Bracketology 3/9/2019 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 3/9/2019

Reaction Score
I think the geography rules would put Oregon in Portland and move Stanford somewhere else if Stanford got a 1 seed. Similarly, I believe UConn would still get Albany as a 2 seed.
If the number 1 seeds are Baylor, ND, UConn, and Stanford, Certainly ND will be in Chicago, UConn in Albany, Baylor in Greensboro, so that leaves Stanford, as number one seed, in Portland.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Miss State should be the 4th seed, especially after winning the SEC Tournament. Just my vote! Would that send Baylor to Portland??

Reaction Score
I'm just giving you a hard time.

Let me put it this way. When Tennessee plays Notre Dame is the one and only time I *ever* root for the Flighty Irish.

I am just about the same regarding the Irish, except I will never, ever root for them ;)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Louisville is still positioned to be a 1 seed, but getting throttled in the ACC tournament doesnt look good for them.

Mississippi State I'd put as the top 2 seed, followed by Stanford and then Oregon. If Stanford is ahead of Oregon do they get Portland over the Ducks?? I'd expect Oregon State to be placed in Portland as the 4 if the Ducks arent.

Based on S curve I'd select:
1. Baylor
8. Iowa

2. Notre Dame
7. Oregon

3. UCONN
6. Stanford

4. Louisville
5. Mississippi State

But if we go based on geography (meaning top 2 seed plays in regional closest to home regardless of who the 1 seed is):
1. Baylor (Greensboro)
2. Mississippi State

1. Notre Dame (Chicago)
2. Oregon

1. UCONN (Albany)
2. Iowa

1. Louisville (Portland)
2. Stanford

Reaction Score
I think Louisville is still positioned to be a 1 seed, but getting throttled in the ACC tournament doesnt look good for them.

Mississippi State I'd put as the top 2 seed, followed by Stanford and then Oregon. If Stanford is ahead of Oregon do they get Portland over the Ducks?? I'd expect Oregon State to be placed in Portland as the 4 if the Ducks arent.

Based on S curve I'd select:
1. Baylor
8. Iowa

2. Notre Dame
7. Oregon

3. UCONN
6. Stanford

4. Louisville
5. Mississippi State

But if we go based on geography (meaning top 2 seed plays in regional closest to home regardless of who the 1 seed is):
1. Baylor (Greensboro)
2. Mississippi State

1. Notre Dame (Chicago)
2. Oregon

1. UCONN (Albany)
2. Iowa

1. Louisville (Portland)
2. Stanford
This may sound stupid but I would prefer MSST to play Baylor at Greensboro than UConn in Albany or Oregon in Portland. I think our best match would be Louisville anywhere!

Reaction Score
This may sound stupid but I would prefer MSST to play Baylor at Greensboro than UConn in Albany or Oregon in Portland. I think our best match would be Louisville anywhere!

I think y'all would be better served vs either of those over Baylor. As y'all have what we have a 6'7 center.

Reaction Score
I think y'all would be better served vs either of those over Baylor. As y'all have what we have a 6'7 center.
We play great defense! Better than we did 2 years ago last time we met. Baylor is a really good team and we would have to play our A game to win but Baylor would have to play their A game also. To me that is the game I want to see!

Reaction Score
We play great defense! Better than we did 2 years ago last time we met. Baylor is a really good team and we would have to play our A game to win but Baylor would have to play their A game also. To me that is the game I want to see!

The goal is to win a Championship and y'alls strengths work better against teams like UConn and Louisville. So I am surprised that y'all would want to play us considering your two bigger strengths are our biggest strengths. So they would possibly offset.

Reaction Score
In the latest Bracketology, can L'ville and Syracuse be the 2 and 3 in Albany? I thought conference rivals cannot meet until the regional final.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My 16:
  1. Bay
  2. ND
  3. Lou
  4. UConn
  5. Ore
  6. Miss St
  7. Stan
  8. Iowa
  9. NC St
  10. MD
  11. Ore St
  12. Mia
  13. Syra
  14. SoCar
  15. IowaSt
  16. TAMU
UConn / Miss St / Ore St / Syra [34]
Bay / Iowa / NC St / TAMU [34]
ND / Stan / MD / Iowa St [34]
Lou / Ore / Mia / SoCar [34]

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In the latest bracket, can L'ville and Syracuse be the 2 and 3 in Albany? I thought conference rivals cannot meet until the regional final.
This is not a hard-and-fast rule *unless* the teams have already played each other 3 times.

There is a principle that says the committee "will attempt" to prevent conference rivals from meeting until the regional final, but that's not a hard-and-fast rule. There are other principles that can take precedence.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Why are you so rude?
Not to speak out of turn, but for most people on this board the thought of rooting for Tennessee is anathema.

Hence the laughter. I read that as levity, not rudeness.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
When the NCAA awarded a regional to Portland, OR for 2 consecutive years (or was it 3 years?), it was with the assumption that either Oregon or Oregon State would be good enough to be a Top 16 seed and bring a lot of fans to the regional. Don't kid yourselves to think that Oregon is going to be sent to any regional other than Portland, regardless of whether they are a #1 or #2 seed.

Stanford is deserving of a #1 seed, IMO, over Oregon, and they have a proximity argument as to being sent to Portland instead of the Ducks. But, would attendance be even close with Stanford there instead of Oregon? I don't think so.

Same premise as when the committee awards Regionals to cities in the northeast -- because UConn fans will buy tickets and support their team year in and year out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom