2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
Idk Gregg does a lot of Hurley knobbing as well. He’s generally open about feeling he’s the best coach and it’s the best program in the sport. He had them as his early pick to win it all again, was wearing all UConn gear during one podcast recently. No doubt B10 spawn, but can be objective. Pod more light banter, with little insights, but always hit the more interesting current topics, many that touch UConn.
What's his reasoning for the titles being fluky? Last year's team was dominant in any way you look at it. If that one is fluky then every championship is fluky. I guess he thinks it's fluky to win 6 games in a row by double digits. Both times.

Reaction Score
I have no idea where this kid ends up but I can’t follow the logic of the Sleepers guys with respect to Mullins’ “betting on myself” line. When you phrase your decision as “do I go far from home and bet on myself or stay home where it’s comfortable?” it sure sounds like you’re going. Otherwise, what? You don’t want to bet on yourself? But as others have pointed out, these are the same Big 10 homers who thought Purdue was going home with a natty.
Yes because this is a 8 month decision. It would be telling if he chose Indiana only because of geography. I am an the GM from Orlando or LA and i am thinking twice about the kid’s maturity.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I just can’t believe how hard staff has to work for these kids even coming off back to back chips.
I think the timeline for these elite kids is only getting later and later. If we targeted players in the 50-100 range, I think we’d land them almost immediately.

Reaction Score
Let's just lock up Abdou Toure for 2026 to provide some mental relief to our nervous fanbase who fear we're going to swing and miss on all 2025 targets.

Reaction Score
We're loaded with studs who are already here and we're going up against the other biggest names in college basketball for these recruits. It shouldn't be surprising.
Scheyer has yet to prove he can coach his way out of a paper bag yet he got five 5*s and a 4* and a bunch of good transfers in his second season just because it’s Duke

It’s ridiculous that it’s so hard for Hurley. He’s the best coach and has the best staff in the country and just won back to back chips

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scheyer has yet to prove he can coach his way out of a paper bag yet he got five 5*s and a 4* and a bunch of good transfers in his second season just because it’s Duke

It’s ridiculous that it’s so hard for Hurley. He’s the best coach and has the best staff in the country and just won back to back chips
It's ridiculous you're complaining about recruiting. Our recruiting is incredible.

Reaction Score
It's ridiculous you're complaining about recruiting. Our recruiting is incredible.
There's like an 85% chance this is our best recruiting class ever when it closes (by ranking). In the composite... #19, 23, 26, 33 are strongly in the cards. Furphy isn't ranked, but he'll get added in top 50 I assume. It'll rival 2006 at the least (which had 3 top 36 by RSCI and 4th was 55).

Reaction Score
I’m not complaining at all about Hurley or staff or our results. I’m saying recruits should be lining up to play for him at UConn like they do for much much lesser coaches without hesitation (Cal & Scheyer). He should have his pick of the litter year in year out eg Flagg and Meleek.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m not complaining at all about Hurley or staff or our results. I’m saying recruits should be lining up to play for him at UConn like they do for much much lesser coaches without hesitation like they did for Cal and like they are for scheyer. He should have his pick of the litter year in year out eg Flagg and Meleek.
It will be three straight monster recruiting classes along with getting our top transfer targets.

It's impressive we get these top kids because we're really unlike any other program in this day and age. We have a team full of really good players who would be starting for other top 25 teams and they aren't leaving UConn for those starting opportunities. Recruits aren't getting scared off by the stacked rosters we already have. They all seem to get what Hurley and staff are doing and how it will benefit them and the team.

We have this whole recruiting transfer portal thing humming better than any program in the country.

Flagg and his family are lifetime Duke fans, that's what won it for them in the end. Who knows what's going on with Meleek Thomas, kid waffled so we focused elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's like an 85% chance this is our best recruiting class ever when it closes (by ranking). In the composite... #19, 23, 26, 33 are strongly in the cards. Furphy isn't ranked, but he'll get added in top 50 I assume. It'll rival 2006 at the least (which had 3 top 36 by RSCI and 4th was 55).
I think 2000 was probably known as our best class. Taliek Brown, Caron Butler, and Scott Hazelton. It was ranked as the #1 class by many.

Reaction Score
I’m not complaining at all about Hurley or staff or our results. I’m saying recruits should be lining up to play for him at UConn like they do for much much lesser coaches without hesitation (Cal & Scheyer). He should have his pick of the litter year in year out eg Flagg and Meleek.
They are lining up to play for UConn.

Reaction Score
We're going to end up with 3-4 top 30 recruits and are seemingly picking the guys we want and turning down others. I'm not sure what else you could reasonably want from this class

Reaction Score
We're going to end up with 3-4 top 30 recruits and are seemingly picking the guys we want and turning down others. I'm not sure what else you could reasonably want from this class
Looking forward to Reibes imminent commitment

We got lucky with Liam’s decommitment last year cause Flagg, edgecombe, ngongba, fland etc were guys Hurley wanted but they all chose to play for lesser coaches

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

They are lining up to play for him! We're currently leading or in the mix for several top 30 guys. We might get every guy we focus on. There are dozens of top-100 guys who would commit if the staff prioritized them. We turned down a guy who shot 100/201 from 3 (Brea) and UK was his consolation prize!

Look, not every kid wants to play for us. Not everyone wants to be in the Northeast. Some kids have other dream schools, like Flagg. Some guys want the most money, like AJD. But we’re doing great.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Looking forward to Reibes imminent commitment

We got lucky with Liam’s decommitment last year cause Flagg, edgecombe, ngongba, fland etc were guys Hurley wanted but they all chose to play for lesser coaches

You forgot to mention feline AIDS is the number one killer of domestic cats

I’m truly sorry you’re not enjoying our recruiting success

Reaction Score
I just can’t believe how hard staff has to work for these kids even coming off back to back chips.
Every coaching staff has to work harder now. With the transfer portal and NIL, coaches have to work harder to stay competitive. It's where we are now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom