Bowl Game Interest? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bowl Game Interest?

Reaction Score
Who’s the QB from CT?
Will Levis, starred at Xavier in Middletown CT. Graduated in 2018 IIRC. I know he has ties to Massachusetts but he went to Xavier, one of the premier HS programs in the state. Joe Moorehead was the primary recruiter while at Penn State.

Reaction Score
UConn-KU would be interesting, their QB who might be playing on Sunday in the not too distant future, is a Connecticut native.
Who’s the QB from CT?
Will Levis, starred at Xavier in Middletown CT. Graduated in 2018 IIRC. I know he has ties to Massachusetts but he went to Xavier, one of the premier HS programs in the state. Joe Moorehead was the primary recruiter while at Penn State.
He goes to Kentucky - not Kansas.

Reaction Score
Ha, that charter was a nightmare...Bradley was not ready to handle us! Also, waiting outside in the cold at Ford Field until the buffet was ready...no fun. The stadium and the game were great though...
Not to mention getting back around 3 am the next morning. Waiting for the charter back to Bradley I was seated near a table that included then President Harry Hartley and course Dee Rowe.

Reaction Score
I think he may be referring to Will Levis, the Kentucky QB who played at Xavier-Middletown. People often confuse UK with KU.
Yeah, my bad. Either team will be a challenge though. Lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he may be referring to Will Levis, the Kentucky QB who played at Xavier-Middletown. People often confuse UK with KU.
Yeah, I obviously meant Kansas, bowl eligible for the first time since 2008. Like UConn, their QB, Jalon Daniels got hurt. He was in the Heisman discussion before that. Seems they think KU will go to the Liberty bowl. There’s not much chance of a meeting between KU and UConn, just thought it would be a cool storyline with two teams that have been awful and turned it around.

Jalon Daniels is an interesting story. Hard not to root for him. Still not back. 'Who is this kid?' How L.A.’s Jalon Daniels went from unknown quarterback to Heisman candidate

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t mind a quick trip to Boca.
There are worse potential destinations (including remaining on Storrs during bowl season).

I could be dead wrong but I see this as that bowl wanting as one of the participants. Here's hoping the only thing that prevents us from ending up there is that someone else picked us first.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Ha, that charter was a nightmare...Bradley was not ready to handle us! Also, waiting outside in the cold at Ford Field until the buffet was ready...no fun. The stadium and the game were great though...
I took a motor home with a bunch of guys I didn’t really know to Detroit for that game. We parked in a random lot in the city and the next morning were told we were beyond lucky it was not vandalized or worse.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder and I get none of these e.mails.
I have chairbacks in fact. I get my intel from you guys.
We have so few season ticket holders and the AD really does a tty job.
No email for me, I just googled it after the initial post...

Reaction Score
Regarding SoFla Steve's post, I do recall good attendance in Detroit as it was our first bowl. Did we really show up en masse in Birmingham and Toronto?
Yes. I don't have links to prove it, but I was at both, and we travelled well.
It's probably your account settings. Check your junk mail, make sure you allow marketing etc. emails from UConn.

I got the email and don't have season tickets.

Reaction Score
Do you have Cox as your internet service? I wasn't getting e-mails either until last spring. My sister, in conversation, brought up an e-mail about reupping for season tickets which I never got.on her email date. I called the athletic office & they said that they have problems sending emails to those with Cox Internet. The rep made a change at their end & I've been getting e-mails ever since.

Reaction Score
I have pictures of the score board from all of our bowl games except Toronto was unable to attend that game. I like to take a picture of the final score. The Fiesta Bowl was the easiest for me cause I had moved to Surprise AZ.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

As we blew most of our end of year discretionary budget on tree removal, I'm hoping for Detroit. I don't need sun or golf, just a game, good food, and a comfy hotel. Also not having my feet in a puddle all game while sitting on cold concrete like I did at the Military Bowl a few years ago. Four hour drive.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
As we blew most of our end of year discretionary budget on tree removal, I'm hoping for Detroit. I don't need sun or golf, just a game, good food, and a comfy hotel. Also not having my feet in a puddle all game while sitting on cold concrete like I did at the Military Bowl a few years ago. Four hour drive.
It's good for you, not great for most of us. Rooting for Fenway, even though it's probably a crappy football venue.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's good for you, not great for most of us. Rooting for Fenway, even though it's probably a crappy football venue.
Serious question - Do secondary market sellers have to tell you if their seats are obstructed view?

I'm sure Fenway or Pinstripe would get the most UConn fans, and I actually could probably pull off NYC, although I'll have just been in CT two weeks prior.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Serious question - Do secondary market sellers have to tell you if their seats are obstructed view?

I'm sure Fenway or Pinstripe would get the most UConn fans, and I actually could probably pull off NYC, although I'll have just been in CT two weeks prior.
Have to? I am not sure. Do they? StubHub and Ace do. If you buy outside of those, I really don't know.

Reaction Score

Yankee stadium doesn't have obstructed views. Fenway has some for baseball because the seats point towards home plate. But for football the field is set up from the mound towards right and center field, so those might not come into play. Most of the seats are on the first base side and both teams are on the green monster side

Reaction Score
Yankee stadium doesn't have obstructed views. Fenway has some for baseball because the seats point towards home plate. But for football the field is set up from the mound towards right and center field, so those might not come into play. Most of the seats are on the first base side and both teams are on the green monster side
Yup - This is the seating chart for when we went up to Fenway for UConn/BC in 2017. It wasn’t a bad game experience except for the crappy weather and the actual game itself.

1668466824379.png

I don’t hold out a lot of hope that UConn gets slotted into a bowl here this year unless things break super crazy.

Reaction Score
I live here, so I like Boca for selfish reasons. Orlando is nice too because my oldest is at UCF, and I will take any excuse to go see him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom