2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
What's his reasoning for the titles being fluky? Last year's team was dominant in any way you look at it. If that one is fluky then every championship is fluky. I guess he thinks it's fluky to win 6 games in a row by double digits. Both times.
A lot of people think that the talent at the college level has been lacking the past few years and they say that's why UConn has been dominant.

Reaction Score
I’m not complaining at all about Hurley or staff or our results. I’m saying recruits should be lining up to play for him at UConn like they do for much much lesser coaches without hesitation (Cal & Scheyer). He should have his pick of the litter year in year out eg Flagg and Meleek.
If UConn had been in the Big 12 Hurley would’ve gotten those players. Being in the Big East is a big liability. Mullins other two finalists are ACC and Big Ten teams. These kids want to play Duke, UNC, NC St, Purdue, MichSt, etc. multiple times during the season, not Providence or Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Yes because this is a 8 month decision. It would be telling if he chose Indiana only because of geography. I am a the GM from Orlando or LA and i am thinking twice about the kid’s maturity.
This is a ridiculous take. He is a teenager, just starting his senior year of high school. Having raised 3 kids, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If UConn had been in the Big 12 Hurley would’ve gotten those players. Being in the Big East is a big liability. Mullins other two finalists are ACC and Big Ten teams. These kids want to play Duke, UNC, NC St, Purdue, MichSt, etc. multiple times during the season, not Providence or Seton Hall.

mc-enroe-tennis.gif

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Nor Northwestern, Vanderbilt, ...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nor Northwestern, Vanderbilt, ...
Every conference has it's weak teams. However, there is an inherent strength, at the present time, of the big football conferences vs The NBE and it starts with money and exposure. They get the major network coverage. Is there a NBE network? FS1 and FS2?
When you are the king pins of a conference, like UConn is unquestionably in the NBE, it's easy to want to sit still and keep the status quo. I see both sides of the argument. However, UConn needs the influx of more dollars so it doesn't run solely on what the state and a few wealthy alumni/angels can provide.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m not complaining at all about Hurley or staff or our results. I’m saying recruits should be lining up to play for him at UConn like they do for much much lesser coaches without hesitation (Cal & Scheyer). He should have his pick of the litter year in year out eg Flagg and Meleek.
That's what Ollie thought and you see where that got him. No coach can take any thing for granted, kids want to be recruited.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Listening/posting Sleepers or Zanetto is a tell.
Can’t stand Sleepers. They troll UConn constantly and picked against UConn game after game despite the blowout victories. Destroyed all credibility for me.

I love Zanetto’s video topics, but he’s hard to listen to and if you’re an avid Boneyarder and a part of UConn twitter, he’s not saying anything new. In addition to that, his off the cuff parsing is underdeveloped(Furphy brothers?? Do a quick google search man..)
Zanetto should strive to have a more well informed guest on for every single episode and hire someone to hone his on camera mannerisms to be a little more appealing lol.

I don’t watch either anymore, but it’s impressive that each has been able to build the online platforms that have(to end on a positive note).

Reaction Score
I can’t tell if you’re serious or just trolling. I’ll go with the latter because I refuse to believe a UConn fan on the Boneyard can be serious with that take.

Reaction Score
I can’t tell if you’re serious or just trolling. I’ll go with the latter because I refuse to believe a UConn fan on the Boneyard can be serious with that take.
I’m serious and am just as big a UConn fan as you are. Only difference is I can see what Hurley and Luke are up against. I hope to god that Mullins and Reibe come here, that would be great. Ask yourself why there are there so many posts by hard UConn fans who continually ask why these kids are not lining to play for the best coach in the game? The reason is UConn is in a crappy basketball conference, with an athletic department starved for cash. Even Cooper Flagg probably wishes he could play for Hurley instead of Scheyer, but not if his short time in college is spent playing multiple conference games against Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, Xavier, Butler or Marquette.

Reaction Score
I’m serious and am just as big a UConn fan as you are. Only difference is I can see what Hurley and Luke are up against. I hope to god that Mullins and Reibe come here, that would be great. Ask yourself why there are there so many posts by hard UConn fans who continually ask why these kids are not lining to play for the best coach in the game? The reason is UConn is in a crappy basketball conference, with an athletic department starved for cash. Even Cooper Flagg probably wishes he could play for Hurley instead of Scheyer, but not if his short time in college is spent playing multiple conference games against Seton Hall, Providence, DePaul, Xavier, Butler or Marquette.
It has far more to do with being outbid for players with hard cash and not our conference. And remember — the schools aren’t paying kids so it’s not the value of the TV contracts. It’s how much the donors are coughing up for recruits. And there is no reason to think our amount is going to go way up by LEAVING the Big East.

Reaction Score
It has far more to do with being outbid for players with hard cash and not our conference. And remember — the schools aren’t paying kids so it’s not the value of the TV contracts. It’s how much the donors are coughing up for recruits. And there is no reason to think our amount is going to go way up by LEAVING the Big East.
I think it would go way up, donors won’t throw good money after bad. At the same time top recruits want to improve by playing the best competition, they want to be prepared for the next level, and get the best contract possible. Uconn has the best coach in the game, kids know that, but they also want to play against the best competition possible all season long, and UConn doesn’t offer that, and the donors know it too.

Reaction Score
I think it would go way up, donors won’t throw good money after bad. At the same time top recruits want to improve by playing the best competition, they want to be prepared for the next level, and get the best contract possible. Uconn has the best coach in the game, kids know that, but they also want to play against the best competition possible all season long, and UConn doesn’t offer that, and the donors know it too.
Keep going, this is great stuff

awy

Reaction Score
imagine typing a line like this after the team won 2 championships by historic margins

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom