OT: - British Open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: British Open

Reaction Score
I’m on Rory McIllroy despite the terrible odds. He’s playing well, Dominated the old course here, He’ll be motivated in front of his home crowd/hasn’t won a major in a while, the course of filled with these long approach shots something that he’s great at.
Rory’s strokes gained tee to green is otherworldly. .6 strokes in front of the next guy (Justin Thomas)

Reaction Score
I’m on Rory McIllroy despite the terrible odds. He’s playing well, Dominated the old course here, He’ll be motivated in front of his home crowd/hasn’t won a major in a while, the course of filled with these long approach shots something that he’s great at.

Can the crowd make him in to the putter he is not for a weekend? We will see but he's just not a good putter, streaky is the best I can come up with but he misses too many I should make.

Reaction Score
I think Cantlay has the best value out there right now, but I think Mcilroy is the most likely to win. Not touching him at those odds though.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Spieth is 45-1 on my DraftKings app. Probably closer to where he should be too.
45-1 is definitely closer to where he should be. I kind of feel like he got a little lucky earlier in his career. He was making long putts, holing out from bunkers, etc at a ridiculous clip at opportune times. Some of that was skill but a lot of that was luck.

Reaction Score
Rory McIlroy 8-1
Brooks Koepka 10-1
Dustin Johnson 12-1
Tiger Woods 16-1
Jon Rahm 16-1
Justin Rose 20-1
Francesco Molinari 20-1
Xander Schauffele 20-1
Patrick Cantlay 25-1
Tommy Fleetwood 25-1
Rickie Fowler 25-1
Jason Day 30-1
Adam Scott 30-1
Louis Oosthuizen 30-1
Justin Thomas 40-1
Hideki Matsuyama 40-1
Matt Kuchar 40-1
Bryson DeChambeau 40-1
Paul Casey 50-1
Henrik Stenson 50-1
Graeme McDowell 50-1
Marc Leishman 50-1
Matt Wallace 50-1
Going chalk: Rory McIlroy

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I took Rahm, Rose, and Molinari. Hopefully I’m not hedging like crazy come Saturday

Reaction Score
45-1 is definitely closer to where he should be. I kind of feel like he got a little lucky earlier in his career. He was making long putts, holing out from bunkers, etc at a ridiculous clip at opportune times. Some of that was skill but a lot of that was luck.

Spieth is an interesting guy - hasn't won since 2017 and it feels like forever since he was dominant (2015). I think mainly its from losing his putting form. He was such an incredible putter then and to your point, was excellent at nailing the long putt. In 2018 he wasn't even top-100 in strokes gained from putting. Hard to win when the entire field is putting better than you.

He's only 25 but when I watch him now I feel like he lost his mental edge a bit and he legit feels this pressure.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm picking between Scott and Cantley.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spieth is an interesting guy - hasn't won since 2017 and it feels like forever since he was dominant (2015). I think mainly its from losing his putting form. He was such an incredible putter then and to your point, was excellent at nailing the long putt. In 2018 he wasn't even top-100 in strokes gained from putting. Hard to win when the entire field is putting better than you.

He's only 25 but when I watch him now I feel like he lost his mental edge a bit and he legit feels this pressure.

Spieth, Justin Thomas and a couple of others from the "Bro Club" are going form being wunderkid prodigies surrounded by their families to moving on to having their own families, relationships and business stuff.

I get some good second/third hand info about players (A friend who worked with a player's father-in-law turned business mgr) that there is plenty of pull between their parents who helped forge their careers, and girlfriends/wives and sponsors, etc. Need to remember they are still kids (under age 25) and have a ton of money and access way before they're fully ready to handle it. No different than other sports. Most of these kids dropped out of college to start their golfing careers, and similar to pros in other sports, have so many people trying to get their claws in them.

You only need a bit of focus loss to go from major champion to run of the mill jobber on the tour. For Spieth I think he worried way to early about needing to get longer off the tee and his accuracy got destroyed. And, as others have noted in this thread, his putting has regressed to the norm.

Reaction Score
It’s for SEO purposes.

SEO?

I don't care who calls it what. I've always called it the British Open and if for some reason I was announcing it, I'd probably do it there too.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I got manufactured outrage for calling it the British Open and not the Open Championship.

What do I win?
It will always be the British Open in my eyes.

Reaction Score
SEO?

I don't care who calls it what. I've always called it the British Open and if for some reason I was announcing it, I'd probably do it there too.
Lol it was a joke. I was actually listening to some podcasts and that’s why they said they titled it “British Open”

Reaction Score
Rory +5 after 3 holes wow. He can make that up but not exactly the start anyone expected at his “home” course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom