Bowl Game Interest? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bowl Game Interest?

Reaction Score
I would go to Albuquerque or El Paso without a second thought. Of course their both an easy drive for me from Phoenix. If the game is in Boston or New York I'm donating two tickets.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
just entered for 2
Go UConn

Reaction Score
Can someone forward me the link? I didn’t attend UConn and haven’t been to a game in almost 10 years. I’m in a good financial position now, would love to donate tickets to any student willing to go. I’ll be out of the country all December.

Reaction Score
looks like the link is going nowhere now when I try to show interest in purchasing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Athletic Department email

I just received an email from the athletic department gauging interest in attending a bowl game (see link).

If anyone who is not a season ticket holder (would not have received the email) is interested, please let the athletic department know.

It sounds like a) we will need to lobby available bowls for an invitation and b) guarantee a set number of tickets sold.

This is merely a guess on my part but there is a chance that the school won't lobby very hard if they don't believe we will attend the event. If you want us to go to a bowl and have the available resources (time & money) please support the program.Don't want to get ahead of ourselves
Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but talking about a bowl game is, more or less, surreal!
Hats off to the players, staff, coaches (especially Mora) and the whole community. A lot of people were whispering doom and gloom before the season, but so far it has been a pleasant surprise! Whatever happens in the next two games, we are getting a little proud again. At this point, what the hell - let's get at least one more win and make things interesting!

Reaction Score
I don't think the person who writes for Athlon Sports liked the way we looked against UMass this past weekend... don't think he/she believes we can beat either Liberty or Army to get a bowl opportunity (nice bulletin board material for us):

Reaction Score
I don't think the person who writes for Athlon Sports liked the way we looked against UMass this past weekend... don't think he/she believes we can beat either Liberty or Army to get a bowl opportunity (nice bulletin board material for us):

Army looked really bad for the 1 quarter I watched on saturday. REALLY bad

Reaction Score
We went 8-3 as an Independent before joining the Big East and didn't get a bid. Has something changed?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We went 8-3 as an Independent before joining the Big East and didn't get a bid. Has something changed?

Everything has changed. Back then every bowl had a contract with a conference. There were also fewer bowls, so it was very rare that a conference didn't fill its allotment. No conference no bowl.

Now, there are 84 bowl slots and usually teams at 5-7 are considered (using APR as the priority). Minor bowls are mostly owned by ESPN these days and most of those have at-large slots. Geography/TV/Travel are priorities.

For example, if Fenway has an open slot, it's likely ours.

Reaction Score
In for 2 even though I would be donating them.

Reaction Score
Everything has changed. Back then every bowl had a contract with a conference. There were also fewer bowls, so it was very rare that a conference didn't fill its allotment. No conference no bowl.

Now, there are 84 bowl slots and usually teams at 5-7 are considered (using APR as the priority). Minor bowls are mostly owned by ESPN these days and most of those have at-large slots. Geography/TV/Travel are priorities.

For example, if Fenway has an open slot, it's likely ours.
One of my scariest thoughts is that ESPN is the owner of majority of the ones we would likely get slated into. And I cant imagine our relationship with them is very good after moving to the Big East/getting a contract for football with CBSSN. Even Umass was able to get a TV deal with ESPN+.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
One of my scariest thoughts is that ESPN is the owner of majority of the ones we would likely get slated into. And I cant imagine our relationship with them is very good after moving to the Big East/getting a contract for football with CBSSN. Even Umass was able to get a TV deal with ESPN+.

Any P5 is getting in over us, but we get in over almost any G5 with a few exceptions. All 7-5 teams need to be slotted first. Being 6-6 may limit the available slots. At that point, other factors can come into play.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
SI latest projection

Dec. 22

Armed Forces Bowl, Fort Worth (7:30 p.m., ESPN)
American vs. at-large
ECU vs. UConn

Cripes! I made the following prediction on September 19:

Maybe a miracle happens and we beat Liberty or BC, making us 6-6 and playing in the Cure Bowl against ECU.

Pretty close! Now all I need are my annual undefeated season and National Championship predictions to come true!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Maybe a miracle happens and we beat Liberty or BC, making us 6-6 and playing in the Cure Bowl against ECU.

Pretty close! Now all I need are my annual undefeated season and National Championship predictions to come true!
I would love that matchup. The stadium is 25 minutes from me

Reaction Score

Dec 16 (Fri) 3:00 PM (EST) Home DULUTH TRADING CURE BOWL Exploria Stadium

located in Orlando, FL... not a bad spot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom