OT: - British Open | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: British Open

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lowry making it very hard for anyone but Fleetwood to have a chance. Just s great round!

He's been unconscious since the 3rd hole. Even the couple of bad shots he had turned out to be decent lies he could work with... and that lucky bounce he had on 10 from the long stuff... everything going for him.

If he can manage a 66 in whatever crap weather is headed in tomorrow, he'll have the record for lowest score relative to par in a major at -21.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Lowry was unreal today. Obviously his to lose tomorrow - but he's done that before. Still like his chances particularly with the home field advantage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lowry has been great but they call him Flushwood for a reason. Worse the weather gets, the better good iron players look.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Weather is reasonable so far but no one making an early charge.

Gotta love waking up on a Sunday morning and having the final round under way.

If weather holds up I can catch the final round in TV and bust out a round myself and still be home by 5pm.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If weather holds up I can catch the final round in TV and bust out a round myself and still be home by 5pm.

Color me envious. It's killing me watching this. Been dealing with some major stenosis issues past 5 weeks which has pretty much laid me up from any activity, including my job. But in early June I played my first round of year and was hitting it better than I have in 3-4 years, partly I think due to losing 25 lbs - weight that I believe turned my usual fade into a duck hook due to change in rotation plane. Hoping to get back on a course before leaves come down.

Fowler's round is over before he's even hit one in bounds.

Reaction Score
Ricky Flowler gets a bad break on hole one because a marshall is not paying attention to the golfers teeing off. It drives me nuts to see that happen.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Justin Thomas brought both his A game and his pants game.

Reaction Score
Ricky Flowler gets a bad break on hole one because a marshall is not paying attention to the golfers teeing off. It drives me nuts to see that happen.

Yeah me too on the marshalls it amazes me how clueless they are.

But Ricky just continues to gag.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Rickie is a choker. Chokers choke. (Just as I write this post, he finds a bunker on 8.)

If Lowry plays par golf from here on out, he wins this by 5. Everyone else but Westwood is tripping over themselves to see how many bogeys they can card.

Tommy can’t putt, Koepka and Holmes played themselves out after 4 holes and Westwood needs a miracle.

Barring a monsoon this will probably be anti-climactic.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Lowry plays par golf from here on out, he wins this by 5. Everyone else but Westwood is tripping over themselves to see how many bogeys they can card.

Barring a monsoon this will probably be anti-climactic.

It's not Tiger at Pebble as far as score goes, but it certainly feels like it.

Good for Lowry. After that shaky start he's playing this course and the conditions beautifully, staying under the wind and finding good positions. Short game is about perfect.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Got a chuckle that Westwood gets to take the umbrella away from his gf to leave her get soaked and it's perfectly OK under the circumstances.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lowry can start drinking early, he is not losing this.

Yep. He is playing against the weather, not the course or opponents.

10 holes of attriting losses. Each decent shot takes a potential huge number out of play. No one is shooting under par for their remaining holes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Coming out of the turn, thought Westwood had a decent chance of 2nd. His putter has totally failed him on back 9. Might be that 46 years and cold and wet getting to him.

Those three missed straight putts from inside 6' likely cost him $700K. Helen can't be happy about that ;-)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom