2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
IU's business school is actually the highest ranked out of reibe's suitors, but they don't run the basketball program. maybe they should bring their sports analytics people in there.
I think Reibe has a future as a professional basketball player before entering the business world.

Reaction Score
Who said iu is doing it well. They had a lot of talent last year and did not dance. ballo reportedly got 2m. indiana may have the highest payroll. mercenaries is not winning formula. Hurley is managing the nil situation very well. I believe that will continue
To be fair, Woodson took over a steaming pile. He’s done some things well - has sent a few guys to the league, couple bigs and a guard. He has gotten to the tourney a couple times after IU went through a severe drought, and even won a game. Most of that success due to the talent he’s brought in. He seems to recruit fairly well.

A few things going against him - the NBA to college transition hasn’t worked, on any level across college hoops. An alumnus hire. He’s done a brutal job of grooming guards and his guard play has been generally abysmal, including 3 pt shooting. The offense can look really stagnant as he runs a pretty archaic system, focused on the front court with a lack of spacing. He’s generally underperformed given the talent (3 first rounders, and a great player like Reneau). He really hasn’t a “big win”, especially enough to satisfy the IU faithful. Wouldn’t call his seat super hot but after the pull and spend in this years portal, it will warm up quick with a sub par season and anything less than a tourney appearance, and likely a win or two. Especially in what appears to be a very down B10.

Reaction Score
We're pretty much assured 5 open scholarships. Diarra and Johnson have no more eligibility, open scholarship, Karaban, and McNeeley are gone after this season.
I hear you on McNeeley. I try not to count on his leaving as a definite thing. I hear what people are saying about the draft next year, but he hasn't even played a game yet, a lot can happen in a season. I know he is a good player, I just don't know how good. Castle last year had an upwards trajectory that I could follow and watch as he played better, using more of his talent and athleticism. I am sure the same will hold true for McNeeley.

Reaction Score
Especially in what appears to be a very down B10.
Joey Brackets doesn't think so. No very high end teams but a lot of good teams.

By the time the 2025 national champion is determined, it will have been a quarter-century since a Big Ten team won the NCAA title. It is one of those hard-to-believe streaks that's even crazier when you consider the conference has placed a best-in-the-nation 144 teams in the NCAA tournament since Michigan State hoisted the league's last trophy in 2000. Twenty-five years later, opportunity is once again knocking for the Big Ten. Not only are nine league members listed in our latest bracket, but every one of the First Four Out group -- Nebraska, Maryland, Wisconsin and USC -- are Big Ten members. Conference realignment and expansion are a part of that, for sure, but the Big Ten has never lacked for its quantity of contenders. Quality at times is another matter, and it could be again this year as the top Big Ten team on our seed list -- Purdue -- is only a No. 4. In the meantime, the Big East record of 11 tournament bids (2011) is very much in jeopardy. And the Big Ten is the most likely conference to break it, national championship or not.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Woodson took over a steaming pile. He’s done some things well - has sent a few guys to the league, couple bigs and a guard. He has gotten to the tourney a couple times after IU went through a severe drought, and even won a game. Most of that success due to the talent he’s brought in. He seems to recruit fairly well.

A few things going against him - the NBA to college transition hasn’t worked, on any level across college hoops. An alumnus hire. He’s done a brutal job of grooming guards and his guard play has been generally abysmal, including 3 pt shooting. The offense can look really stagnant as he runs a pretty archaic system, focused on the front court with a lack of spacing. He’s generally underperformed given the talent (3 first rounders, and a great player like Reneau). He really hasn’t a “big win”, especially enough to satisfy the IU faithful. Wouldn’t call his seat super hot but after the pull and spend in this years portal, it will warm up quick with a sub par season and anything less than a tourney appearance, and likely a win or two. Especially in what appears to be a very down B10.

Woodson’s seat is scorching. They run the most archaic offense in D1.

Reaction Score
Joey Brackets doesn't think so. No very high end teams but a lot of good teams.

By the time the 2025 national champion is determined, it will have been a quarter-century since a Big Ten team won the NCAA title. It is one of those hard-to-believe streaks that's even crazier when you consider the conference has placed a best-in-the-nation 144 teams in the NCAA tournament since Michigan State hoisted the league's last trophy in 2000. Twenty-five years later, opportunity is once again knocking for the Big Ten. Not only are nine league members listed in our latest bracket, but every one of the First Four Out group -- Nebraska, Maryland, Wisconsin and USC -- are Big Ten members. Conference realignment and expansion are a part of that, for sure, but the Big Ten has never lacked for its quantity of contenders. Quality at times is another matter, and it could be again this year as the top Big Ten team on our seed list -- Purdue -- is only a No. 4. In the meantime, the Big East record of 11 tournament bids (2011) is very much in jeopardy. And the Big Ten is the most likely conference to break it, national championship or not.

Joey way too early brackets in the house. I could see a situation where the Big10 has their usually crop of middle of the road teams, but severely lacking in the high end this year. They’ve lost stars in the portal (AJ Storr, Mich players) and not a ton coming back in other than this IU portal class. The Big10 in general isn’t pulling the high end HS talent these days as a lot of it is going to the SEC, Big12 and blue bloods. I don’t see Woodson having a lot of excuses this year not to make some noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom