17 , Geno (not the staff) went to see Samatha play twice during that time. Lastly Boston and Brunelle play different positions.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't like what happening here because it it so wrong and I feel like I being "spun"-hard. I 'm not sure it was the Courant but it was a Conn. based paper that reported the Brunlee UCONN offer when she visited in Fall of 2016. Also doesn't make sense and defies history because UCONN has been involved with every #1 recruit since like forever. Geno had precious few days off in fall '16 & winter of '17 , Geno (not the staff) went to see Samatha play twice during that time. Lastly Boston and Brunelle play different positions.
FYI

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't like what happening here because it it so wrong and I feel like I being "spun"-hard. I 'm not sure it was the Courant but it was a Conn. based paper that reported the Brunlee UCONN offer when she visited in Fall of 2016. ... Lastly Boston and Brunelle play different positions.

I don't get the lack of offer report, but it's certainly possible, perhaps probable, that UConn likes Boston (and Jones or Amihere) more for their style or even overall. Brunelle may not be a pure post like Boston but she is usually labeled a forward.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn's missed on plenty of top-rated players (Wilson, Turner, Cox, Durr and Charli Collier in recent years) and never worried about "saving face." They're usually very honest about things.
I don't get the lack of offer report, but it's certainly possible, perhaps probable, that UConn likes Boston (and Jones or Amihere) more for their style or even overall. Brunelle may not be a pure post like Boston but she is usually labeled a forward.

@Sluconn Husky it is not the saving face part that concerns me. It is the speed of the denial of an offer from "sources familar with the process" It looks like it was less than 15 minutes. Also why bring Boston's name into the denial.

Reaction Score
I have a different take. I think this is great. We were so dominant with Stewie, as well as the past two years it’s going to be fun if the ND vs UCONN rivalry heats up. Let’s respect SAMMY but let’s love to beat her!! Let them land some great players, let’s see if we can land some as well! I’m all for a more hated rivality again!!
Healthy and fun!!

Can’t wait

JS

Reaction Score
Yes there are. Here's one from October 2016 after her visit to Storrs:

My impression was she did have an early offer, or thought she did, then couldn't get it confirmed at her visit around New Year's, nor at some point thereafter when someone in her camp sought clarification.

Offer if it existed not explicitly pulled, but the recruiting process had stopped, and 2018 communications from UConn were slim to none. I suppose this can be construed (kind of) as no offer, at least not when it counted.

I don't see this as an important point. One can argue how best to handle such a situation. Hope she has a happy college career and doesn't become a super-recruiter of others, a la, say, Keirsten Walters or, for that matter, Diamond.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky it is not the saving face part that concerns me. It is the speed of the denial of an offer from "sources familar with the process" It looks like it was less than 15 minutes. Also why bring Boston's name into the denial.

Not all that speedy when UConn knew she wasn't coming to Storrs long ago. People were likely informed and waiting for her decision to be public before reporting.

As for Boston, I guess they are simply relaying that UConn is heavily involved with her. I have no problem with that, just wish they'd have mentioned Jones too.

Reaction Score
It seems pretty clear that questions about Brunelle and the supposed UConn offer were going to be asked if she chose another school especially ND...........like some have been saying all along, something doesn't seem to make sense............that in itself is not that big a deal but if UConn doesn't get the 2019/2020s that it's been targeting then there will be some real problems going forward.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have a different take. I think this is great. We were so dominant with Stewie, as well as the past two years it’s going to be fun if the ND vs UCONN rivalry heats up. Let’s respect SAMMY but let’s love to beat her!! Let them land some great players, let’s see if we can land some as well! I’m all for a more hated rivality again!!
Healthy and fun!! Can’t wait
ND just got better and that's a good thing?
upload_2018-4-15_17-35-32.jpeg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hope she has a happy college career and doesn't become a super-recruiter of others, a la, say, Keirsten Walters or, for that matter, Diamond.

This concerns me more than her addition to Notre Dame itself though I think she'll be very good.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
This is starting to sound like "You can't break up with me because I broke up with you first," or "You can't fire me because I quit." Jones still is out there so maybe as happened when UConn got ONO after Collier went elsewhere, this works out well, too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Gonna be a reaaaaal interesting U17 tryout:

USA 35-player squad for FIBA U17 Women’s Basketball World Cup 2018

Sarah Andrews - River Baldwin - Aliyah Boston - Fran Belibi
Samantha Brunelle - Paige Bueckers - Cameron Brink - Jakia Brown-Turner
Maddie Burke - Allison Campbell -Caitlin Clark - Zia Cooke
Amari DeBerry - Elauna Eaton - Azzi Fudd -Sasha Goforth
Nyah Green - Hannah Gusters - Jordan Horston -Treasure Hunt
Gabby Hutcherson - Angel Jackson - Rickea Jackson - Haley Jones
Natalija Marshall -Jordyn Merritt - Diamond Miller- Jordyn Oliver
Ramani Parker - Sydney Parrish- Ashten Prechtel - Angel Reese
Celeste Taylor - Hailey Van Lith - Kylee Watson​

Reaction Score
I hope this doesn't turn out to be Geno's biggest recruiting blunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom