2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
B10 dudes spitballing - throw out one diddy on back end.

I have no idea where this kid ends up but I can’t follow the logic of the Sleepers guys with respect to Mullins’ “betting on myself” line. When you phrase your decision as “do I go far from home and bet on myself or stay home where it’s comfortable?” it sure sounds like you’re going. Otherwise, what? You don’t want to bet on yourself? But as others have pointed out, these are the same Big 10 homers who thought Purdue was going home with a natty.

Reaction Score
I have no idea where this kid ends up but I can’t follow the logic of the Sleepers guys with respect to Mullins’ “betting on myself” line. When you phrase your decision as “do I go far from home and bet on myself or stay home where it’s comfortable?” it sure sounds like you’re going. Otherwise, what? You don’t want to bet on yourself? But as others have pointed out, these are the same Big 10 homers who thought Purdue was going home with a natty.

And that we were going to get torched by Boo Bouie.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I know the link has been posted but the visual makes me so happy. This guy's record is perfect so far.

View attachment 104084
Not to say this is wrong, but analysts can change their predictions leading up to announcements to keep their perfect record lol

This continues to be encouraging, I’ll be fully convinced once the IU guys concede the race.

Not sure how much the Maryland guy would know more than everyone else about the recruit from Indiana that UMD has hardly been involved in.

Reaction Score
greg in particular is pretty expert at coping about uconn. his basic take seems to be that hurley's tourney runs were fluky.

I never understood this argument - 1. The point of EARNING a one seed is to have the path of least resistance (whatever that means, in a tourney as high variance as march madness). 2. Which national champion has had a run of opponents that he deems to be worthy?

He's the ultimate hater.

Reaction Score
Not to say this is wrong, but analysts can change their predictions leading up to announcements to keep their perfect record lol

This continues to be encouraging, I’ll be fully convinced once the IU guys concede the race.

Not sure how much the Maryland guy would know more than everyone else about the recruit from Indiana that UMD has hardly been involved in.
For sure it can be gamed and all caveats apply when it comes to recruiting. 247 is way more encouraging than other places, though. Rather our crystal ball than IUs.

Reaction Score
They have no logic. It’s just uneducated banter, especially the guy on the left. Agree with you on that quote.

No kid is going to be a wimp and “stay close to home” in today’s world when the delta to develop is so drastic. Mom and dad can hop a plane and make the sacrifice to do what is right for their kids future, not for their 1-2 year comfort. This ain’t 1950, worlds gotten small.

Have thought all along he’s a shoe in, fit is way too good, risk with Woodson too great. I’m sure he had a chance to connect with Liam throughout all this. Can’t make a move just so mom and dad can make the ride. If he gets to the NBA he can buy them a house to live next door. Any long term perspective makes it an easy choice.

My read is the quotes and long play just a mirage to let IU country know it was a “tough decision”.

The Furphy stuff is a bit of a curveball. Maybe staff just putting out a little kick in the ass rumor to get this jump started.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hopefully someone with access can post some of the better replies from the IU premium message board.
They are questioning the validity of the crystal ball because of who it’s from at the moment. A staff member said it’s the persons opinion as far as the prediction goes.

Personally, I feel like the winds have been swinging in our favor based on the tea leaves regardless. Hopefully there’s nothing last minute that gets in the way.

Reaction Score
greg in particular is pretty expert at coping about uconn. his basic take seems to be that hurley's tourney runs were fluky.
That's some next level Huskies hate right there. Wow. I'm impressed.

Reaction Score
They have no logic. It’s just uneducated banter, especially the guy on the left. Agree with you on that quote.

No kid is going to be a wimp and “stay close to home” in today’s world when the delta to develop is so drastic. Mom and dad can hop a plane and make the sacrifice to do what is right for their kids future, not for their 1-2 year comfort. This ain’t 1950, worlds gotten small.

Have thought all along he’s a shoe in, fit is way too good, risk with Woodson too great. I’m sure he had a chance to connect with Liam throughout all this. Can’t make a move just so mom and dad can make the ride. If he gets to the NBA he can buy them a house to live next door. Any long term perspective makes it an easy choice.

My read is the quotes and long play just a mirage to let IU country know it was a “tough decision”.

The Furphy stuff is a bit of a curveball. Maybe staff just putting out a little kick in the ass rumor to get this jump started.
Liam was his host at UConn.

Reaction Score
That's some next level Huskies hate right there. Wow. I'm impressed.
Idk Gregg does a lot of Hurley knobbing as well. He’s generally open about feeling he’s the best coach and it’s the best program in the sport. He had them as his early pick to win it all again, was wearing all UConn gear during one podcast recently. No doubt B10 spawn, but can be objective. Pod more light banter, with little insights, but always hit the more interesting current topics, many that touch UConn.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
247 has Colby Giacubeno who in 2025 is 26/26 and all time 94.59% predicts UConn with a 6/10 confidence. For whatever that is worth.

Reaction Score
My hopes were low. I was mentally healthy, living good, peaceful conscious and having a great life

And now I will spend 50% of my waking hours thinking about if Braylon Mullins is really coming to UConn or not

Thanks for ruining my life, everyone

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom