2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
It all factors in. Adams, from New Jersey, goes to school in Indiana. After traveling to Vegas for a weekend to go to an all-star camp (as kids do), he flies home to make his commitment to UConn before heading back to Indiana. Lots of travel.

But don't think UConn being close to Jersey didn't help.

Sure if Mullins was from Connecticut and UConn had easy access to PT the choice would be easy. If he chooses Indiana it isn't just about being close to home, it is also not having to beat out Nowell, Ball, Mahaney, Adams, Stewart, Ross, and Abraham for PT. Oh and another reported $750k.
Coach Hurley is from NJ

Reaction Score
If Mullins is truly a OAD player, then he’s talking about leaving home roughly 8-9 months earlier than if he stayed in Indiana and attended IU. He’d be expected in Storrs sometime in the summer of 2025 for summer workouts and would play through the end of UCONN’s NCAA Tournament run, which is March or April 2026. If he really is going to be drafted he’ll be leaving school before the semester ends and start training wherever his agent sets him up before the draft which will occur in June 2026. If I’m his father I’d tell him to make the best decision for your career, I hope a mature 18-19 kid could be able to figure out what his best career option might be for a few months of “home cooking” being sacrificed before he’s offered the opportunity at riches far beyond what most of us could ever imagine.
I think if he goes to IU he won’t be a one and done. His parents won’t have to travel very much maybe for years.

Reaction Score
Woodson is under pressure to modernize his offense with more 3 pt shooting(Indiana shot 538 3's vs 788 Purdue and 815 UConn)--he says he only needs the personnel; I'm not sure it would be wise for Mullins to walk into an experiment, instead of a highly developed movement scheme at UConn designed for screens for shooters. This year Woodson's main recruits are two bigs, Ballo and Reneau.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom