Bowl Game Interest? | The Boneyard

Bowl Game Interest?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Athletic Department email

I just received an email from the athletic department gauging interest in attending a bowl game (see link).

If anyone who is not a season ticket holder (would not have received the email) is interested, please let the athletic department know.

It sounds like a) we will need to lobby available bowls for an invitation and b) guarantee a set number of tickets sold.

This is merely a guess on my part but there is a chance that the school won't lobby very hard if they don't believe we will attend the event. If you want us to go to a bowl and have the available resources (time & money) please support the program.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If anyone who is not a season ticket holder (would not have received the email) is interested, please let the athletic department know.
Not a season ticket holder. Got the email as I do all UConn Athletics emails. It's basically an opt-in email list for the athletic dept, no purchase required.

Anyone have a history of our ticket sales for bowl games (not counting Fiesta Bowl as we know that was a bit of a debacle)?

Reaction Score
Not a season ticket holder. Got the email as I do all UConn Athletics emails. It's basically an opt-in email list for the athletic dept, no purchase required.

Anyone have a history of our ticket sales for bowl games (not counting Fiesta Bowl as we know that was a bit of a debacle)?
Edit: Fiesta Bowl was NOT a "debacle" as far as UConn fan attendance was concerned. Roughly one-quarter of the stadium from the 50 yard line to the end zone where the UCMB was stationed was clad in National Flag Blue. Most of those were intelligent folks who bought ducats on the aftermarket. The National Championship was held in that same stadium. Fans of the participating teams were forced to buy tickets to all 3 bowl games being held in the Phoenix area. Those fans then dumped the tickets to the Fiesta Bowl & the game played in ASU's stadium onto Stub Hub et al. where they sold at bargain basement prices.
DON'T EVER forget that fact.

Reaction Score
Everyone here MUST put in an order. It’s not an order to buy, but an indication of interest. We need to reintroduce ourselves to the bowl committees who will be focused on at-large teams with a fan base. Frankly, this should be like voting in Chicago for all of us - early and often. The AD has to sell us as much as the team. Let’s go!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Edit: Fiesta Bowl was NOT a "debacle" as far as UConn fan attendance was concerned. Roughly one-quarter of the stadium from the 50 yard line to the end zone where the UCMB was stationed was clad in National Flag Blue. Most of those were intelligent folks who bought ducats on the aftermarket. The National Championship was held in that same stadium. Fans of the participating teams were forced to buy tickets to all 3 bowl games being held in the Phoenix area. Those fans then dumped the tickets to the Fiesta Bowl & the game played in ASU's stadium onto Stub Hub et al. where they sold at bargain basement prices.
Yeah, there were a lot of us fans there. Wish I had gotten a better picture. @Skiblets @UConnSportsGuy ?

BB62A768-2639-4D2E-8597-162DE69BA872.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had already considered all of that before posting the question. I specifically called attention to it because I didn't want replies to be all about that game. It's really the only bowl I recall that has well-documented history on UConn attendance, even though the immediate aftermath was a negative portrayal.

So, anyone have history on the other bowls as far as UConn fan presence?

Regarding SoFla Steve's post, I do recall good attendance in Detroit as it was our first bowl. Did we really show up en masse in Birmingham and Toronto?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Put in my order. Excited to do so!

AND…hoping it doesn’t mess with the mojo…

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
  • No payment is required.
  • Indicating interest does not obligate you to buy bowl game tickets.

Seems there's really no reason not to take the 10 seconds to put an "order" in. Mods: Should spread this around the Yard boards and pin it

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Aw, heck, the Boneyard should be able to sponsor students like we did for the Fiesta Bowl. I’m in for a ticket or two.

Please let me know when this gets coordinated, Nan. I’m in for a few tickets.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
  • No payment is required.
  • Indicating interest does not obligate you to buy bowl game tickets.

Seems there's really no reason not to take the 10 seconds to put an "order" in. Mods: Should spread this around the Yard boards and pin it
Already on the women’s board

Reaction Score
Just put my interest in for 3 tickets. Would be a cool thing to take my parents to (depending on where/when (and if)).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Okay, what would the best fit for this fan base? The Wasabi Fenway Bowl seems like hand in glove to me. Miserable weather likely, easy travel, a bowl that has been in planning for years that has yet to conduct an actual game on the field. Let's do it.

Date Time At Opponent Location Tournament Result

Dec 16 (Fri) 11:30 AM (EST) Home HOMETOWN LENDERS BAHAMAS BOWL Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium

Dec 16 (Fri) 3:00 PM (EST) Home DULUTH TRADING CURE BOWL Exploria Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 11:00 AM (EST) Home WASABI FENWAY BOWL Fenway Park

Dec 17 (Sat) 12:00 PM (EST) Home CRICKET CELEBRATION BOWL Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 2:15 PM (EST) Home NEW MEXICO BOWL University Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 3:30 PM (EST) Home JIMMY KIMMEL LA BOWL PRESENTED BY STIFEL SoFi Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 5:45 PM (EST) Home LENDINGTREE BOWL Hancock Whitney Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 7:30 PM (EST) Home SRS DISTRIBUTION LAS VEGAS BOWL Allegiant Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 9:15 PM (EST) Home FRISCO BOWL Toyota Stadium

Dec 19 (Mon) 2:30 PM (EST) Home MYRTLE BEACH BOWL Brooks Stadium

Dec 20 (Tue) 3:30 PM (EST) Home FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL Albertsons Stadium

Dec 20 (Tue) 7:30 PM (EST) Home ROOFCLAIM.COM BOCA RATON BOWL FAU Stadium

Dec 21 (Wed) 9:00 PM (EST) Home R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL Caesars Superdome

Dec 22 (Thu) 7:30 PM (EST) Home LOCKHEED MARTIN ARMED FORCES BOWL Amon G. Carter Stadium

Dec 23 (Fri) 3:00 PM (EST) Home RADIANCE TECHNOLOGIES INDEPENDENCE BOWL Independence Stadium

Dec 23 (Fri) 6:30 PM (EST) Home UNION HOME MORTGAGE GASPARILLA BOWL Raymond James Stadium

Dec 24 (Sat) 8:00 PM (EST) Home EASYPOST HAWAI'I BOWL Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex

Dec 26 (Mon) 2:30 PM (EST) Home QUICK LANE BOWL Ford Field

Dec 27 (Tue) 12:00 PM (EST) Home CAMELLIA BOWL Cramton Bowl

Dec 27 (Tue) 3:15/6:45 PM (EST) Home SERVPRO FIRST RESPONDER BOWL Gerald J. Ford Stadium

Dec 27 (Tue) 3:15/6:45 PM (EST) Home TICKETSMARTER BIRMINGHAM BOWL Protective Stadium

Dec 27 (Tue) 10:15 PM (EST) Home GUARANTEED RATE BOWL Chase Field

Dec 28 (Wed) 2:00 PM (EST) Home MILITARY BOWL PRESENTED BY PERATON Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium

Dec 28 (Wed) 5:30 PM (EST) Home AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium

Dec 28 (Wed) 8:00 PM (EST) Home SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION HOLIDAY BOWL Petco Park

Dec 28 (Wed) 9:00 PM (EST) Home TAXACT TEXAS BOWL NRG Stadium

Dec 29 (Thu) 2:00 PM (EST) Home BAD BOY MOWERS PINSTRIPE BOWL Yankees Stadium

Dec 29 (Thu) 5:30 PM (EST) Home CHEEZ-IT BOWL Camping World Stadium

Dec 29 (Thu) 9:00 PM (EST) Home VALERO ALAMO BOWL Alamodome

Dec 30 (Fri) 12:00 PM (EST) Home DUKE'S MAYO BOWL Bank of America Stadium

Dec 30 (Fri) 2:00 PM (EST) Home TONY THE TIGER SUN BOWL Sun Bowl Stadium

Dec 30 (Fri) 3:30 PM (EST) Home TAXSLAYER GATOR BOWL TIAA Bank Field

Dec 30 (Fri) 4:30 PM (EST) Home BARSTOOL SPORTS ARIZONA BOWL Arizona Stadium

Dec 30 (Fri) 7:30/8:00 PM (EST) Home CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL Hard Rock Stadium

Dec 31 (Sat) 12:00 PM (EST) Home TRANSPERFECT MUSIC CITY BOWL Nissan Stadium

Dec 31 (Sat) 12:00 PM (EST) Home ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL Caesars Superdome

Dec 31 (Sat) 4:00/8:00 PM (EST) Home CHICK-FIL-A PEACH BOWL (CFP Semifinal) Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Dec 31 (Sat) 4:00/8:00 PM (EST) Home VRBO FIESTA BOWL (CFP Semifinal) State Farm Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 12:00 PM (EST) Home RELIAQUEST BOWL Raymond James Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 1:00 PM (EST) Home GOODYEAR COTTON BOWL CLASSIC AT&T Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 1:00 PM (EST) Home CITRUS BOWL Camping World Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 5:00 PM (EST) Home ROSE BOWL GAME Rose Bowl Stadium

Jan 9 (Mon) TBD Home COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY AT&T SoFi Stadium

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And here's this about that: I can commit 2 no matter where, even Shreveport. But if it's Fenway or The Bronx you can multiply by 5.
If it’s in Florida, I’ll bring 6. The Villages has a UConn fan club and busses hundreds of fans to UConn games within Florida. I think I’ll post the link to their Facebook page

On edit: I do not live in the Villages. That is so not us

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom