Breaking news regarding KO on espn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Breaking news regarding KO on espn

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Just woke up to the news here in Europe. I guess it’s good news from the standpoint of the program, if we are not facing punishment. But I can’t help but feel bad for KO. What a mess he is in. He was way over his head being a HC at a major program. Never should have happened in the first place. But it did. Add to it his problems with his ex, man I would not want to be in his shoes right now.

From the penthouse to the outhouse. Unreal. What a complete tragedy.

Happy to see the University coming out good and being able to sign Hurley to an official contract now.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Sympathy? Not me. He played a scorched earth hand, and now looks the fool. His wounds are entirely self inflicted.
When I feel sympathy churn a little toward KO I immediately think of the term you used...that scorched Earth tactic KO utilized.

Screw him.

His divorce was the beginning of his downward spiral.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The show cause is no big deal if he plans on working in the NBA. Right? I doubt he walks away with zero. I’m guessing 3/4 million. How would you like that if you were accused of being terrible at your job?

Yes.

But I’m curious how the recent McNair ruling affects this.

Could cause a major circuit split, scotus May have to take on the ncaa again.

Spoiler alert: it hasn’t always gone well for the cartel when that happens.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sympathy? Not me. He played a scorched earth hand, and now looks the fool. His wounds are entirely self inflicted.
Not sure whether you have to lay that at the feet of his counsel, or perhaps the hybrid representation of counsel and the union. But it is entirely possible that they gave KO good advice and he let his emotions overwhelm his better judgement.

I think I'm more with Fishy on this. KO was a good player, ambassador and a HC who got us another championship before it all went to [feces]. He definitely overplayed his hand, which, as I've noted previously, was strongest before his counsel started the mudfest. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, though it's not he's struggling for lunch money now. I wish him the best and I look forward to when he's ready to rejoin the family.

CL82

Reaction Score
Where are all the kudos for AD Dave? Looks like he got rid of a program-killing coach without paying the prohibitive buyout while replacing him with the new coach we needed.
He couldn't have had anything to do with it. I've heard he and "Susielax" are the worst ever at their respective positions.:confused:

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
So GM brought up the alleged $30k payoff to save the University not because he was bitter.
So JC say "WTF Glenn..." when he found out his testimony?

Reaction Score
Easy takes from it all:

KO was doomed all because of him and him only.

Whatever KO did to help his job and life unravel, if that wasn't enough Glen Miller being a huge rat (rabid), pulled the trigger with the final shot to the forehead

We have Danny Hurley and a new outlook on UConn basketball again, things are fun around here and it is actually looking like we're headed back in the right direction. Let's not worry about this crap anymore.

Reaction Score
GM is supposed to stand by and watch KO drive us straight into another NCAA scandal, because nobody likes a rat? The latest story just provides more evidence to me how stupid KO and his buddies actually are.
Maybe Miller should have quit or went to admin before he got fired. After just seems like revenge. I'm glad KO is gone because he wasn't getting the job done but I would have liked to see a better end for him

Reaction Score
Not sure whether you have to lay that at the feet of his counsel, or perhaps the hybrid representation of counsel and the union. But it is entirely possible that they gave KO good advice and he let his emotions overwhelm his better judgement.

I think I'm more with Fishy on this. KO was a good player, ambassador and a HC who got us another championship before it all went to [feces]. He definitely overplayed his hand, which, as I've noted previously, was strongest before his counsel started the mudfest. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, though it's not he's struggling for lunch money now. I wish him the best and I look forward to when he's ready to rejoin the family.
You bring up perfectly valid points. However, as someone who deals daily with lawyers, I always keep in mind;

1) Lawyers are bred to litigate. Their first inclination is always to fight. Its in their DNA. Its also how they get paid the most.
2) You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for the direction of your litigation strategy and actions of your counsel. The pitbulls dont go crazy if you keep them on the leash.
3) KO wasnt some naive waif in all this. He has been around enough lawyers in his life to know points 1 & 2.

C

Chief00

So JC say "WTF Glenn..." when he found out his testimony?
Somebody had to get Glen out of his bitter funk after literally NO ONE had any interest in hiring him. He had a sense of entitlement that was truly amazing.
Given KO’s issues and capability of denial - it was really scary that these two dudes were steering the ship. No wonder it hit an iceberg.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody had to get Glen out of his bitter funk after literally NO ONE had any interest in hiring him. He had a sense of entitlement that was truly amazing.
Given KO’s issues and capability of denial - it was really scary that these two dudes were steering the ship. No wonder it hit an iceberg.
I’m convinced GM told you to stop hanging around the program.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Danny Griffin officially makes allegations against GM - that might mess up Calhoun’s plans. Trying to recall if GM had a rat type immunity deal with the NCAA?

I would not be particularly concerned if I was Miller.

Reading through Griffin's list of "violations", I didn't see any.

He seems to think Miller asking him for phone numbers is a violation.

And I don't understand why anyone is mad at Miller....you understand that he was being interviewed by the NCAA, the organization that could end his career if they decided he didn't cooperate with them? If Ollie was going off the rails, I'm glad it came out when it did, because it would have gotten much, much worse.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"It is not a surprise that the Notice of Allegations mimics the University of Connecticut's position in the arbitration as there is every reason to believe that the NCAA would support its member," Jacques Parenteau, Ollie's attorney, said in a statement.

Ollie's attorney needs to stop with the statements meant to sway public opinion. It's in an arbiter's hands now.

Ollie is right, but that doesn't help him legally. It doesn't matter if UCONN drew a road map for the NCAA investigators. Ollie is still guilty if he did those things, and that may be enough to void his contract.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would not be particularly concerned if I was Miller.

Reading through Griffin's list of "violations", I didn't see any.

He seems to think Miller asking him for phone numbers is a violation.

And I don't understand why anyone is mad at Miller....you understand that he was being interviewed by the NCAA, the organization that could end his career if they decided he didn't cooperate with them? If Ollie was going off the rails, I'm glad it came out when it did, because it would have gotten much, much worse.

Glen Miller's lack of loyalty to his boss will be the bigger problem with his future career than the NCAA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom