Brunelle To ND | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My name is Mdoggie and I am a UconnWBBaholic. I afraid I might relapse if "we" dont land Sam.
I need a sponsor available ASAP! Lol

Reaction Score
Somebody around here must have the photo of Stewie signing her LOI on the hood of her dad’s car. Not a lot of drama in that, unless you’re a car enthusiast.

Someone has posted a pict of Stewie w/ her mas. The woman knows how to do things w/ cars. No drama? It continues to be the most talked about act of all the signing acts.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Someone has posted a pict of Stewie w/ her mas. The woman knows how to do things w/ cars. No drama? It continues to be the most talked about act of all the signing acts.
What about Megatron's signing? Isn't someone having a special announcement on a Sunday at 4pm that's been publicized for days now all over Twitter

Reaction Score
So on April 15, will there be any real suspense that Brunelle is going to ND? Will she have 3 different ND hats on a table and then pick the green one?

No! Brunelle, Bueckers, and Fudd going to ND has been the worst kept secret in WCBB recruiting over the past few months.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to believe UConn and many UConn fans now prefer Haley Jones. That doesn't make people suddenly trying to find fault with Brunelle any less funny to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Going through some of these posts I do not understand the logic. So when does a program "stop" recruiting because they have other high prospects on their radar?

Why would anyone cool on a player because a couple bad games (international play) or because defense needs work. Every HS player has tons to work on, even graduating college players for that matter. To me it come down to a few things.

Fit with team/culture, talent/potential and coachability. She is a top talent period, nothing on the court at this point is going to change a desire to recruit her outside of starting fights etc..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So when does a program "stop" recruiting because they have other high prospects on their radar?
I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this. Have you ever looked for a job?

Why would anyone cool on a player because a couple bad games (international play) or because defense needs work. Every HS player has tons to work on, even graduating college players for that matter.
Then why not pick the player who needs the least work or the one that did not have a bad couple of games?

To me it come down to a few things.
Fit with team/culture, talent/potential and coachability.
Ditto for the UCONN coaching staff I'm positive.

She is a top talent period, nothing on the court at this point is going to change a desire to recruit her outside of starting fights etc..
What about: "fit with team/culture, talent/potential and coachability"?

She is a top talent period, nothing on the court at this point is going to change a desire to recruit her outside of starting fights etc..
That is a pretty low bar for any recruit isn't it? This would have only eliminated T'ea Cooper.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this. Have you ever looked for a job?

Then why not pick the player who needs the least work or the one that did not have a bad couple of games?

Ditto for the UCONN coaching staff I'm positive.

What about: "fit with team/culture, talent/potential and coachability"?

That is a pretty low bar for any recruit isn't it? This would have only eliminated T'ea Cooper.

dumping Brunelle if in fact that's what happened is an awfully big risk to take unless Jones is signed sealed and delivered to UConn.......... if Jones ends up staying on the west coast Geno's decision making is going to look awfully bad

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
dumping Brunelle if in fact that's what happened is an awfully big risk to take unless Jones is signed sealed and delivered to UConn..... if Jones ends up staying on the west coast Geno's decision making is going to look awfully bad
Lol!
i-hate-when-that-happens.jpg

Reaction Score
These are the facts:
1. Sam is announcing her college decision today
2. Uconn is included in her finalists
3. There will be ice cream

any additional "insider" information (especially from random, new posters) should be taken with a grain of salt. Therefore, I hope Sam, her family, and friends all have a wonderful time today!! No matter where she lands, one university is going to get an awesome student-athlete!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I love when speculation starts to run rampant (NOT!) about Brunelle being ditched and the various speculations on the UConn staff. As noted hundreds of times here, these are teenagers who make decisions based on unknown facts. Having been through the recruiting cycle, programs I felt were good for my kids were not their views. As it is the athlete themselves that has to fit into the coaching staff and the fellow athletes, any number of issues can come up over time that the athlete feels a bit put off about while another school rises. I think this is the case with Brunelle-something in her communications with UConn became concerning and/or something with her communications with another school (ND) became more enlightening. That's ok. I would have loved Brunelle to slot into the KLS role but it appears that won't be happening. We shall see in 4 hours. Remember a year ago, we had Charlie Collier but no ONO or Christyn Williams so I have faith that Geno and the staff will assess the program needs and recruit accordingly. Yes, we should get excited about the chase of players we know on the radar but likewise we should not be condemning the player nor the coaching staff when a chase fizzles-it's part of the process and to get negative does not help the karma!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom