Bracketology 3/9/2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 3/9/2019

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
As a MState alum and fan, I am not concerned about where we go or what our seed is. We are going to be a #2 seed regardless.
Basically the top 6 are going to have beat one or two of the other six barring an upset (which is possible). There are teams from #7-25 capable on a given night of beating one of the top 6. Not necessarily likely but very possible.
So as Al Davis used to say back in the day “ Just Win Baby” definitely applies here. Regardless of who you are playing, your team had better be ready to play its best game.
Sometimes a perceived easier bracket ends up being tougher in reality. You just never know.
State playing Arkansas today is intriguing. Will the emotion carry over for the Lady Hogs? Sometimes the hot team can take down a better team. So we will see what happens.

Reaction Score
I don’t know. Taking down two ranked teams back to back in March, when TN has but one victory all season long over a ranked team (TX in Dec) makes a pretty strong case for the Razorbacks.

Sometimes I wonder if Creme is on TN’s payroll.
No ESPN's. And who shows the SEC Network? And which SEC team still has the biggest national audience?

Get it?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Charlie's updated bracket, as of this morning (before today's games):
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Last 4 in: Indiana, Buffalo, Tennessee, Ohio
First 4 out: Butler, TCU, Arkansas, Virginia Tech
Next 4 out: St. Mary's, USC, West Virginia, LSU

Reaction Score
Yeah I completely disagree as well. I think he's making a bigger deal out of the margin of victory than the committee will.
Agree. Makes no sense to me when they lost by a lot without their best big and best bench player to one of the top 4 teams in the country.

Reaction Score
Moron Creme drops Louisville to the 2 line lol completely disagree
Louisville did not look like a number 1 seed to me. I realize ND had an outstanding game and Louisville had some key players out but Louisville was terrible rebounding and the defense was almost as bad. My top six
seeds would be 1. Baylor 2. UConn 3. ND 4. Oregon 5. MSST 6. Louisville.

Reaction Score
OK - possible insight on Charlie's thought process:

When asked on the halftime show just now if UConn should remain a #1 seed, Charlie said that UConn has been criticized for their weak conference schedule, and some don't think they deserve the #1 seed, but their only losses have been to the two best teams. He thinks UConn is still on the #1 seed line because the committee had them as a #1 in their last reveal, and nothing has happened since then that would change that.

Reaction Score
Andy Landers lobbying Charlie for Miss State to be a #1 ("Winning both the SEC regular season and conference tournament is a strong statement, yada yada yada..."). Charlie says the only way that happens is if Oregon loses to Stanford today, and even then Miss State would go to Portland as the #1 and Oregon would be there as the #2. Andy gets his back up and tells Charlie, "You're not going to go down to Starksville and say that, are you?"

Reaction Score
Andy Landers lobbying Charlie for Miss State to be a #1 ("Winning both the SEC regular season and conference tournament is a strong statement, yada yada yada..."). Charlie says the only way that happens is if Oregon loses to Stanford today, and even then Miss State would go to Portland as the #1 and Oregon would be there as the #2. Andy gets his back up and tells Charlie, "You're not going to go down to Starksville and say that, are you?"
Yep, Andy letting his SEC bias show. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

In other years that would be more impressive, but this year SEC is 5th-strongest RPI and MSU won title by beating only 1 solid tourney team (Mizzou), plus Tenn and Ark.
Also Bulldogs have 0 wins over the committee top 10.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Even though Louisville lost today in bad fashion.... the win vs Clemson and NC State is better than Miss State's wins this weekend. I would hate to see them lose a #1 because they ran into a freight train today.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm agreeing with super troll, Kenny Kallina...:confused:
Tough to reconcile the LVs ahead of TCU...can't see what bad losses TCU had? Can you? About the only thing the LVs have, is a modestly better SOS....but, a # of bad losses.....What am I missing? And, of course, none of their defenders want to go anywhere near their last eighteen games (can we say, 11 losses in their last 18 games, including to Vandy?).

Reaction Score
Ha Charlie responds to a tweet from super-troll Kenny Kallina:

As per a previous post last year Creme got 31 of 32 (97%) at-Large bids correct and 56 of 64 within 1 seed (88%).

If he removes Tennessee in his last Bracketology before the actual bracket is announced then we will have evidence of his bias.

Reaction Score
Charlie on top teams: based on the last few weeks X team looks better and deserves that higher seed

Charlie on bubble teams: it is the full body of work you can’t just look at the last few weeks

:confused:

Reaction Score
Charlie on top teams: based on the last few weeks X team looks better and deserves that higher seed

Charlie on bubble teams: it is the full body of work you can’t just look at the last few weeks

:confused:

The committee released its top 16 last Monday. So, yes, for the top teams, the thing that matters is performance since then.
For all other teams, we have no information from the committee, so the whole body of work is how you should evaluate the teams.

Reaction Score
Why is it that people want to crucify Charlie Creme for giving his opinion about seeding.My god he is simply giving his best guess about what the committee might do.I find his estimates very amusing and hope he always continues to publish his potential bracket.I think the headings always let us know ahead of time that this bracketology stuff will appear on that particular thread.Simply don't click on it and save yourself a lot of unnecessary angst.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Does it really matter if UConn is a 1 or 2 seed?? IMO—NO! They will be in Albany either way. I think some fans spend too much energy on seeding.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has just tweeted:
"Some ups and downs to Championship Sunday on the 1-line. Now the top seeds are Baylor, Notre Dame, UConn, and Mississippi St. The 2’s: Louisville, Oregon, Stanford, Iowa"

Plebe

Reaction Score
Developments on the bubble continue to break Tennessee’s way. Fellow bubble team Butler just lost tonight in the Big East quarterfinals to Creighton.

Along with Buffalo, TCU and West Virginia that makes 4 bubble teams that have lost in the last 2 days, making it less likely that TN will be left out. I’ll try to console myself with the thought that this will make it more likely that Holly stays.

Reaction Score
Louisville did not look like a number 1 seed to me. I realize ND had an outstanding game and Louisville had some key players out but Louisville was terrible rebounding and the defense was almost as bad. My top six
seeds would be 1. Baylor 2. UConn 3. ND 4. Oregon 5. MSST 6. Louisville.
Revised top 6, 1. Baylor 2. UConn 3. ND 4. MSST 5. Oregon 6. Louisville, both Oregon and Louisville lost today but Louisville got blown out. Just MHO so we will have to wait until next Monday to see how close I came.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tough to reconcile the LVs ahead of TCU...can't see what bad losses TCU had? Can you? About the only thing the LVs have, is a modestly better SOS....but, a # of bad losses.....What am I missing? And, of course, none of their defenders want to go anywhere near their last eighteen games (can we say, 11 losses in their last 18 games, including to Vandy?).
TCU has a loss to Oklahoma State, #143 in the RPI. Not as bad as the Vanderbilt loss, but still a bad loss. But the biggest weakness in TCU’s resume is that it’s light on quality wins. The Iowa State win is a really good one, but that and Kansas State are their only two wins over at-large-caliber teams. Tennessee has five of those wins. TCU also went 0-3 against Texas, a team TN beat on the road.

It’s a really close call. I could see the committee going either way on that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom