Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Reaction Score
Alright I'll try this again....I think we must have a different definition of "Final Four" games in the context of this thread when you're considering Final Four games as the national semis and the championship round. In my definition, Final Four is synonymous with national semifinal games....the games that are played with 4 teams left, hence the name, "Final Four."

You're stating that Geno claims E8 games are the toughest. I'm just saying statistically it isn't the toughest round for UCONN, but that the toughest round has consistently been in the Final Four/National Semis (which again are the same thing).

If you look at results by round from Elite 8 to the title game, you have:
Elite 8: 19-5 (79.2% win rate)
National Semifinals: 11-8 (57.9% win rate)
National Championship: 11-0 (100% win rate)

Clearly the National Semifinals have been the most difficult round for UCONN, as they've only won 57.9% of the time while they've fared much better in the Elite 8 and Championship rounds.
ND has a winning record against UCONN in the NCAA Tournament because of the Semifinal games. ND has won 4 out of 5 Semis against UCONN. Which is interesting to me that the Semifinal Games have been His biggest stumbling block. If I was to prefer when to see UCONN it’ll always be in the National Semi Final Game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ND has a winning record against UCONN in the NCAA Tournament because of the Semifinal games. ND has won 4 out of 5 Semis against UCONN. Which is interesting to me that the Semifinal Games have been His biggest stumbling block. If I was to prefer when to see UCONN it’ll always be in the National Semi Final Game.
The social graces of a preschooler, I tell ya...

Plebe

Reaction Score
So if I have thoughts that don’t align with Yours I’m a pre schooler gotcha. You seem to like to personal attack me. But I’ll pay no mind to it.
I didn't say you were a preschooler. I do assume that you're older than 4. Nor did I say anything about your "thoughts."

It takes a lack of social awareness and/or politeness to take this thread and make it all about *your* team's winning record over UConn in a specific round of the NCAA tournament. I dare say most of us don't need that rubbed in our face.

Reaction Score
I didn't say you were a preschooler. I do assume that you're older than 4. Nor did I say anything about your "thoughts."

It takes a lack of social awareness and/or politeness to take this thread and make it all about *your* team's winning record over UConn in a specific round of the NCAA tournament. I dare say most of us don't need that rubbed in our face.
I was just responding to what @bballnut90 was talking about wasn’t trying to rub it in anyone’s face.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Postseason prospects for SEC women's teams on shaky ground

This hasn’t been a typical season for Southeastern Conference women’s basketball, and the league could feel the consequences when the NCAA Tournament bracket comes out.​
When the Division I Women’s Basketball Committee offered its early projections of the top 16 NCAA Tournament seeds this week, No. 5 Mississippi State (22-2, 10-1 SEC) and No. 11 South Carolina (18-6, 10-1) were the only SEC teams included. If that’s how the bracket ends up, it would mark the first time since 2011 the SEC had only two of the top 16 seeds.​

Reaction Score
After thinking about the initial top 16 reveal I've been looking at the four and five seeds for the four regions. This past week has seen a number of upsets and with five to six games remaining before the next reveal it may be overly speculative to comment. But here I go.

Since Charlie Cream began his bracketology the ASU lady devils have ranged from a 3 to a 5 currently residing as a 5. While I personally think the 5 is the correct seed as a fan I'd love to see a four and two home games in Tempe. Rhe Pac-12 tournament this year will be held in Las Vegas in March. Followers of women's basketball have debated the notion of regionals versus placing the final 16 in a single site. This is an interesting debate and one that bears further analysis. The recent outcry over the unbalanced nature of the current bracket would fall away in the event of a central location. As a fan of a program which rarely if ever makes it beyond The Sweet 16 I would love to have a central location allowing me to come and see all the top four seeds.

As far as the Pac-12 in the Massey discussion a real weakness in that analysis is the placement of UCLA. Next to Oregon the team that's most on fire right now. Unfortunately ASU will draw them in the second round of the tournament and after their thrilling last-second victory over the Devils at home I'm not optimistic. This is one of the reasons why I think the eye test is so important. Massey has Cal substantially ahead of UCLA. For those of you watching the Pac-12 games I'm sure you've noticed some of the deficiencies in Kristen Anigwes game on the defensive side of the ball. Her numbers are reminiscent of Megan Gustafson but I think she and Megan share the same problems defensively that will be revealed in the WNBA.several close analystsof the WNBA have Anigwe falling to the Phoenix Mercury. I certainly hope not. While poor coaching may be part of Kristen's issues I think that they're somewhat deeper seated than that and I'm not sure how she fits in a locker room or defensively at the next level.

getting ready to go to the Utah game. This is a big one for the Devils as it looks like there's some cow game will be our only two remaining victories with Oregon Oregon State and Stanford still on the schedule.after the Arizona wildcats completely shut Megan Hough down I believe she was going for 12 from the floor I'm expecting a big rebound game which puts tremendous pressure on our help defense. Both Courtney ekmark and Kianna Ibis will have to have big games looking forward to the last home game I'll be able to see for the Devil's this year

Reaction Score
After thinking about the initial top 16 reveal I've been looking at the four and five seeds for the four regions. This past week has seen a number of upsets and with five to six games remaining before the next reveal it may be overly speculative to comment. But here I go.

Since Charlie Cream began his bracketology the ASU lady devils have ranged from a 3 to a 5 currently residing as a 5. While I personally think the 5 is the correct seed as a fan I'd love to see a four and two home games in Tempe. Rhe Pac-12 tournament this year will be held in Las Vegas in March. Followers of women's basketball have debated the notion of regionals versus placing the final 16 in a single site. This is an interesting debate and one that bears further analysis. The recent outcry over the unbalanced nature of the current bracket would fall away in the event of a central location. As a fan of a program which rarely if ever makes it beyond The Sweet 16 I would love to have a central location allowing me to come and see all the top four seeds.

As far as the Pac-12 in the Massey discussion a real weakness in that analysis is the placement of UCLA. Next to Oregon the team that's most on fire right now. Unfortunately ASU will draw them in the second round of the tournament and after their thrilling last-second victory over the Devils at home I'm not optimistic. This is one of the reasons why I think the eye test is so important. Massey has Cal substantially ahead of UCLA. For those of you watching the Pac-12 games I'm sure you've noticed some of the deficiencies in Kristen Anigwes game on the defensive side of the ball. Her numbers are reminiscent of Megan Gustafson but I think she and Megan share the same problems defensively that will be revealed in the WNBA.several close analystsof the WNBA have Anigwe falling to the Phoenix Mercury. I certainly hope not. While poor coaching may be part of Kristen's issues I think that they're somewhat deeper seated than that and I'm not sure how she fits in a locker room or defensively at the next level.

getting ready to go to the Utah game. This is a big one for the Devils as it looks like there's some cow game will be our only two remaining victories with Oregon Oregon State and Stanford still on the schedule.after the Arizona wildcats completely shut Megan Hough down I believe she was going for 12 from the floor I'm expecting a big rebound game which puts tremendous pressure on our help defense. Both Courtney ekmark and Kianna Ibis will have to have big games looking forward to the last home game I'll be able to see for the Devil's this year
Hey @azfan - I have 2 general admission tix each for next weekend's ASU games vs. Oregon State & Oregon. Turns out I'm going to be out of town and can't use them (luckily I'll be in Tucson, so going to the U of A vs. Oregon game Friday night). Tickets are yours if you want them. Or anybody else around here that wants them. I don't want any $$. I can e-mail the original .pdf's. Let me know

Reaction Score
Thank you so much! Very thoughtful I'm also going to be out of town actually chaperoning my daughter's choir tour California. I have season tickets so I'll be missing both the Oregon state and Oregon score I have my fingers crossed that the devil's can split but I'm not that confident

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It could be worse. Years ago Penn State was the #1 and UConn the #2 in the Hartford (CT) Region.
Hartford Region? What year was that?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the article link. Upon reading it, the comments by the coaches, indicate posturing and denial. Yes, SEC Coaches, your league is the 5th rank conference and what you call parity, the rest of us call lack of team cohesion and coaching.

Honestly, there’s three coaches I respect in this conference-Schaefer, Staley and Pingeton. The rest are either overrated, overmatched or on the real downside of their career.
I think only MSU and SC deserve top 16 seeds and only Kentucky, A&M and Mizzou with NCAA bids.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks for the article link. Upon reading it, the comments by the coaches, indicate posturing and denial. Yes, SEC Coaches, your league is the 5th rank conference and what you call parity, the rest of us call lack of team cohesion and coaching.

Honestly, there’s three coaches I respect in this conference-Schaefer, Staley and Pingeton. The rest are either overrated, overmatched or on the real downside of their career.
I think only MSU and SC deserve top 16 seeds and only Kentucky, A&M and Mizzou with NCAA bids.
Lots of bubble teams in the SEC: Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas. I know how you feel about those power conference bubble teams ;) but I'd say 2 of these teams, and maybe 3, are likely to make the tournament.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Lots of bubble teams in the SEC: Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas. I know how you feel about those power conference bubble teams ;) but I'd say 2 of these teams, and maybe 3, are likely to make the tournament.
You realize I have a house on a river in Egypt so I am allowed to live in deNile. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This aint gonna happen.... but... but... but... if Miami wins out... could they rise to a #1 seed?

Plebe

Reaction Score
This aint gonna happen.... but... but... but... if Miami wins out... could they rise to a #1 seed?
LOL ... we're really reaching for some hypotheticals now.

I'd have to say highly doubtful. Unless a couple teams now in the top 6 falter significantly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Nope. A #2 seed seems there limit.

#2 seed in Greensboro and a matchup of twin towers vs Baylor. Talk about subplots @Plebe

imma need to slow down this Miami talk. Gonna mess around and jynx them and have them lose to GaTech and VPI

Plebe

Reaction Score
#2 seed in Greensboro and a matchup of twin towers vs Baylor. Talk about subplots @Plebe
Ha now that is actually quite plausible. Heck, could easily be a #3 or #4 seed in Greensboro even if they don't run the table.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha now that is actually quite plausible. Heck, could easily be a #3 or #4 seed in Greensboro even if they don't run the table.

i think you will end up with a Big 12, ACC, Pac 10, and SEC mix in greensboro

Plebe

Reaction Score
i think you will end up with a Big 12, ACC, Pac 10, and SEC mix in greensboro
Well, unless Maryland or Iowa get sent to Greensboro, that will almost certainly be the case. Doesn't look like any other conferences will be represented in the top 16, other than the AAC :)

Because of geography, Maryland is a team that could easily end up in Greensboro.

Reaction Score
Most broadcasters and reporters are always crying about having parity in women's basketball. Well it seems it is here this year. So no matter what happens, their will be more the the normal amount of complaining regarding their seedings for this years brackets. It is my humble opinion that not all four #1 seeds are going to make it to the Final Four this year. There are at least 10 to 12 teams that if they get hot can win it all, but they all have good and bad points. The winner will be the coach that can utilize their teams strong points and mask their deficiencies. Should be an interesting tournament.

Reaction Score
Someone has to go there and theres no way MSU moves ahead of Louisville/Baylor/Oregon with their best wins being SC and Marquette. MSU is going to be a very difficult matchup for UCONN due to their size and rebounding ability, but beating UCONN in Albany will not be easy. I love Vic, but scheduling a dreadful nonconference slate may end up being costly.

Ironically, if MSU loses once or twice to SC, itll likely move them out of Albany and they may get a more favorable matchup vs Louisville.

Well that Texas game we thought would really bolster the resume as I think they were #10-12ish then but seems like fhey had 2 starters out so it ended up garnering little attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom